Bowel movements after hyst? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel movements after hyst? Bowel movements after hyst?

Unread 12-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Bm Problems Still After 4 Weeks

It Is Called A Rectocle Or Something Any Body Ever Heard Of This....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Bowel movements after hyst?

iampumpkin ((big hugs to you)) I think I would do as your mother has suggested and get a 2nd opinion it might be worth your while?
Until then though I do hope you arent in too much pain, let us know how you get on!

As for my BM's they are all back to normal thankfully all I have to remember now is that I have had major surgery and NOT to try to lift up my DD (who is only 3yo) its very tempting as I feel 100% now BUT I know if I go ahead and lift her I'll pay for it big time
Unread 12-05-2007, 06:48 PM

Thanks For The Hugs..i Am Going To Get A 2nd Opinion I Not In Pain Just Uncomfortable...and No Lifting Your Daughter I Know How Ya Feel I Feel Great But Still Cant Do Anything It Is Driving Me Crazy Cause It Is Very Easy To Forget When You Feel Fine....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Your welcome
Let us know how your 2nd opinion goes! ... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it can be fixed more easily
Lol yes it is very easy to forget when you feel fine .... Im however looking forward to next week, Im allowed to then drive around locally (woohoo) haha .... I feel like a teenager with restrictions again
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:45 PM

My TAH was on the 26th of November and 4 days out I started eating 1/4 cup of All Bran Buds in my yogurt every morning and every morning I now have a bm. I'm also taking one stool softner at night. The combination works great!!!
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:48 PM

Yes I Know What Ya Mean I Was Aloud To Drive Today For The First Time In 4 Weeks...and Thanks Lincolnlady I Do Go Ever Day I Take Stool Softners It Is Just Still Very Sore When I Go ....
Unread 12-06-2007, 07:46 AM

I had the same issue Tilly.kitten. I tend to be a little on the IBS side without constipation. I did have to take a stool softner 1 day (on day 4 after surgery because I had not had a movement--) but since then I have not. Trying to really go easy on my diet--craved chicken n' dumplings --kudos to my angel MIL --eating very bland and craving starchy foods. My doctor warned me to stay away from anything spicy or gassy for a while. I had to actually take an Immodium a few days ago--i think the ibuprofen was getting me- so I've switched off to Tylenol. Had a great day yesterday! Also trying to watch my portion sizes. Maybe I'll lose weight!!
Unread 12-06-2007, 08:18 AM

It took me 5 days to have a BM. I have been taken a stool softner twice a day and drinking lots of water. I am still having quite a bit of gas. I did take a dose of miralax and that helped a lot.

Good Luck!!!!
Unread 12-06-2007, 09:30 AM

My first few after surgery were a nightmare. I had to go but I was so blocked I had to use stool softeners, laxitives, and lubracant (sp?). Ok sounds really bad, but I had to lub it up down there just to help it out. So whatever you do, make sure you eat foods that will help you go. Stay away from tough meats like steak. It can take up to a week for your body to digest it.
Unread 12-07-2007, 10:59 PM

Sisternumber3-

I have IBS, too, which is part of why I just did grapes, prunes, etc. and no meds.
For me the softeners, etc. tend to have a "backlash" afterwards which could have left me plugged up again whenever I stopped them.
There was a REAL positive change when I quit the prescription pain medications.

tw

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register