One Week Down - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One Week Down One Week Down

Unread 11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
one week down

If you think it could be infection maybe you should call and describe it to a nurse, they can advise you. On the other side of the situation I am very surprised that I have not had any bleeding or discharge! Just spotting the first day. I keep wondering if it is all bottled up in me. My drain did not produce anything after the first 2 days either. After putting up with torrents of bleeding it sure is funny that I am worried about not bleeding!

Iowa Woman
Total Adominal Hysterectomy 11-13-2007
with removal of fallopian tubes and ovaries
due to fibroids, chocolate cyst, endo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 08:31 AM
One Week Down

Wow, I can't believe you left the house. I have not stepped foot outside my front door. I walk a little bit around the 1st story of the house. I can't believe how much pain I'm in and how bad I feel.

I know the feeling you are talking about with over-doing it. I feel it but then think to myself I haven't done anything. Before surgery I was very active with playing racquetball, etc. This sitting/laying thing is killing me but i hurt so bad I don't know what else to do.

The hot and cold flashes are so weird too! Prior to surgery I am never hot. Live with a heater blowing at my feet year around.

I hope you get to feeling better.

I'm dreading my first car ride . .the one home from the hospital was one of the worst things I've done. Yuck.
Unread 11-20-2007, 08:43 AM
One Week Down

Hello Ladies,

One week out as well (surgery was on 11-13) and feeling pretty good!! The hot flashes are really irking me though! I have a small amount of discharge and wear a pad only when I over do it. I am looking forward to this Thanksgiving because my family will be cooking for me. I am so looking forward to seeing this thing take place hehehehe My husband and children can barely cook breakfast without constantly asking me questions. HAHAHAHA But, for once I am not going to step in, I am going to enjoy this down time. Best of luck to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 11:11 AM
One Week Down

Michelle - how are you doing? I've been thinking about you. I'm wondering if you've contacted your surgeon and what you found out.
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:20 AM
One Week Down

I was just sitting here trying to figure out how to get to my thread I'd started. I was going to thank everyone for telling me to talk to my surgeon. Thank GOD I did. I ended up back in her office yesterday. I have vaginal cuff cellulitis and a UTI infection. They put me on oral antibiotics beginning last night . . . if my fever doesn't break by Friday I am to go to the ER for IV antibiotics. As soon as she looked at me she said "something is not right" . . . I was miserable. Had a really rough night with pain but feeling a little better today.

How are you doing after your surgery??
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:30 AM
One Week Down

I am in Missouri also. Where in Missouri are you? I'm in Springfield.
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:35 AM
One Week Down

Thank GOD is right! I'm so glad you figured out what was wrong and are on your way to feeling better. It must be a relief to you. I hope the oral antibiodics work for you and you are able to enjoy your Thanksgiving!

I'm doing really well. The biggest struggle I've had this week is with my bowels. I was constipated over the weekend, and while things are 'moving' now, I still get terrible stabbing gas pains everytime I need to go. I don't know how to fix this?
Otherwise, doing pretty well. I've even cut way back on the pain meds.
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
One Week Down

What a coincidence! I live in Blue Springs, MO.
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
One Week Down

That's great on your progress. My dr. has me on 2 tbsp of milk of magnes. every day for my bowels. It seems to really help, I've even had to take it down to every other day. I do get those sharp gas pains too. I just can't wait to feel better. I'm tired of feeling like I'm in labor (have had front and back labor pains for over a week now) . .come on Friday.

I'm stuck at home for Thanksgiving because of my infections but I am looking forward to the plate my husband will bring home for me. I just hope I can eat it. I've struggled with the eating part too but it should improve as the pain subsides. I still religiously take my tylenol every 4 hours and motrin every 8 . . .I wish I could take the hard core stuff but it sent my head spinning.

My sister lives in KC, real close to Liberty. Use to live in Shawnee.

Our weather is turning sour down here . .was actually beautiful yesterday when I got out to go to the doctor.

I'm hoping to feel like a new women by next week.

If I don't talk to you again before tomorrow, I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving!
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:57 AM
One Week Down

I've been doing the fiber cereal and drinking lots of water and still taking stool softeners. But I've seen a lot of posts about milk of magnesia, maybe I'll give that a try.

Bummer about Thanksgiving. I'll be going to my moms and sitting around while everyone else does the work. It might sound nice, but I think it will drive me crazy. I'm not one that likes to just sit there. But I don't want to overdo it either. I hope you get to enjoy your plate of food!

Funny your sister lives closeby, because my brother is living in Springfield right now. He was going to school there but isn't going anymore, so we're hoping he finds his way back here soon.

I hope you feel like a new woman soon too!! Take care.

By the way - my name is Michelle too! =)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register