Six months out - any help? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Six months out - any help? Six months out - any help?

Thread Tools
  #41  
Unread 12-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Six months out - any help?

Hi bloomingrose,

No, you are not crazy. I feel that way also. I feel as if I am losing my memory too! I forget so easily. What a mess! I was so nervous before the surgery, but the actual surgery was nothing. It's after the surgery that's worse. Where do you live? I am in Staten Island, NY and work in the city.
I look in the mirror and I feel I lost me. Where is the person with the glowing skin, no hairs on her face, a smile on her face. There is more hair on my floor and in my sink than on my head. My bones are hurting and I have a pain on my left side that I have no idea what it is. Yes, I spoke with the dr. but of course, it doesn't have to do with the surgery. I read what everyone writes here and we all can't be crazy. Our symtoms are the same in one way or other. We should get together and write a book about the after effects of a hysterectomy. I wonder how the head of hystersisters feels.
I am 9 months tomorrow. It's good to share with someone who understands how I feel. When I mention it to people, they look at me like I have two heads. They just don't understand.
Well, it was good talking to you.
Keep writing and thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #42  
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Six months out - any help?

hey blooming rose..........i too am madly attacking hairs on my chin, well jawline actually, and i hate it. and, since the hyster, i am developing a moustache.....groan ! just what i need ! ! the dr gave a prescription for an enzyme that is supposed to stunt the growth, but you have to wax/pluck first, for the stuff to get into the follicle.........and i am reluctant to wax the mou, as i fear it will just grow back stronger/darker etc....... this enzyme only works while you use it too, so its a forever thing. groan.......and, its very expensive.....groan.........anyway, its called vaniqua......... if anyone else out there has any solutions, please let us know???? thanks, and hoping......gee.
  #43  
Unread 12-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Six months out - any help?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve07
hey blooming rose..........i too am madly attacking hairs on my chin, well jawline actually, and i hate it. and, since the hyster, i am developing a moustache.....groan ! just what i need ! ! the dr gave a prescription for an enzyme that is supposed to stunt the growth, but you have to wax/pluck first, for the stuff to get into the follicle.........and i am reluctant to wax the mou, as i fear it will just grow back stronger/darker etc....... this enzyme only works while you use it too, so its a forever thing. groan.......and, its very expensive.....groan.........anyway, its called vaniqua......... if anyone else out there has any solutions, please let us know???? thanks, and hoping......gee.
Whatever you do hun, DON'T WAX your face or you'll be doing it for the rest of your life. A friend of mine waxes and when she doesn't, you can tell. If you can take the time to pluck and then apply your treatment than do so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #44  
Unread 12-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Six months out - any help?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by NPWriter
I told the doctor this same thing yesterday at my 6-week follow-up...I also said "even the tops of my hands ache" - NONE of this was present before the surgery. No one in my family has it and I never even had a hint of pain like this before. He ordered bloodwork to check for Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis - great, there can't be some coincidence it starts for us all after we get our hysterectomies.
[FONT=Tahoma]I'm feeling the same - hips, lower back, knees and even tops of my feet hurt (did I leave anything out)?. Surgery was June 21 and at 6 mos out, when I get up it takes a while to straighten up. I almost can't finish going for a walk due to the back pain. The tops of my feet hurt so bad after I walk. I've gained weight the 20 pounds back that I lost before surgery (which I want to blame on the surgery and not controlling my portions). I'm not back in my heels yet. Thanks goodness for this website. I thought it was just me. I was thinking of getting tested for arthritis, but I almost don't want to know. I've heard people refer to how you feel after surgery as, the new normal. I think I just want my energy back and not to ache.

Still glad I had the surgery. . .just having a bad week. [/font]
  #45  
Unread 12-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Six months out - any help?

Update on me since I lasted posted---I couldnt take the pain all over my body anymore. I dont know if it was muscle or joint pain or both but I had such a hard time standing up and even lifting my arms. My surgery was in July and since the surgery I was on no HRT whatsover, just vitamins. Well I got tested for everything including arthritis. everything kept coming back negative. this past week I went back to my gyn surgeon and he prescribed a hormone patch. Today is my 5th night and I am already feeling so much better! I must have been running on empty with the estrogen and that was causing my aches and pains? Weird!
  #46  
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Six months out - any help?

That's great your feeling better! I FINALLY, went to see my physical therapist, who uses pilates to correct and strenghthen areas. I love her, she didn't just jump in on me and say,"oh this is whats wrong", we talk for about an hour about my history, my bodily functions, and finally what hurt and where. So, far I have to remember to sit straight to get my core muscles working again. My hips don't hurt anymore, but my back is on fire! but this is the first week. I am excited to see what else we try. She also told me to start doing my yoga again. She said its low impact, but extremely good for the core muscles, which serves our structure. I really hope all goes well. I still may have my doctor check my hormone levels, for those "other" issues. Good luck to you and if you celebrate the current holidays, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Update on me since I lasted posted---I couldnt take the pain all over my body anymore. I dont know if it was muscle or joint pain or both but I had such a hard time standing up and even lifting my arms. My surgery was in July and since the surgery I was on no HRT whatsover, just vitamins. Well I got tested for everything including arthritis. everything kept coming back negative. this past week I went back to my gyn surgeon and he prescribed a hormone patch. Today is my 5th night and I am already feeling so much better! I must have been running on empty with the estrogen and that was causing my aches and pains? Weird!
  #47  
Unread 12-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Six months out - any help?

Blooming Rose, I also have a script for physical therapy and havent started that yet. I think I'm going to do it as soon as Christmas is over (I celebrate Christmas Its good to hear that it is working for you. I am finally in better spirits. Praise God! Happy Holidays to you too. Let's stay in touch through this.
  #48  
Unread 12-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Six months out - any help?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Blooming Rose, I also have a script for physical therapy and havent started that yet. I think I'm going to do it as soon as Christmas is over (I celebrate Christmas Its good to hear that it is working for you. I am finally in better spirits. Praise God! Happy Holidays to you too. Let's stay in touch through this.
Sounds like a wonderful plan (staying in touch). I put you on my buddy list!
  #49  
Unread 01-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Six months out - any help?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

I cannot believe that it is almost one year since my surgery (March 6th) I have to say I am feeling better, a couple of odd feelings where I shouldn't have them, but all in all it's good.

I hope you are all doing well.
  #50  
Unread 01-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Six months out - any help?

and a happiest of new years to you to mybabechar, and to all the sisters. glad you are feeling better, but, i wish we didn't have to wait so ****ed long for this process ! ! thus far, i am having more problems, instead of less ! ! hmmm...... getting grumpy with this stuff.....hmmm........gee.
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
2 Replies, Last Reply 06-24-2010, Started By under30
2 Replies, Last Reply 06-07-2006, Started By collie
6 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

October 21,2020

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement