Six months out - any help? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six months out - any help? Six months out - any help?

Unread 11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Six months out - any help?

I am just over 3 months post and I have horrible aches and pains. The hip pain about did me in. And combined with lower back pain I was crying every morning. Getting up in the night, taking painkillers. Now the lower back pain continues, along with other aches. The hip thing has lessened a bit. Doc says it has nothing to do with surgery, but that's wrong, just read all the input from us woman and that will tell you it does. I have not felt the same since surgery. Tired all the time, aches, fat, crying. This is a good website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 08:16 PM

Yes, I also had joint pain after my TAH w/BSO, my fingers had pain, and my upper back also. But, I am on HRT and it really helps me alot! I also take Omega 3,6,9 daily and my joints feel much better. I'm on viville dot. 1.0
Before my HRT I had fuzzy thinking, joint pain, alittle depression and hot flashes. The combo has helped alot!
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:02 PM

Well... You can add another name on the lower back pain/hip pain list. I had my surgery (TAH/BSO) in May and have been plagued with this pain ever since. In the beginning I attributed it to the lack of movement/exercise during my recovery, but I am now 6 months out and I am still experiencing it. I have been on HRT (Vivelle Dot .075) since I had the surgery. I also noticed that someone mentioned something about antibiotics post surgery. I was on Levaquin (sp?) for a week post surgery. I have never pain like this before and I am hoping that it will resolve in time. I have heard many people say that it can take up to a year for the body to completely heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 07:05 AM

Hi,

It's been almost 9 months since surgery and I still have the pain. Now to top it off, I have to go for an endoscopy and colonoscopy because I get bad pain in my side and then I get really sick to my stomach. My doctor said it has nothing to do with the surgery, but yet look at all the posts from other hysterectomy patients and we all have the same symtoms.
I wish there was a doctor who would listen.

I am going in on the 15th for these procedures. Here we go again.
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:33 AM

My TAH was 3 months ago and I still have terribe lower back pain. The pain in my hips, which felt like they were trying to disjoint themselves from my body as mostly went away. Sometimes that flares up. But every morning, and sometimes during the day my back kills me.

I'm on HRT something called Estrodial, no hot flashes, some crying. My incisions is also very sore and tender. One end opened up and got infected so I had treatment on it for 4 weeks, so now it is healing differently than the rest of the incision. It stinks.

But ladies, I'm beginning to believe that having no painful, long periods is better than anything. I can see how wonderful it is not to have them, not to be sick, that went on for many years, and now it is over. I've just got to be strong and get through all this. Sheesh, no one told us about all these aches and pains.
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:20 AM

hey angelnine, i was the one who talked about the side-effects of levaquin, and the other synthetic antibiotics, like cipro and noroxin (that was the one that destroyed my life), and they destroy the bacteria, but destroy the mitochondrial dna in humans as well. mostly destroy the cells in ligaments, but a whole bunch of other side-effects as well - here's a link that explains it all.....

http://www.fqresearch.org/

and dalona.........not having periods surely is a good thing. but, the way most people seem to think that you should be fine/dandy by 6 weeks seems to be a crock, eh? hmmmm........ gee.
Unread 11-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve07
and dalona.........not having periods surely is a good thing. but, the way most people seem to think that you should be fine/dandy by 6 weeks seems to be a crock, eh? hmmmm........ gee.
I'm with you here. I went in yesterday because I had a lot of burning after my silver nitrate treatment (still burning 10 days out) - kept asking them if it might be a yeast infection as I did take a course of Augmentin for a possible UTI (which turned out negative) but they kept telling me I was "normal". Well, I wasn't, I had a yeast infection and am now taking Diflucan, but I digress a bit...

...she (the nurse practitioner) did a little mini pelvic exam - but before she did, she commented "well you must be pretty much healed at this point". Ummm...guess again! I am still really tender in all the incision area. She even said "boy you ARE tender, aren't you?" DUH - I just had an abdominal surgery on the 10th of October...that whole "magical" "six weeks and you are cured" stance is getting on MY nerves as well. I can't be the ONLY one, from reading these posts, that "doesn't heal normally".

Maybe they need to do some rethinking and change that whole 6-week bit. But I'm sure if they did, they'd lose a LOT of business for hysterectomies - who is going to WANT to get it done if they hear it takes upwards of six months to a year (or longer) to feel "normalish" again??
Unread 11-30-2007, 05:33 PM

I am six months out and I am still hoping and praying for normal. Not only do I have the aches and pains, but my belly is still rather lopsided looking. The right side of my incision feels just fine, as a matter of fact it has healed very well. The left side sticks out quite a bit more than the right side, is tender and the incision/scar is a deep red, raised and tender. It isn't an extemely big deal, but it does bother me sometimes. This is totally off the subject, but have any of you experience any change in your hair or hair loss? Just curious.

Genevieve07... Thanks for the link. I really appreciate your response.
Unread 11-30-2007, 06:45 PM

Greetings! I am almost a year out..and I have had ups and downs but feel muchbetter than before. I had a pretty easy recovery..but had suprise menopause..as I kept my ovaries..they failed 3 months post-op. I had been on 0.5mg Estradiol until recently..increased to 1mg due to hot flashes again. I have had severe headaches x2 months..anyone else have the headaches???
Unread 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM

Genevieve,

I agree, that 6 weeks recovery story is a bunch of crap.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register