Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Unread 12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Just got back from a trip to the company medical department, I'm all clear to go back to work Wednesday night

Now I work Wednesday night, Thursday night, off Friday and Saturday, work Sunday night and then off for a week's vacation that had to be rescheduled because of the operation. Gotta love it!

(Well, they *did* say we were supposed to ease our way back into things, didn't they?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 03:42 PM

Congratulations Tamarajo! I too had a great surgery and recovery. I'm 5 weeks post-op with NO BLEEDING afterwards and limited pain. I was released by my doc at two weeks for everything except sex (until six weeks).

I've been hitting the gym every day and feel great, but like the other women on this thread, feel a bit guilty to share my good stories as there are sooooo many other women who are still in great pain.

It's good to hear your story! Best wishes!
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:15 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm still recovering well. I'm back to work part time. Have to get out of the house because I'm eating everything in sight. Pants are definitely tight .

Has anyone else noticed a very heavy feeling in their abdomen after standing for quite a while? Is that a sign of overdoing it or just a reminder that healing is still going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 04:27 PM

Absolutely!

I've had some minor complaints - but nothing in the past six weeks has been anywhere near as bad as a typical period pre op!

Besides some occasional boredom, a UTI and some minor discomfort on days that I overdid it, recovery has been very easy!!

Good Luck to you all!

Christine
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cag2007
Has anyone else noticed a very heavy feeling in their abdomen after standing for quite a while? Is that a sign of overdoing it or just a reminder that healing is still going on?
It's a little bit of both -- a nudge that "you're not fully healed yet" and another that "you're pushing yourself a bit, young lady, take it easy!"

The internal healing really takes months, long after the incision heals. No matter whether you have a bikini-line, a zipper, or your stitches are hiding inside, a hysterectomy is major surgery and it takes a while for your system to adjust internally.
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:28 PM

Mary, you made my day! I haven't been called a "young lady" in years Lucky their are no photos with the posts!
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraJo
I was so afraid B4 I went in and now here I sit 7 days later and I feel great. My surgical strips itch something bad but otherwise I feel very good.Ive had #2 now 3 days in a row , Ive lost close to 14lbs, Im off the pain meds, and Im getting around pretty well [occasional dizzy spell when I overdo it ]... I wish I could give my recovery to everyone. oh yeah, whats with the strange dreams?? Ive been told they will go away. Anyone know how long that takes? I am so releived and I feel like its all to good to be true Am I right? Ive heard so many problems from others with just awful recoveries and ladies that are in terrigle pain for weeks. I hope my body is not playing a dirty trick on me. And trust me, I am taking it slow and getting lots of fluids. I learned my lesson the hard way. I feel bad for the ladies that had an awful time in the hospital. I feel guilty for having wonderful nurses and a great doctor. Has anyone had a good experience or am I the only one. I mean, yes there was pain after surgery and alittle at home B4 my 1st bm but over all this has been MUCH easier than ANY of my monthlys. Now those were T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. PLEASE, someone share a good recovery story with me....
Hello ladies!
I am 8 days post op and I was feeling great until I decided to just take Motrin last night instead of pain meds. Big mistake! I woke up feeling lousy today,, I feel like I really hit a wall. i get my stiches out tomorrow and that will be my first time out of the house since surgery I have been laying around alot and taking my pain meds about twice daily so I thought I didn't need them anymore. WRONG!! I will take them before bed tonight and hope for a better day tomorrow! Sleep tight sisters!
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:44 PM

One of the things that really really helped me and I give a lot of credit to is homeopathic medicines (bought in a health food store).

I took Arnica 200C two or three times a day (to help with pain, swelling and that bruised, beat-up feeling) and Staphysagria 200C about the same amount to help the incision heal well. Plus occasional Hypericum 30C if the pain was more sharp/sticky/"nerve pain" rather than an Arnica pain.

My doctor had prescribed both Percocet and Motrin for pain (I could choose which one I took based on my needs), and I was able to use the prescription meds about half the rate they were originally prescribed for, sometimes less.

I'm a big believer in Arnica on general principles. Got it from my grandma, who was just as capable of walking into doors and stubbing her toes on chair legs as I am
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cag2007
Mary, you made my day! I haven't been called a "young lady" in years!
Thanks, girlfriend! It's funny, though -- people who know me from "around the campus" at work often underestimate my age quite a bit, with interesting results. Especially when someone says in the conversation, "I wouldn't remember that, it happened before I was born," and I casually say, "Oh? Gee, I was already running trains two years before that."
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:06 AM

Has anybody weighted lately? I did today and I am down 20lbs. my belly is still swollen so I feel like that maybe good for 5 more lbs. That was a sure mood lifter.
My staples were replaced with stur strips and it has been 10 days. How long before it falls off. The ends are curled but still stuck on the incision. Can't decide if my swelly belly is keeping them on or not, but don't have the nerve to pull at them. Any thoughts?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register