Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Unread 11-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

TamaraJo

So glad that all went well for you! I too have had a pretty good time healing, very little if no pain at all. My hospital stay was pretty uneventful but I had an outstanding nursing staff and an awesome surgeon. I don't feel guilty about posting how well I'm doing or how well I'm feeling, on the contrary, I feel blessed and very lucky that all went so good for me. I feel bad that some have not been as fortunate as we have but sometimes that's just how it works out. I have been following my doctor's orders to the tee and have had alot of help from my hubby and wonderful daughter(she's on leave from air force) so I consider myself one lucky duck! I am so thankful that this site was here to be able to get more informed and to be able to get some of the best adivce for pre and post op recovery from those who have gone before. So don't feel bad for feeling good and try to post and help those who are like we were before our visit's to the castle! Here's to continued healing, pampering, and looking forward instead of back! Best wishes to all the Hyster Sisters!!!

Bobbie In Idaho

TVH, anterior repairs w/ TOT bladder sling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 01:20 PM

I had mine on November 15th and so far so good...the only problems I have really had are some night sweats-which is "odd" considering they left my ovaries. But the pain hasn't been bad, having normal bm's. The Dr and Nursing staff at the hospital were great...No complaints....I do find myself taking some short little cat naps thru out the day, but that will pass....I think that is due to the fact that I do feel so good and sometimes tend to overdo it ..But I think overall I have had an easy time of it...wish everyone did....
Unread 11-23-2007, 01:33 PM

I think I have had a great recovery. I never felt the need to sleep extra after the day of surgery. I was up after 18 hours or so making laps in the hospital hallway. I continued walking a lot at home. I joke I am going to get new carpet out of this because Iam wearing mine out!

I had the Burch bladder repair. I was warned my bladder might not work right after the cath was removed - no problems. I have some discomfort every time I need to have a BM. It is a "right now" sort of moment and quickly goes away as the "movement" occurs.

I guess the other shoe did drop for me because on Day 8 my dr called and said that a rare cancer was found. But, you know what? I still feel good. I originally wasn't going to have this surgery but did and that is how they found the cancer. It makes most other things seem minor.

Enjoy your new "feeling good" and don't apologize for having a good recovery. Frankly, I think we need the "good" stories out here too because the others can be quite frightening.

CS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 01:41 PM

I am hoping those worried in pre-op look at the positive recovery stories we post to help them with their fears and make their upcoming surgeries a little easier to face
Unread 11-23-2007, 03:18 PM

This was a great place to come before my surgery six months ago in preparation. It gave me an idea of the recovery I should expect but when I was out of the hospital I was doing so well I couldn't understand why so many people had such awful and painful recoveries. I do know that all people are different in different situations but it was really very good for me. I was literally kicking up my heels the next day while walking my morphine drip up and down the hallways of the hospital. I felt like dancing. Don't get me wrong the incision hurt like an 8 inch cut from my belly button to my groin, but there was such a feeling a being better that the pain was minumal (or maybe that was the morhine? tee hee). People noticed I looked better even the day after surgery than I had been for years so for me it was exactly the life saving surgery that I needed. The brown mask has faded from my face and I've gained good weight, it is six months ago (oh today) and I reiterate that it was the best "terrible" thing that ever happened to me.
Unread 11-23-2007, 08:22 PM

Yes, my surgery got my cancer.
Unread 11-23-2007, 10:38 PM

I spoke to soon ladies. Nothing real bad happened but I never thought this would happen. I have a yeast infection. NOW HOW CAN I BAKE BREAD WITH NO OVEN!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!! I still have 5 days til I go in for a check up and Im going in with this What went wrong there? To many antibiotics B4 surgery... Well Im completely off the pain meds and sleeping much better which is soooooooo cool. I dont like thoughs pain meds,yuk!My belly feels great,well,good. My belly button is alittle sore from the scope and Im scared to death to let the surgery strip fall off. Its barely hanging on,lol,but Im still freaking. Its so great to hear of other good recoveries. I was feeling alittle like a traitor for being"OK". Im glad I started this thread. And ya know what, after all the worrying I did , I am now helping others. That feels great . I so glad you all responded to my thread. THANK YOU
Unread 11-23-2007, 11:00 PM

I think this thread was a great idea.The hostess is right, people just dont post when theyre doing well. I know when I was still pre-op it wouldve been nice to see a positive recovery story every now and again. I got so scared towards the end and I could find no comforting stories of afterwards except " Dont worry, itll get better". It is better. I feel great besides this stupid yeast infecton.ick and WHAT? I hope some pre-op ladies see this thread
Unread 11-24-2007, 05:19 AM

I had a good recovery. I had surgery at 3pm 11/7 and went home by 12pm the next day. When I got home took a short walk in front of house with the dog (little dachshound). Rested in bed, watched tv, got on computer, fixed easy meals for myself. 1 week and 2 days after sugery I got a migraine, have had them for years, and it lasted on and off for 5 days, but that is the only thing that was bad about my recovery.

Drove for the first time on 11/21. Go back to work 11/26. First post-op appt is 12/5. Guessing Dr. will tell me then if I can go back to bowling.

I am glad that you posted this as I was beginning to think that I was the only good recovery as well.

Everybody have a GREAT Christmas! Take time for yourself and relax.
Unread 11-24-2007, 05:55 AM

Hi TamaraJo,

You are not alone. I too have been wondering why I feel so normal....and waiting for something to happen! No problems in the hospital...haven't had pain meds since two days post-op...have been up, out and about and feel good. Do get tired here and there, but overall feel so much better than I imagined. Am trying to make myself take it easy cause I'm afraid since I do feel good I will overdo it. Go for my 2 wk check up this week....so I'll know more what I'm allowed to do then

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register