Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Unread 11-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Good Evening Ladies. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. It was a long lonely day here. My family went to join the extended family elsewhere for the day. Besides dr. appts I still have not left the house.

I am trying so hard to avoid going to the ER this weekend. I've been able to keep my fever around 100-100.5 with 800 mg motrin and tylenol.

I did have the best night as far as pain last night. Just had a brief period of 30 minutes with really sharp pains in my right side. Outside of that it was the normal pains of my every day.

I can't wait to feel some improvment. My poor hubby is so stressed out. He has been great but I can tell it is already wearing on him. He definitley had no idea how much I did around here.

Hoping tonight is better than last and that tomorrow is better than today.

Reading everyone's posts and the articles on here are so helpful. I don't feel so alone.

If traveling home after Thanksgiving, please be safe.

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

i'm so sorry you are having problems
i hope you see a big improvement over the weekend.
Unread 11-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Good Evening!

I am feeling much better, thank you.

I am still on strong antibiotics but I have avoided the ER thus far. YEAH!! I can't wait till I feel like some of the other women who had surgery around mine. I'm still battling a slight fever, pain and insomnia.

Counting the hours and sometimes the minutes until I can be back to "normal".

I can't wait till I can leave the house. I've been here for 2 weeks tomorrow outside of my hospital stay and going to the dr at 1 week.

Any advice on insomnia???

I hope everyone has a restful evening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Hi Michelle....so sorry you are going thru all of this...glad to hear you are starting to feel better...hope this is the end of your troubles and that you can be on your way to healing and feeling yourself again soon!....
Unread 11-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Hi Michelle, I'm happy to hear that you're on your way to feeling better! I saw my doctor on Friday and he thinks the top of my vagina is starting to close and the drainage is less. I still have a small yellowish bloody discharge. The main things he found out from the tests are that the fluid is not coming from my bladder and I have a sluggish bowel. So far I've been moving my bowels every day so I'm not so worried about it. At this stage, just over 2 weeks I have a poor appetite, some nausea and insomnia. I have most trouble falling asleep...once I'm there I seem to sleep through.
Yesterday I woke up feeling wet all around me...nice..a night sweat! I still have my ovaries so the Doctor thinks they just have not "woke up" yet. I'm sure we'll feel much better as Christmas gets closer! Take good care and all should work out well.
Jo
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

JMary -

We seem to be progressing about the same rate. My fever finally broke today so I'm feeling much better. I've had headaches daily and I'm not sure what is causing that but the surgery/infection pain is much better. I'm at two weeks today but it seems so much longer. I have the same drainage. Mine seems to be a little less but now I'm bleeding with it on top of the other discharge. I check in with my surgeon tomorrow.

I have terrible insomnia. My mother-in-law gave me a business card today for some dr who treats insomnia through acupuncture. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I'm looking forward to having some energy back. Right now a shower is about all I can handle throughout the day. Just wish I could nap.

I hope every day brings you closer to feeling better also. Have a good night.

Michelle
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:53 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

I'm glad to hear you're feeling betteer Michelle. I will get the odd headache but it seems to be near the end of the day when I'm tired. I hope you can ask your surgeon if he left the top of your vagina open....that is what my doc did and if we had similar discharge then I'd feel better.
My discharge is now more yellow than anything with blood in it.
I have trouble falling asleep and started taking a relaxant which has been doing the trick. About acupuncture...I've had treatments for nerve pain in my right arm and it gave me temporary relief.
Sounds like you're on the way to the ultimate goal...feeling better than we ever have and enjoying life! Good to hear from you...please let me know how you make out at the doctor.
Jo
TAH, 2 large fibroids, menorrhagia, dysmenorrhia.
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

You know, I'm a really good Googler, and I really can't find any symptoms of what vaginal cuff cellulitis causes...I've found tons of literature talking about how prevalent it is after a hysterectomy but nothing which says what you'd experience having it.

I'm having inside pain - had a silver nitrate treatment on the 19th of November for a stitch on my vaginal cuff that wasn't healing up and it seems the burning is now on a different side than the treatment was. Also having a thin Bavarian creme-coloured discharge once in a while - like if I have a bowel movement (not much at all...just shows up on the toilet tissue...doesn't smell)...and I have no fever at all. The nurse (and I've called a couple times since) keeps telling me this is all normal...but it hurts and a little more info on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

JMary -

Good Morning! I hope that you are feeling better as you read this entry.

As far as my discharge - it is the consistency of water (yellowish). I started bleeding last Wed (week ago). I talked to my dr. this morning and she said that is normal at this point.

What relaxant are you taking to help you sleep? I have been taking ambien at night. It helps me get 5-6 hours of sleep but still no help in the napping department. I'd be interested to know what relaxant you are taking.

As far as headaches . . I've had them for a week now. The pain is boarding migraine headache. I've tried taking excedrin migraine. This morning my dr. informed me that it was probably because I was dehydrated. On that note, make sure you are drinking enough fluids. Hopefully it will help your headaches. I'm gonna try and focus on my headaches today. Fluids, fluids, fluids.

I am suppose to call my dr. back on Monday to see how my symptoms are going (unless the pain or discharge increase).

Have a good day!
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

NPWriter-

Good Morning! It is really hard to find information on vaginal cuff cellulitis. I've been there. Thankfully I have some friends who are nurses so they've helped me through plus my dr has been right on top of it too.

My fever finally broke on Monday of this week (two weeks of fever of 100 and above). I was on an antibiotic to try and kill the infection. I've been off my antibiotic for 24 hours now and so far so good.

I've had drainage the consistency and color of urine since Day 2 of surgery . . by the time I got to the dr at 1 week post surgery, I was diagnosed with the vaginal cuff cellulitis. My drainage had a very foul odor and I had a ton of it. I could feel it seeping from my body (like I was going to the bathroom).

I started bleeding on top of the drainage last week but my dr informs me that that is normal unless it is menstrual cycle like. I go through 3 overnight pads a day generally between the drainage and bleeding.

Along with the discharge, smell, fever . . . I also had very intense pain in both sides (where my ovaries are). I had many many nights that I didn't want to live through the night the pain was so bad. I am VERY glad to say that that pain is over and I'm not wishing away my life.

I am still having alot of discharge but the odor is gone, the pain is there but not so intense that I can't handle it, my energy level is almost non-existant but I'm alive. I know now that I'm on my way to recovery. My dr checks in every other day to check the progress due to the infection. My fingers are crossed that it doesn't flare up again since the antibiotics are gone.

I hope that you are finding some relief with your pain and worries. If you have any questions or need anything at all . . . just let me know. I know how alone I felt when I was going through the worst of this.

Have a great day.

Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register