Six months out - any help? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six months out - any help? Six months out - any help?

Unread 12-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Six months out - any help?

yair, npwriter, i'm sure that there would be lots who would try other alternatives before succumbing to a hyster, if they knew the truth about the recovery rates. i did research it all, and was aware (i'd been on some forums for a start, and read lots of posts ! ! !) was not keen, and tried alternatives for 18 months, but, in the end, the fibroids won the battle, and i had no choice. but, i still wish that "they" would be more truthful about it, and not make you feel like a failure when you're not better by the 6 week benchmark. and, another thing that has annoyed me, is all the girls i know who've had it done, were all pushing for me to get mine out, and raving about how fabulous they felt afterwards, and glad it was done etc............then, after i've succumbed, and gone through it..........then they tell you that it took longer to heal etc. what is that all about???? but, most people out there, who've not gone through it, assume that you're a whinger if you've got problems still happening.

and, angelnine, the only time i have hair loss is with thyroid probs? thyroid can go out, when other hormones are out of whack as well? also, whose taken a fluoroquinolone antibiotic, it interacts with thyroid, depletes the stores etc???

now what we all need, is a magic wand? anybody got a spare fairy they're not needing??? maybe we should have a look on ebay, they've got everything else there....lol.......hmmmm......gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveforhorses
Yes, I also tried to not take anything in the way of hormones. The pain just kept getting worse and spreading. It has helped a bit, but I still have pain in areas I had no pain before along with a lot of stomach upset. I don't know what to do. I am very frustrated and am beginning to wish I had not had the surgery, even though that doesn't do any good either. It's not like I can undo what has been done. My surgery was in May.
My surgery was in May as well and have the same issues. Around Halloween I went to pick up a tote and all but fell to my knees. I have had pain ever since. My belly still hurts too, the dr said it's "probably" adhesions. So she's sending me to Physical Therapy+strength training. If that doesn't work I go back to the castle.
Unread 12-03-2007, 11:05 AM

hey blooming, i do hope you do not have to go back to the castle.....uuughh..... it seems strange that picking up a tote bag - i just had to look that up on the net.....wondered what the hell it was ! ! (we don't have halloween here in oz) ..aaaanyway, if there were adhesions coming on, you would expect it to be causing niggly problems, then build up to big problems??? or not??? i know nothing about adhesions and endo at all?? anyway, fingers crossed for you...gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 12:12 PM

Wow, I cannot beleive how many of us are exp. the exact same thing. I am 3 mos. out and feel like crap! My belly is always swollen, its tender, my feet ache, my hips ache, don't even talk to me about my back, I have never had this many aches and pains. I am NOT on HRT but I am going to call the Dr today and make an appt to have some blood work done, I want to have my hormonal levels checked as well as my thyroid. I feel like I am getting fatter and fatter too! What the heck is going on? I feel like crawling into a hole somewhere!
This really sucks!
Unread 12-03-2007, 01:40 PM

Adhensions is another word for the build up of scare tissue. According to my doctor you can limit the amount by massaging the area, but who here is going to do that after having your stomache cut from hip to hip? I try but it hurts me to touch it. After having my son (c-section) I had simular problems. I kept telling my doctor (no longer my Dr.) something was wrong and he proceeded to tell me I just wanted pain meds. Well, 5 years later I had my small intestine removed from my stomache lining. They sewed my intestine up when they were closing me, makes sense now why I only had a BM 3 times a month. I told this doctor what happened to me and told her I will not wait 5 years to find "the problem". She agreed. So, we'll try the training and see what happens.
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:50 PM

I am 10 months out. I have had pain in my lower left side. I have my right ovary left. I had this pain right after surgery for up to 3 months, now it is hurting again really strong. It feels as if I have strings holding me together.
Unread 12-04-2007, 10:56 AM

angeline,

WOW! I am losing my hair and going crazy. What else are we going to find out?
Unread 12-04-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabechar
angeline,

WOW! I am losing my hair and going crazy. What else are we going to find out?
Not sure if you are being serious about losing your hair. If so, are you on HRT med's? It could be that. You may want to talk to your dr and see if there is something else you could try or it could be something totally different. I do know stress can cause your body to do strange things. For example, when you cry it releases indorphins (sp?) that cause you to gain weight. When you don't eat (fuil the body) you tend to be sluggish and crabby, this is due to the fact that your body is stealing energy from other parts of the body to function, and so on.
So, if any of the above are visiting your life you may want to change a few things and/or call your dr.

I hope you feel better about things soon,

HUGS!
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:54 AM

Hi bllomingrose,

How long has it been since your surgery?

Stress is a big one, for all of us. I go to therapy to help me deal with stressful situations and other things. Losing hair is a direct result of menopause itself. Having this surgery has changed me completely. It is something that had to be done, but who knew the after effects. This should start to get better. Thanks for responding. It helps a lot to know there are other women out there who has had this surgery.
Unread 12-05-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabechar
Hi bllomingrose,

How long has it been since your surgery?

Stress is a big one, for all of us. I go to therapy to help me deal with stressful situations and other things. Losing hair is a direct result of menopause itself. Having this surgery has changed me completely. It is something that had to be done, but who knew the after effects. This should start to get better. Thanks for responding. It helps a lot to know there are other women out there who has had this surgery.
Dec, 15th will be my 7 month marker. I know what you mean about needed the surgery, and I also agree about it changing us in so many different ways. I kept my ovaries but I swear I have signs of menopause. I can be cold one minute and start sweating as if I were doing a hard workout and its been about 30 degrees around here lately. Ohn and I get the "smell" too. I can be soooo happy one minute and start crying the next, for no reason. I had some little known hairs on my chin before surgery but I swear I have to attack them everyday now. I don't know, maybe I am crazy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register