I love my husband but... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I love my husband but... I love my husband but...

Unread 11-21-2007, 08:03 AM
I love my husband but...

I am convinced he waited until after my 6 weeks before he ordered firewood. Now we have 2 cords of wood being delivered and it'll be dumped in the middle of the driveway and must be stacked off to the side.

I KNOW he'll want me to help. Arghhhhhhh!

I feel swelly belly and pelvic pain already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 08:13 AM
I love my husband but...

Hire the neighborhood kids to stack it after school the day it arrives

so it may not be prefect but it will be done and you will not have to do any lifting, bending etc
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:36 AM
I love my husband but...

You certainly can help him with the wood. Just pick up one piece of wood at a time. Keep chit chatting with him the whole time. That will teach him. LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 08:44 AM
I love my husband but...

(((Luv2Knit)))
Tell dh the truth- you have been healing and are still healing. The incisions are healed but the tender tissue around them will take some time. You need to begin slowly working back into regular activities. You haven't been doing this kind of physical labor and it will wipe you out and make you hurt.

If you help, it needs to be on a very limited basis. Listen to your body, just like before and when you are tired or begin to feel pain you need to stop immediately. Don't push through it or you'll be sorry. I honestly question the wisdom of you helping at all. Bending and lifting is going to be hard. You'll need to move slowly and carefully IMO.

I'm sorry you're facing this. It's hard when things really do need to be done. I agree with the idea of hiring some kids to help. Tomorrow is a holiday, you don't want to be miserable and I'm afraid you will be if you do this. Let us know how it goes.
's, Rita
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:47 AM
I love my husband but...

i agree with thediamondlady...hire some kids to stack it for you. if you dont feel up to it, you should listen to your body and not do it.
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I love my husband but...

Luv2knit,

2 cords of wood!!!????? He must be kidding.... That is a tremendous amount of bending, lifting and walking to say the least. You're at your 6 wk mark? Does he understand that just because you may look like your "back to normal" that you had major internal surgery???? Maybe you should go online and show him just what a hysterectomy "really" entails! Maybe then he would think twice about that wood. I agree, hire some of the neighborhood kids to help stack it (a little christmas money) and maybe supply some "thank you " treats for them after they are done. You'd be surprised just how many kids or seniors are looking to make a little extra cash during the holidays! I hope that he rethinks his idea.... You need to follow your doctors orders and get you back into shape. I hope that all will go well for you.

Bobbie in Idaho
TVH, anterior repairs w/TOT bladder sling
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
I love my husband but...

Tell him you'll be glad to help, by supervising the stacking process!

Seriously, as the other (((sisters))) have said, it's too soon for you to do anything so strenuous. And it isn't even so much the lifting as the stretching, bending, and reaching that are real activities.

I wholeheartedly agree with the suggestion to hire some neighborhood kids (or call your church's youth group and see if they need a fundraising activity) for the task. Of course, it's possible that your husband will surprise you and already have help lined up. I'll hope for that, too.
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I love my husband but...

Honestly, he's not an ogre. I think he was so concerned at getting me better than he never thought to order the wood until now. I know it wasn't on purpose.

I haven't had to lift a finger during my recovery. He's been awesome.

I'm sure he won't expect me to do much. I just jumped to conclusions this morning. He's a nice guy, really.

Thanks, ladies. I'm not going to jeopardize my recovery. Besides, it's cold out there and I'm so comfy in here.

Thanks!
Unread 11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I love my husband but...

Good to hear you've come to your senses. On a side note... I tore my internal stitches bending to put on a sock at the 5 week mark, I can't imagine stacking wood!!! Take it easy so you will actually enjoy the Christmas season, having your internal incision coderized is no walk in the park believe me and also set me way back! I'm 3 years post op this January so take it from someone whos really on the other side! relax and enjoy this down time cause it won't last forever!
hugs
Heather
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I love my husband but...

Luv2Knit,
IF he actually does expect you to help, then just remind him that you could damage some stitches which would mean even MORE waiting for intimacy... that would have most men making sure their woman is laying in bed with a cup of hot chocolate before he goes out to stack the firewood!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register