venting: very bad day - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

venting: very bad day venting: very bad day

Unread 11-22-2007, 10:44 AM
venting: very bad day

my hubby just had another idea, although it probably can't happen until monday. try to have your doctors talk to each other to try to figure out what is going on. you should not have to be the one who tries to figure this out alone. that is what the doctors are for! good luck, goosey and gander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2007, 11:40 AM

I am more comfortable now that i have some pain controll.Thank you for the suggestions.My ob/gyn told me that she would talk to the other doc.my ob/gyn told me that she was very sorry that she did not see me.She really thought that if I was going to have a reaction it would have been sooner than 3weeks. I will hear from her on monday and she will tell me what she want's me to do as in taking any of the meds.right now she is thinking that we will start the estrogen first since that was the only med that I had never been on.hopefully we get to the bottom of this.If I have any other problems I will go to the ER but the same doc that I delt with on monday is also on call today,tommrow and tommrow night so I am praying that I don't need to go as I don't really want to see him ever again.I have allready asked my ob/gyn to put it in my file that that dr is not to treat me for any of my GYN issues without contacting her first.She said that wouldnt be a problem as she would make is clear to him that he is not a GYN and he does not know my history and he can't change what she is allready doing for me.I just got off the phone with my GYN(i started crying because she is so sweet!)she was getting ready to go to her thanksgiving dinner and wanted to make sure I was ok.she gave me her cell phone and told me to call if I have any questions!(how awsome is that!?)So I feel better knowing that I have that option.Thanks for thinking of me and tell Gander he is a great guy for caring about me!now if I could just get the dogs to understand that going for a walk in the snow is out of the question todayLOL.check back in later,
Unread 11-22-2007, 02:32 PM

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and that you have pain relief. I know how it feels to have doctors, well, doubt your perception of pain, and it's no fun at all.

Get plenty of rest and take care. That's your job right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2007, 02:35 PM

littlebrat, we are so glad to hear that things are under control. your ob/gyn sounds AWESOME! how lucky you are. we hope you have a good weekend without too much discomfort.

HONK!
goosey and gander
Unread 11-22-2007, 04:29 PM

littlebrat
So glad to hear things are looking up for you. They only had one way to go, it seems.
The NERVE of that doctor!!!

Praise the Lord there are still some sweet ones, too!
Now THERE'S something to be thankful for...

Take care!

Unread 11-22-2007, 05:09 PM

littlebrat: I was on demerol pills for pain too. I started getting some weird side effects, so I wanted to share w/you in case you get them.
My muscles started jerking involuntarily
I started hearing noises that weren't there
constipation was awfulllll
Take the pain meds if you need to, but I couldn't wait to get off them from the side effects. My aunt just had hand surgery, and started taking ibuprofen (only) by the 2nd day. She couldn't stand the side effects of the narcotics. I can't take ibuprofen, and you may be taking it already, but I started feeling a little better when I got off the demerol. You are a very lucky lady to have such a sweet, understanding doctor. Keep that one! Happy Thanksgiving.
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:27 PM

Right now I am only experinceing the bad constiaption from the demerol.I have been able to do well without it untill late afternoon and then i need to take one.I am starting to have some pretty bad back and shoulder pain (not sure what that is from)and I have a headache.I am starting to feel a little better though.Thanks for the heads up on the side effects of demerol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register