NO discharge after LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NO discharge after LAVH NO discharge after LAVH

Unread 11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
NO discharge after LAVH

I had my surgery on Nov. 12. The day I came home from the hospital I wore a pad. After i had been home about 2 hours I took it off and haven't had to wear one since. Is it normal to have NO discharge at all??? When I go tinkle there might be a tiny dot of blood on the tissue but that is it.

Other than that I am doing better than I thought I would be.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 07:55 AM
NO discharge after LAVH

I had a tvh on oct. 2. I had a small amt of bleeding in the hospital. After I came home I have had no bleeding or discharge at all. I was worried that my stitches weren't dissolving, but I had my 6 wk post op Friday and they were all dissolved and everything was fine. My dr said some women just get lucky and don't have bleeding or discharge.
Unread 11-19-2007, 09:00 AM
NO discharge after LAVH

I had a little bleeding after my surgery (Nov.1st) and had nothing since until yesterday. Now I am bleeding bright red fairly heavy, I don't think I am supposed to be doing this so I am calling my Dr. later.

Barri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 09:06 AM
NO discharge after LAVH

Barri - I would definitely call your doctor. My doctor said anything bright red or in any significant amount could be a problem.

I didnt have any bleeding at all from the day I left the hospital. I have had a slight watery discharge that I hope is normal. It doesnt have an odor or a color so I am not too worried about it. I see the doctor today for my checkup.
Unread 11-19-2007, 09:42 AM
NO discharge after LAVH

Barri - I had no bleeding post op, except about 2-3 days at about 2 weeks. It was bright red, and I even passed a good size clot. However, it wasn't as heavy as a period, but couldn't be considered "spotting" either. Called doctor, she had me come in and checked everything out. She did say that usually, dangerous bleeding is not "subtle". Usually, heavy. She said heavy is considered soaking through a pad every hour or less. I was fine, probably popped a stitch or something like that.........but I would call the doctor, just to be sure.

Anyway, besides that 2-3 days, I had nothing until the last week. (week 3). For the past week, I've had a small amount of discharge......which doctor said was to be expected.

Hope this helps, ladies.

Take Care,
Christine
Unread 11-19-2007, 10:27 AM
no bleeding

I also had an LAVH, and I have had no bleeding since I left the hospital (the day after surgery). I wore pads the first week thinking that I would surely start bleeding, but nothing.

Saw the doctor today for a follow-up and he had no concerns.

Unread 11-19-2007, 11:08 AM
NO discharge after LAVH

I had a TVH exactly 2 weeks ago, and the only bleeding I had was 2 small spots when they removed the packing and the catheter in the hospital. I thought something might be wrong too. I still keep expecting it, especially since many women seem to have something around this time.

Thanks, hyperhyster, for letting us know that some women have nothing. I won't worry so much if I don't have any bleeding during recovery.

Thanks, paininthe, for sharing your experience also. It is so helpful!
Unread 11-19-2007, 11:19 AM
NO discharge after LAVH

I had quite a bit of bleeding after the packing came out from my TVH, however, I lost a lot of blood during the operation. After about two hours, it went to just really light bleeding, and now it is spotting very rarely, but some brownish discharge sometimes. Can I ask all of you ladies - are you using Premarin cream vaginally after your procedures? My doc prescribed it, but I haven't used it for two reasons - fear of putting anything "in there right now," and the possible side effects. I kept my ovaries too, so I would really like to know if you guys are using it too.

Thanks for your help!

Sandy
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:32 PM
NO discharge after LAVH

Hey, Sandy, my doctor didn't give me any cream, premarin or otherwise. Most doctors seem to say "nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks"... so you might want to check back with your doctor about when they want you to use it.

- Lysippe
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
NO discharge after LAVH

Thanks Lysippe - I have not used it, and won't until I go back to my four week checkup. I read the insert for it, and it is scary stuff! I would think since I have my ovaries still, I should be fine, wouldn't you think? Thanks for the info - I didn't really think everyone with a vaginal hyst. was using Premarin cream afterwards!

Sandy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register