Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Unread 11-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Hi Michelle, good to hear from you. I am taking Lorazepam to help me relax and fall asleep...it seems to work well as I don't even get up to use the washroom...which was always the case before surgery. My discharge is yellow with pink tinge to it and is only a small amount now. I have more pain on the right side than the left and must have overdone it yesterday as I'm really sore today. Still no appetite but I eat as I know I have to. The nausea is worse today for some reason. Drinking....yes...very important...at least 10 glasses a day and it does help. Hope things keep improving for you and it's good to hear how others are doing. Rest, drink water and short walks....on the way to getting better.
Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Good morning.

Is that Lorazepam over the counter? I'd like to try it.

My pain is worse on my right side too. That must be where most of the stitches are.

I haven't had any nausea since I quit the pain meds on day 4. I know how miserable that is so I hope that passes for you.

I did the same thing yesterday. I could really tell. It is hard for me to look at "over-doing" it . . . I don't feel like I do anything. I never sit down and now that is all I do is sit, lay, sit, lay. I can't wait to get back to the gym but as of now a shower feels like I've put in a 12 hour day at the office. LOL

I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing. It really helps me.

Have a fantabulous day!

Michelle
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:59 PM
How long does the pain and swelling last w/a vaginal cuff?

Hi Ladies,

I too have a vaginal cuff due to cervical cancer. Now, I am having issues with getting comfortable because I feel like I have something solid inside me like a 4x4. It is just that uncomfortable. I am taking my ibuprofin 800mg and that does help take the edge off. I cannot get comfortable sitting, laying down, etc. Nothing seems to work. I just feel blah.

As for sleeping...no. I have insomnia. Any idea's for that? My dr will not give me Ambien or any other sleeping aid. UGH!

The swelling I am experiencing now is pretty severe. I am using ice packs then heat, but that really isn't working too well for me. I was told that it just takes time to get over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Good afternoon Roseptl!

I'm sorry to hear about your cervical cancer. Do you have vaginal cuff cellulitis (infection in the vaginal cuff)??

I completely understand on the "can't get comfortable" and you said it best with you feel like something solid is inside of you.

I started feeling a lil better after about 48 hours after I started the antibiotic. Are you on one??

I have had insomnia for years, even with Ambien. I had someone tell me today that Lorazepam works for them. You might try it. It's a relaxant.

I haven't used ice packs but I use a heating pad. To me the heat seems to numb the pain.

I talk to my surgeon about every other day and so far we are holding off on more tests till next week. My fingers are crossed.

My boss came by at lunch today and he told me my voice even sounded like I felt better.

I hope that with each day you are feeling better also.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. I know it helps me to hear how others are doing.
Unread 11-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

I had my surgery in July, still have ovaries. I am over the pain but I am still having this urine like discharge. I have been back to the doctor for this three times he takes cultures and the cultures come back fine, he tells me to give it another week and if it doesn't clear up to come back again. I have been told this three times. Maybe I shoud switch doctors? What do you think?
Unread 11-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Barbrell -

Oh wow . . that is not good. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I would be concerned about the drainage since July. I just had mine on Nov 12th and I still have it but I can tell it is getting better.

I think I'd get another opinion if it was me.

I hope my drainage doesn't last that long.
Unread 11-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

I think I will get another opinion, because going back three times and getting told the same thing is more than I can handle. Hopefuly I can get some answers from my new gyn.
Thanks for you opinion
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Good luck! I can't imagine going through that. So far my dr has been great . . mind you I'm only two weeks out.

Again, good luck!!!
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Hi Michelle,

I am not taking any antibiotics. I was on IV antibiotics when I was in the hospital for my surgery (about 4 days total). So now my gyn says that she doesn't want to overdue it. I go back on Monday to see her. I am still very swollen, sore, tender, and feel like I have a 4x4 inside me.

My gyn refuses any sleep aids. She told me I will sleep when my body is tired enough. OMG is about all I can muster up right about now. She told me that Naproxen should help me sleep. It doesn't help me at all. So, now I am back taking Ibuprofin 800mg. That helps me the best.

I still need help getting up from a sitting position and laying in bed. My abdom. muscles are so very swollen that any movement just hurts. Walking up and down steps are ok. I can manage that with ease.

Any ideas? I appreciate anything you can toss my way.

Thanks so very much!
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Roseptl -

Good Evening! My surgery was done vaginally so I am not experiencing the incision pain in my abodomen.

Today is my first day off on antibiotics due to a cellulitis infection in my vaginal cuff and a good ole UTI infection. Fun, Fun. I'm just hoping the antibiotics got it all.

My Ambien prescription is from my general practice doctor. I've had insomnia for many years . . as long as I can remember. I'm considering biofeedback to help with my insomnia but I don't really know anything about it yet. The only other thing I've heard about as far as help sleeping is Lorazepam. I haven't taken it but I've heard it really works for some people on here. You might give it a try.

I keep a heating pad on my stomach alot during the day and evening. It seems to numb the pain.

I really don't know what advice to give as far as the incision pain you are having since I'm not experiencing that.

My latest issue is with passing blood clots . .it started this afternoon with heavy cramping before and after. I'm waiting it out tonight to see if it was just a one time deal. Have you had any problems with that???

I hope that tonight is better than last night and that tomorrow is better than today for you.

Have a good evening!

Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register