Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 03-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Still some pain

I had an SAH and the skin above the incision is still oddly sensitive/painful, especially when I wear underwear that's low enough that the elastic is in that area.

Is anyone else's hair falling out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

I had DaVinci surgery so I have 5 small incisions. After several weeks some of the stitch knots surfaced. The doctor informed me that I could have stitches surfacing for awhile. I noticed this week that 2 incisions have some knots surfacing and the skin around them is really tender and red. The one above my bellybutton rubs on my pants all the time and some days is really annoying. How long before this will be all healed?
As far as the hair, it's not falling out, but it isn't the same. My husband is a hairdresser and says it's from the anesthesia and meds.
Hang in there...spring is coming and things will get better!
Unread 05-19-2008, 06:18 AM

Hey everyone,

6 months today for me. Hasn't the time been zooming by the last few months. How's everyone doing? Feeling ok? Work going well? I'm doing pretty good. Still having some thyroid problems. A few pains here and there. It's really nice not dealing with the whole monthly thing!

Best wishes,
Dink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2008, 09:13 AM

Six months for me, too. I feel back to about 90%. I'm still dealing with a lot of numbness and sensitivity from nerve damage, though and really just hoping that it will go away eventually. It does hamper how much activity I can do - running and jumping are out of the question and if one of my kids bumps me there, it hurts quite a bit. I've also still got almost daily swelly belly. The good news is that most of my menopausal symptoms are minor and I haven't had to take any HRT. For that I am thankful - and not having to deal with the horrible pain of a period every three weeks.
Unread 05-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Yeah...... 6 months...... time flies !

For my condition, the incision is still slightly sore, sometimes I felt as if it is going to slit any moment if I exert too much force. I get tired very easily now, I used to work 13 hrs a day. For now, I just felt lethargic after about 5 hrs. I have to drowned myself with lots of tonic or coffee in order to keep myself awake.

Oh yes, good thing is that every month I don't have to worry about changing tons and tons of sanitary pads. All I have to do is to put on a lining pad during each month's discharge. Sometimes, the discharge is dark brown which lasted for 5 days. Sometimes, the discharge is dark red, is it normal to experience this?
Unread 05-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Wow! Time flies

I didn't realize it has been 6 months since surgery!

My belly is still sore above the incision, and it feels like the internal scars pull and ache sometimes when I'm more active than usual. I guess it's normal. The better I feel, the more active I get (especially with Spring here and yard work to do) and that tugs on muscles and incisions that have had some time off.

My hair fell out for three or four weeks then stopped. Thank goodness.
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Six Months recovery still progressing

magenta
Well its been six months and don't get me wrong it definetly has its good points, ie: no endless pads day after day... But still struggling with the swelling (espicially as the day goes on, or if I over do it exercising) Things are getting back to normal with working and working out, but boy do I feel it when I go over board, actually I don't feel it per say as it is still numb, and achy when stretched..

All in all it is taking a little longer to get over then I expected, but we are stepping in the right direction.... Just one concern, its the lack of bladder control when doing any jumping or running or sneezy.... not enjoying that.

Good luck to all and stay positive....
Unread 05-19-2008, 02:24 PM

I guess I better make an appt. for 6 mo. follow up !!!! I had forgotten how long it has been.....glad all are doing well....I am back to work full time, but do still get some soreness on right side when I over do it...I can go a week without even thinking about it then...twinge....I remember all too well...but glad I did it...(Ihad to, with huge ovarian cyst) and really am grateful to all for support and ear........
Unread 05-19-2008, 07:17 PM

Well, it's almost 6 months for me, too. I can't believe it. I'm feeling almost back to "normal"....my activity level is good and I only have some twinges when I pick up something really heavy. The only thing that still gets me down is that I do get tired more easily than before. Some nights I still feel like I could crawl into bed at 9:00. I do need to remember to still take it easy....I forget that it does take time for everything to heal completely.
I hope you are all doing great! Take care of yourselves.
Unread 05-19-2008, 07:26 PM

where is everyone's home town???
Dr.Duke, I see we are both in Ga. I am south of Savannah about 30 mi.
one from Singapore??? wow...
Central Fla. where at? My son is in Okeechobee....
I see California, too...wow. we are nationwide, aren't we???

Good Luck to all..............

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register