NO discharge after LAVH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NO discharge after LAVH NO discharge after LAVH

Unread 11-19-2007, 07:52 PM
NO discharge after LAVH

I had a TVH and kept both ovaries, and my doctor didn't give me any cream, premarin or otherwise, either. I won't see him again until 2 weeks from now (4-week check), but if he says something then, I'll certainly let you know. But, I will second what Lysippe said about nothing in there for 6 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 08:54 PM
NO discharge after LAVH

Hi ladies,

My Dr. atthis point is not too concerned about my bleeding since it comes and goes and is not soaking through a pad and the pain is tolerable. She did say if anything changes and gets worse call her or get to an ER.

I did have a strange brownish/clear discharge with a strange smell (not awful, but certainly not normal) and stringy stuff ... I know but hey we are dealing with the same stuff and I know this was some of my stitches disolving, so far nothing more.

Thinking of us all as we move forward to our new stage in life.

Barri
Unread 11-19-2007, 09:31 PM
NO discharge after LAVH

Thanks CAmich - very good to know - that makes me more comfortable not using it. I have a four week postop check too - a week from tomorrow, so I'm definitely waiting. Definitely let me know if your doc prescribes it - I'd really like to know. Premarin isn't really something I want to mess with if not necessary, ya know?

Barri - not TMI - it's good to know this stuff, and sometimes a lot of us are looking for specifics and either don't know how to ask it or wish someone would say it! Now if that happens to me I won't freak out, because you already described it!

Thanks Ladies!

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 09:35 PM
NO discharge after LAVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmich
I But, I will second what Lysippe said about nothing in there for 6 weeks.

My Dr. said nothing in "there" for 12 weeks. Yikes ....
Unread 11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
NO discharge after LAVH

Quote:
My Dr. said nothing in "there" for 12 weeks. Yikes ....
Well, let me back up a little. I should say my doctor's partner said nothing in there for 6 weeks. She is also the same person who told me it was okay to drive at 1 week while at the same time telling me to keep taking the pain pills regularly (driving and drugging!!! ). I'm going to ask my own doctor when I go back in a couple of weeks. Judging from the last time he did surgery, it was more like 8 weeks before he lifted the ban. I think I was more excited about being able to finally take a bath then resuming "relations" as it were.
Unread 11-20-2007, 11:51 AM
NO discharge after LAVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmich
I think I was more excited about being able to finally take a bath then resuming "relations" as it were.
That is me ... at least at this time. It seems to me between 6-8 weeks is the norm, my Dr. the was the first I heard tell 12 weeks ... but I am not going to argue with her, I sure don't want to anything wrong and set me back.

I can't believe your Dr. partner would tell you to take drgus and dirve ... what is he/she thinking? My Dr. told me I drive 4 days after my surgery ONLY if I no longer taking pain medication and I comfortablely lift my foot off and on the breaks ... I didn't drive for 2 weeks.

Good Luck,
Barri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register