Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 01-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

To Purr_fect_Heart:
What part of Maryland are you from? I'm from Baltimore. Just curious.
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2008, 06:24 PM

After my boss went on vacation leaving me on call she finally sent me an email after being in town a few days.

In her email to me was the fact that she was concerned about my lack of motivation for the job. :[

She is basing this on the fact that I didn't want to return to work at 3 weeks and before my doctor released me at 6 weeks.

I kind of felt this coming because of how she acted right before she left.

So even though I needed the paycheck I had to tell her to shove it!

I replied back and told her that I knew that I shoudln't have taken on the job until my surgery and post op was done because my motivation had nothing to do with how I work.

You know with the way insurance companies are if I would have went back knowing I was not released from the doctor if something happened I really wonder if the insurance would have covered it.
Unread 01-19-2008, 07:11 PM

I think they need to change the recovery period for a hysterectomy to 8 weeks. Then maybe these employers will not except you to start back to work at 2-3 weeks. You have so many emotional and physical changes.

I'm about 9 weeks post op and still get tired, sore, irritable, and whiny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2008, 10:36 PM

Hi Dr Duke and J Colorado
I agree with you both Iam catching all kinds of hell myself, Iam awaiting for my transfer papers to be complete .
I have been cursed out 2 days in a row (yesterday and Today) by a co worker who sides by the manager who is on this bandwagon saying I had a 6 week paid vacation and doubting if I ever had surgery. Mind you this is female co worker and the manager is male. This person even went so far to damage company property resulting in no phone service which is safety issue - I had to report it to HQ. Had to walk all the way to the general managers store today and thank goodness everything was caught on video tape. No phone service until Tuesday morning.
My TAH was 8 weeks ago yesterday I was released to work by my doctor at 6 week started work 1/7 started out 3 days at 7 hr shift mid shift-thank goodness of the intervention of my General manager ( a male) who went over my manager's head .
My manager who keeps saying I had a 6 week paid vacation." Thank goodness I have a fair general manager. This week was my first week doing my full time 8 hr schedule, I still get pooped when I arrive home
. Now I have to open the store tommorrow at 4:45am and I had to work tonight 1pm-9:30pm which gives me little time to sleep I will have less than 4 hours sleep. I arrived home at 5 minutes to midnight which means I have to wake up again at 2:45am and leave my house at 3:55am.
The funniest thing no one has a clue what kind of surgery I had at all. It is disgusting how vindictive people can be. All Iam saying I hope my transfer be sooner than later.
Unread 01-21-2008, 06:48 PM

Is this swelly belly every going away? 8 weeks post op today and my belly is so swollen and sore tonight. I did run the vacuum today for the first time, do you think that could have done it? Is any one else still suffering from this or should I call my doc?
Unread 01-21-2008, 06:54 PM

I still get swelly belly -it happens when I over do it. I get it at the end of my work day. I had a huge one this weekend. I worked 1pm-9:30pm shift Saturday then the very next day Sunday 4:45am-1:15pm shift.
I had less than 2 hours sleep Saturday night. Today Iam still recovering.
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:02 PM

I am 8 weeks post op and still swelly, and SORE. I guess after organs were removed, the ones left in there are doing some rearranging and trying to figure out where to land. Was sore on right side last 2 weeks, now today after working Sat. and Sun. 12 hr. shifts, my left side is sore.
Just gonna take some time, maybe up to 12, 16 weeks for the soreness to go away. Now if it gets unbearabe, time to call Doc. Or if have discharge or fever, then call Doc. Keep with the Motrin- I am resting today also.

TAH/BSO due to 18cm cyst and hyperplasia 11/26/07
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:05 PM

Iam happy hystersisters exist....It's great we are not alone experiencing our swelly bellys and other physical pains.
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:48 PM

I guess I'd better get the motrin out again. I didn't know if I could take it with the Ambien I'm having to take for insomnia.
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:08 PM

If your insomnia is due to the pain then I would take the Motrin. I don't see why you couldn't take both, but if you are in doubt, I would definately give Doc a call.
Amen!! Contessa D!!!!! No one that hasn't been through this even has a clue as to what we are feeling. My good friend told me to "snap out of it and start enjoying life", be grateful I am alive. Believe me, I am so very grateful but that doesn''t take away the discomfort. So nice to share with sisters........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register