Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Unread 11-23-2007, 01:29 AM
Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

I was so afraid B4 I went in and now here I sit 7 days later and I feel great. My surgical strips itch something bad but otherwise I feel very good.Ive had #2 now 3 days in a row , Ive lost close to 14lbs, Im off the pain meds, and Im getting around pretty well [occasional dizzy spell when I overdo it ]... I wish I could give my recovery to everyone. oh yeah, whats with the strange dreams?? Ive been told they will go away. Anyone know how long that takes? I am so releived and I feel like its all to good to be true Am I right? Ive heard so many problems from others with just awful recoveries and ladies that are in terrigle pain for weeks. I hope my body is not playing a dirty trick on me. And trust me, I am taking it slow and getting lots of fluids. I learned my lesson the hard way. I feel bad for the ladies that had an awful time in the hospital. I feel guilty for having wonderful nurses and a great doctor. Has anyone had a good experience or am I the only one. I mean, yes there was pain after surgery and alittle at home B4 my 1st bm but over all this has been MUCH easier than ANY of my monthlys. Now those were T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. PLEASE, someone share a good recovery story with me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 02:22 AM

I think some ladies here are afraid to post about their good recoveries because it almost sounds like we are gloating about it. I know I had a wonderful recovery but I didn't post about it because I didn't want anyone to be mad at me.

Plus if you think about it, most posts are going to be about when something is going wrong or someone is miserable and looking for help.

Just my two cents.
Unread 11-23-2007, 04:34 AM

I agree with you Vuebird. I have had a wonderful recovery also. No pain. Sometimes I wait for "the other shoe to drop"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 04:48 AM

TamaraJo

I'm so glad your recovery is going well! Please be sure to rest as much as possible to continue your excellent progress.

As the others have indicated, the way to think of it is that ladies who don't have any problems quite simply don't post! Plus, this forum is really for support and we don't really need that support, as such, if we're doing well. I had a very smooth recovery and so didn't post on this forum, apart from to give support here and there. You'll get a more realistic picture of recoveries by checking out the Recovery Progress Report threads. There are hundreds and hundreds of posts on those ...

Wishing you all the best!

Unread 11-23-2007, 06:52 AM

i had a perfect recovery...no pain and no problems. i was up and around from the day i came home. i never spent any time in bed except to sleep. i am very grateful for my surgeon, the type of surgery i had, how much research i did before i made my decision, and my easy recovery.
Unread 11-23-2007, 06:58 AM

Overall, my recovery went well.

I agree that it's not easy to post here when we're feeling fine and others are still suffering. I would guess for every post dealing with complications there are more women not posting who are doing great.

I know I followed my doctor's directions to take it easy and just rest and walk. I'm convinced that helped a lot. I had pains and discomfort but overall I think my recovery has been pretty textbook.
Unread 11-23-2007, 07:00 AM

I have had a great recovery too. My DH has been so wonderful and caring. I suffered so many years, especially with lower back pain, all gone now! I don't have insurance and the costs of complications were a worry. I am sooo thankful this year!
Unread 11-23-2007, 08:11 AM

I've had a relatively smooth recovery. Seems like since I got my staples out on Tuesday, my recovery is speeding up. No more pain meds and I'm walking pretty normal. But then again I haven't tried to push my limits with anything either. My incision is still a little sore, but no other problems. I joined here yesterday and already learned that my symptoms are normal and I'm right on track with everything else.
Unread 11-23-2007, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraJo
I was so afraid B4 I went in and now here I sit 7 days later and I feel great. My surgical strips itch something bad but otherwise I feel very good.Ive had #2 now 3 days in a row , Ive lost close to 14lbs, Im off the pain meds, and Im getting around pretty well [occasional dizzy spell when I overdo it ]... I wish I could give my recovery to everyone. oh yeah, whats with the strange dreams?? Ive been told they will go away. Anyone know how long that takes? I am so releived and I feel like its all to good to be true Am I right? Ive heard so many problems from others with just awful recoveries and ladies that are in terrigle pain for weeks. I hope my body is not playing a dirty trick on me. And trust me, I am taking it slow and getting lots of fluids. I learned my lesson the hard way. I feel bad for the ladies that had an awful time in the hospital. I feel guilty for having wonderful nurses and a great doctor. Has anyone had a good experience or am I the only one. I mean, yes there was pain after surgery and alittle at home B4 my 1st bm but over all this has been MUCH easier than ANY of my monthlys. Now those were T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. PLEASE, someone share a good recovery story with me....
TamaraJo
My recovery is really going great I am aloud to drive Dr said I could at 6 days out. No swelly belly it went flat. I can tell if I over do it because I get sore and tired but no pain pills after day 1 at home. I moved just fine after that day. My steri strips came off at post -op and the little bitty incisions look great they do itch a bit but thats cause they are healing.As far as my hospital stay lets just say I am a rotten patient but then I always have been and morphine brings out the worst in me.The hospital itsself was ok some of the nurses were very sweet I had it with a couple and got on them but as I said Morphine and I do not mix. I am aloud to do what I want as long as I stick to my restrictions of no lifting heavy stuff and jumping around LOL. I am going to clean the house this week and I do mean clean it without a sweeper and mop that should be fun HEHE
Unread 11-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Good recovery - Can it last?

Hi Tamara - well I had my surgery on Monday and here it is Friday and I am wondering why I feel so great - even my son has noticed that I seem happy - don't know that I have lost any weight but would love to cuz well my waist started to expand quite nicely within the past few months - but really I feel kinda good - and like you wondering if this is a trick

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register