Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Unread 11-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

tamarajo, try calling your doc tomorrow and let him know you have a yeast infection. he can call in just one pill to take care of it and he can check you when you go in for your post op. please dont wait the 5 days..you should be uncomfortable for the next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 07:54 AM

Tamara - I have been home less than a week and I feel great. I hope it keeps up. I have very little pain, no stange dreams and only get a bit tired mid-day.
Unread 11-24-2007, 10:32 AM

Hey All,

I am doing pretty good other than the backaches. I was surprised about the recovery process!! My doctors and nurses were so great!! I am going to send the nurses a gift basket and my doctors office as well. They really took care of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 02:05 PM

Hi ya'll!

I would have to say I've had a textbook recovery, myself. The only extra discomfort I've ever had thus far has been "self-induced," meaning I overdid things and had to take it easier for a couple days.

I wanted to post how much better I feel - but then I see others suffering and not feeling well - and I don't want to sound like I'm gloating.

On Tuesday (11/27 - coincidentally my husband's birthday) I will be six weeks post-op and in the past week I have felt more "normal than ever! Feeling good and looking forward to being cleared for activity if you know what I mean.
Unread 11-24-2007, 04:21 PM

My first week was rough as I kept a catheter for seven days. After that, everything went smoothly. I have been walking as much as time permits. With in a few weeks, I was doing several miles daily. I walked about 6 miles yesterday.

My only recovery struggle is, I think, because of vaginal dryness. I take daily vitamins and that keeps my headaches and fogginess at bay. When I forget to take them, the headaches return.

This too shall pass. You'll feel better in another week.
Unread 11-24-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraJo
I was so afraid B4 I went in and now here I sit 7 days later and I feel great. My surgical strips itch something bad but otherwise I feel very good.Ive had #2 now 3 days in a row , Ive lost close to 14lbs, Im off the pain meds, and Im getting around pretty well [occasional dizzy spell when I overdo it ]... I wish I could give my recovery to everyone. oh yeah, whats with the strange dreams?? Ive been told they will go away. Anyone know how long that takes? I am so releived and I feel like its all to good to be true Am I right? Ive heard so many problems from others with just awful recoveries and ladies that are in terrigle pain for weeks. I hope my body is not playing a dirty trick on me. And trust me, I am taking it slow and getting lots of fluids. I learned my lesson the hard way. I feel bad for the ladies that had an awful time in the hospital. I feel guilty for having wonderful nurses and a great doctor. Has anyone had a good experience or am I the only one. I mean, yes there was pain after surgery and alittle at home B4 my 1st bm but over all this has been MUCH easier than ANY of my monthlys. Now those were T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. PLEASE, someone share a good recovery story with me....
My recovery from LAVH was better than I could have imaged. No pain in hospital and came home with meds but used little to none. I had pain but 800 mg of motrin did the trick. I did have a problem with gas--this was the worst of recovery but I'm over it. But now I've developed a painful rash around my naval area. Has anyone experienced this? 6 week check up Thursday but I'm going to give my doctor a call on Monday. First time posting also, we should share all our good experiences--but I too hesitated. Just remember don't over do it. Enjoy the rest.
Unread 11-24-2007, 09:59 PM

Funny,SBF, I have a rash around my belly button too. But I havent had the surgical tape fall off yet. It is so irratating, ARGH!! I am doing my laundry today for the first time since surgery. I kept saying that Ill do it today then another day would slip by.Today was my first day with no gas,no pressure, no pain,no twinges,nothing. Im starting to actually feel better than ever before. I cant wait to see my doctor on wednesday.... I hope he says all good things and I get the "GO" to resume as normal. Wish me luck!
Unread 11-25-2007, 11:07 AM

How are you treating the rash? I was using an antibiotic cream-not helping looks worse than before. Started using hydrocortisone cream-hope this works. I'm about to freak out. Monday is not coming soon enough. Remember not to lift up on heavy things. My husband has been wonderful during my recovery. He helped by placing the clothes near the washer/dryer; placing pots in the counter for cooking and other things that helped me from losing my mind. I'm a busy person--it's been hard to rest 85% of the day. Remember go slow and listen to your body. I hope everything goes well Wednesday-I'm saying a prayer.
Unread 11-25-2007, 12:40 PM

Something I've found to be helpful with rashes...in 'any' area is Calendula cream...you can find it in health food stores...it's all natural and works amazingly well! Good Luck!!
Unread 11-25-2007, 01:24 PM

Hi Tamara
I have been afraid to write about my recovery since it was so easy. I was sure it would sound like I was gloating. I went back to work within two weeks, even though I know I should have taken longer. I just felt so good, better than I had in so long. I lost weight, was no longer in pain, and really in good shape. I was so scared of the recovery, and it could not have gone smoother! I wish I could have given some of my recovery to some of these brave women who have had to suffer thru a difficult time. Lots of love to all of you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register