Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Unread 12-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Yep , if your not a patient person this surgery will teach you quickly how to SLOW DOWN, LLLLOOOLLLL...... Well ladies , my recovery is still going well. I am having trouble sleeping but its not due to pain. For some reason I just cant sleep and Ive been off th pain meds now for awhile so whats the deal, RIGHT!!! I am back to driving and walking is getting easier. Walking has never been painful I just get dizzy quick. That may be due to my UTI I have recently gotten, AARRGGHH!!!!! So , onward I go.. The kids are doing fine and are still helpful for if I want to nap or something... Im still proud of myself and Im still going strong. I even went BACK to court last week and WON Ill keep posting and let you all know how im doing.... Im so very glad I started this thread. Thanks for all the stories and input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 03:27 AM

As I mentioned before my recovery from a TAH has went well. I have been driving since day 12. For the first week I put a travel pillow between me and the seat belt. I wasn't supposed to drive until two weeks post op but I needed to go tell my family about my dx (they found cancer) and felt well enough to drive myself. I haven't had any probs since then.

I had surgery on Monday and by Saturday I was back to cooking. I was tired after cooking and didn't completely clean up the kitchen for the next week. My husband and son would do it.

It has been 4 weeks today adn I am still not carrying laundry up and down the stairs, vacuuming or closing the lift gate on my SUV. But I am doing everything else.

I have never napped since the day of my surgery. It just hasn't been necessary. I have slept a little longer than my previous 5 or 6 hours a night.

Think positive pre-op ladies. It can go very well.

CS
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylouhoo
Hi,
I just had mine Friday, it is now Sunday and no pain or compliants from me. Mine was done with the DiVinci robot so I think that made a huge difference.

Cindy Lou Hoo.
DiVinci robot??? how interesting - never heard of it - please tell me. It sounds amazing! xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Getting there

Physical recovery is excellent, no weight issues, complete hysterectomy and taking Extradiol 0.5mg for moods swings. Still get night sweats and Musky odor to my body is new. All in all I still feel like a "real woman" perhaps that's because I am free of pregnancy worries for life now. Keep up with Vitimins & Minerals, that's a biggy.

If someone can explain to me the changes in my body smell that would be nice (considering I have no ovaries or nothing)??
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SindyLooWho
Physical recovery is excellent, no weight issues, complete hysterectomy and taking Extradiol 0.5mg for moods swings. Still get night sweats and Musky odor to my body is new. All in all I still feel like a "real woman" perhaps that's because I am free of pregnancy worries for life now. Keep up with Vitimins & Minerals, that's a biggy.

If someone can explain to me the changes in my body smell that would be nice (considering I have no ovaries or nothing)??
must be hormone changes - they are responsible for SO much! I had everything out too. havent had a different smell (that I am aware of) but loads of other changes - headaches, a bit of hair loss etc. If its a nice smell, then great!
Unread 12-03-2007, 07:02 AM

TamaraJo, I love love love your attitude and energy!!
Unread 12-03-2007, 07:03 AM

driving - I've been chicken. I'll try to drive this week. I have 3 other drivers in my home, so I've been spoiled in that arena. Actually, having my kids drive has given me some time with them.

hormone changes ... it's lifelong.

Walking is great! I just have to watch it and not walk too hard/fast. I walked in the hospital and outside for a few min a couple of days after coming home. I've been moving my arms in a gentle way. I raised my arms overhead, just raised, not in a workout manner and I didn't feel anything.

Numbness ... patience is probably the only thing to help this. I think I'm a little less numb, but it's hard to tell. I'm tender to touch my belly button area.
Unread 12-03-2007, 07:17 AM

Returned home from hospital on Dec 1st after having TAH BSO on Nov 27th. All went well. and apart from post anasthesia retching (not nice)!, some allergies to my antibiotics, and bloating that would make the Pillsbury dough boy look like Twiggy, I feel blessed so far.Bowels and bladder appear to be in reasonable working order.
Thanks for all good wishes and prayers. Felina
Unread 12-03-2007, 07:59 AM

lovetowalk, my lower belly is still a little numb after 4 weeks.
Unread 12-03-2007, 11:46 AM

Hi! First time I have talked here!! I had a great hysterectomy. I was off the pain meds quick cause I know from previous surgs that I don't do well on them-just an advil here and there the first two weeks. I love taking it easy, but today I go back for the post-op ckup (6 weeks) and am afraid I will have to start lifting the laundry baskets again LOL!. My Dr and nurses were awesome! I wanted to be up and about so they let me walk (as close to walk as I could get!!) and they said that helped alot! Mr dr told me ahead of time that attitude plays a big part of recovery-so I tried to stay UP. My friends and family were cheery too.
I am looking forward to this new season of life and actually anticipating the no-period life-it was pretty bad there for the past THREE years. Now I can leave the house any time I want instead of having to wait the eight days of mess to end.

Looking forward to being able to run again. I need the exercise, what with the holidays here. My stomach has gone down (fibroids gone)-down a pants size, but no weight loss. Haven't been moody (kept ovaries) and actually have gotten quite a lot of work on the computer done. Good luck to all you pre-hysisters and keep your chin UP!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register