Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 11-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

I just noticed that my hysterectomy date shows as 11/26, but it was 11/20. Does anyone know why that is, or how I change it so that my posts are correct? Thanks!

UPDATE: Don't know how to delete this post, but found my answer and edited my profile.

xoxox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 05:53 PM

I've been so tired and had no energy. I was sleeping until 10AM but now I'm getting up around 8AM. I eat breakfast, take a shower, and watch tv. By 1PM I need a nap, and sleep for 3 hours, then get up, watch tv and wait for my family to come home. I try not to feel bad about doing nothing. I want to heal properly. My DH and DD totally understand and tell me to just sit and take it easy. I thought I would be in the mood to do something, crafts or at least read a book, but I still just want to sit and watch tv, movies, or surf the internet. Ah well...boredom will hit soon enough I suppose.
Unread 11-30-2007, 06:32 PM

I had a TAH w/ BSO plus cervix on Monday Nov. 19th and came home on Wed. 11/21. My husband works out of town and so my two sons and I went to my parents' house to stay until I can drive. I have had problems with my incision site hurting only on one side and having numbness (at least externally) over 3/4 of my incision. Anyone else having similar problems? Also, when are your doctors telling you can drive again? Mine's saying 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.
Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 06:32 PM

Monday the 26th I had a vaginal hysterectomy at first I had a lot of discomfort with pressure and slowly with the Morphine it got better.

Most the trouble I have had is with an upset stomach and feeling like I need to pee more more than likely from all the water I'm trying to take in.

The pain meds I'm taking as needed are making me feel worse than better so I have not taken any today. I might take one before I go to bed just to stay ahead of any pain that might creep upon me.

I'm so happy to have found this forum it's so good to talk with others in my same situation.

Thanks Everyone!
Janet
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:25 PM

Hi everyone !
I had my LSH on Monday Nov.19th. It went really good but it took me 5 days before I got my appetite back. It has been 1 week and 4 days since the surgery and I find that when I do alot....it feels as if things in my tummy are tensing up or contracting. Not unbearable...just weird. It feels better to hold my tummy sometimes when I am on my feet for a while.
I went back to work (in a doctors office) this past Wednesday....but I did have help....so I took it easy.

I am finding that I am waking up with a pressure in my bladder 4 or 5 times during the night....and it seems like I go to the bathroom more. I think my bladder has gone crazy! Wish I knew what that feeling was all about.....I just hope it stops soon so I can sleep all night.

Hope this info helps others......and also if anyone knows about the bladder situation .... please fill me in.

Thanks
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:31 PM

I actually was sitting here thinking the same thing, Stacey - My Motrin 600 mg doesn't really do much for me.. Percocet either, much anymore. I know it must, but....don't note the sleepiness or immediate relief like before. I guess my pain isn't that bad. Feels more like cramps, now.

DG-- you went back to work already???? OH WOW!!! Was that okayed by your doctor? Take it easy! I also feel like I wake alot at night to potty. But, don't know what's up with that. I figure it's more cuz I'm still not sleeping as well as I used to.
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:53 PM

Thanks for responding so fast.
My doctor actually told me to be out 2 weeks but said if I felt better by a week and half then I could go back to work. I work for an eye surgeon and I am actually an "only employee" so without me....no patients would be seen. The doctor's other office loaned their worker to me for the day we had patients heavily (which was Wednesday). So I basically sat and worked the computer and checked the patients in and out. Not much moving to do....the other girl did the running and moving around.

I had the Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy which has a really fast heal time. I got to keep my ovaries and my cervix. Doctor even told me I could drive when I felt like it was okay.

The getting up at night really bothers me....I am not used to going to relieve my bladder 4 or 5 times during the night. If you find out something please let me know.

I did read in one forum on another site that one woman was told that her bladder was not used to full capacity and the pain and urge to urinate would be there until the bladder grew used to the full feeling of not having the uterus pressing down on it.

Thanks for the info !!!
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:40 PM

Hi everyone! I'm 10 days post op. All of a sudden today, around dinner time, I started having all this pain. It's very crampy, very low in the front pelvic area, in the vagina, down the fronts and backs of thighs. Has ANYONE had this? It is very painful and no I didn't over dio it today. Any ideas on what this might be?

THanks.
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:18 PM

Sounds like that would make sense, the bladder not used to being/feeling full - but wouldn't that be more for people who have Prolapse, or I guess possibly women who have large sized uteruses.

Am I the only one here who had UTERINE PROLAPSE?? I had 3rd degree Prolapse, but was asymptomatic (didn't really bother me, yet). I also looked to have a 3rd degree cystocele - which is the bladder also prolapsing/protruding... Once my uterus and cervix were gone, and the vagina suspended, my anterior and apical support (bladder) looked good. So, the dr did not do the repair on it.

Molly - I don't know what that pain could be. Maybe it is just the healing pains.. I have a surgery date of the 20th, too, and I have been feeling more menstrual crampy, myself. Low cramps, like you.
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Report from Day 9

My surgery was Wed. Nov. 21st, the day before Thanksgiving. I had a total hysterectomy including cervix (due to prolapse and fibroids), and ovaries removed (presence of cysts). I had very long and detailed discussions with my family doctor of 20yrs (Marianne Beard) and with the Ob-Gyn surgeon (Connie Roberts), so I came to the decision fully understanding of the reasons for it. For some strange reason, my usual low blood pressure was over 150 the day or two before surgery. I did not think I was that nervous, but my doctor gave me COREG to lower the blood pressure. It was still about 150 right up to surgery time! The only eventful part of my day was that I was delayed about 4 hrs because the patient before me needed repairs to the bladder. It seemed to be a very long wait, and then my time came, I went under and came out just like that. According to the doctor, everything went fine.

I came out of anesthesia without nausea, just this horrible pain across the middle and a catheter. I noticed at once that my blood pressure had now dropped to about 115 over 85 which is very normal for me, oof! The first day was on IV morphine, the second day was on Vicodin. I was constantly being checked for vital signs (temperature and oxygen level and blood pressure) and having to do inhaling exercises every hour on the hour, to prevent infection in the lungs. Painkillers laced with narcotics so I was able to nod off easily. Hug a heavy pillow against my middle all the time.

Thursday, I watched the Cowboys football game against the NY Jets on Thanksgiving afternoon, Nov. 22nd. I am a Cowboys fan, so that made my day. Nurse made me get out of bed and walk in the hallway, 3 times that day. I was afraid to cough or sneeze or laugh, as it pulls hard at the tummy. Kept a pillow pressed to the middle all the time for comfort.

On Friday Nov. 23rd, I was able to move around, although still in pain. Passing gas is kind of a shock to the tummy. I noticed I had a row of steri-strips: doctor said I could soap and scrub vigorously, then blow dry the incision and the strips would last at least 4 days. I went hone that afternoon.

For the past week, I have been sleeping a lot: either in bed at night, or just chilling on the long couch in the living room. Holding a pillow to the middle helps. Sleeping on my side with a pillow between the knees helps. Pressing middle on a pillow helps when I have to cough or sneeze. On the Sat and Sun, I had several waves of callers who brought foodstuffs to help me out. I just stayed on my couch as it was difficult even to sit up.

I live with a 17-yr old daughter. She goes to school during the day and then helps with a few things when she comes home. So I nap on and off all day, given the Vicodin.

I experienced a couple of nights of sweat attacks: totally drenched body, pajamas, and bedsheets! Then the estrogen supplement I am taking seems to have kicked in and the last two nights have been very mild. I am also taking Black Cohosh and Evening Primrose Oil supplements, and a chinese female tonic herbal mix called the Four Things.

Friday evening, I sat at the computer for the first time in a while and played a video game. That was fun! I use a special chair that is a frame on rollers holding an exercise ball, so I don't hurt too much down there. I have noticed that walking and sitting seem to trigger painful twinges in the pubic area. I try to massage the incision area when I am lying down, I always heard that getting lots of blood flow would heal a wound. So I am walking around with my hands holding my abdomen below the navel, sort of like I used to walk when I was very pregnant.

I woke up feeling extremely well today - Day 9. Lots of energy and just a little ache across the incision. So I took the 2 little dogs for a walk and we actually walked for 40 minutes! Then I decided to go shopping at Walmart for groceries, picked up some prescriptions at the local CVS, filled up the car with gas and came home still full of energy. I had been cooped up for so long that I gave myself a treat, an ice cold bottle of Coke Zero from the vending machine.

The day was so very mild that I decided to hang the christmas lights along the eaves of the house: I dragged the short ladder and clippled the strings of icicle LED lights to the eaves. I didn't count that as HEAVY lifting or stretching. Then I decided to chop down the shrub that was hampering me from the corner of the house: I used large clippers and a saw to drag away the offending limbs. Then I got energetic and decided to trim away all the dying annuals which had been neglected while I was pre-occupied with my medical appointments for the last 2-3 months.

After working in the yard for about 3 hrs, I noticed my back was sore, so I put things away and came in, took a shower and peeled off the last of the steri-strips. The incision looks pink and thick and healing well.

I took a nap and more Vicodin. My back has been hurting pretty bad all day and I seem to be going peeing all the time. I think the caffeine in the soda is what is causing the incontinence because I have had that experience in the past.

I pretty much stayed on the couch most of the evening. As my last Vicodin pill got used up, I am now using Darvocet and Soma (a muscle relaxant) to help me cope with the back ache. I take Lunesta as a sleeping pill because of ongoing insomnia problems (unrelated to this situation).

I still have to wear thin pads due to tan spotting. I was only told not to do any heavy lifting (not clear how many pounds...) so the heaviest thing I have lifted may be my Shih-Tzu who is about 15 lbs: I sat on a stool and brushed her hair and did her top knot with a pink bow.

Hopefully, I have not overdone it today. I will be a good girl and lie still in bed all weekend to rest. I have been reading tons of romance novels and watching a lot of TV. Things getting kind of dull... First post-op checkup on Wed next week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register