Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Unread 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

I love my Calendula cream - I bought it for my baby and I ended up swiping it from him! I second that one, Abigail!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 02:47 PM

I've had a great recovery too, I think it depends alot on your attitude and your family support. I had a perfect hospital situation beginning with a surgeon who has had a TAH herself. You get back what you put out there, positive attitude begets positive attitude. The nurses were wonderful people.
My DH, DD, DS, and parents and siblings even in laws have pampered me and continue to do so. I am following every doctors order including doing nothing for 6 to 8 wks. The house is getting old, but I am determined to do it right.
I have been pampering my skin during this time, I hope to look like I was at a spa, and have had some wrinkle improvements. It is nice to see the positive side on this site.
I look at this as being hopefully a one time experience, so what is 6 weeks out of a lifetime. Take care of yourself, heal, and we will be able to experience life without periods, cramps etc. I am planning a pad burning party when all this healing is done. DD said her friends would love to throw some in the fire too!
Unread 11-25-2007, 03:04 PM

Tamara, the only snafu I've had is that I got a slight rash under my belly (I gotta big belly!) on and around my incision. I've gotten these rashes from time and time for years. I called my Dr, and the nurse thought it was a yeast infection, so she told me NOT to put the neosporin on it like I was planning and called me in some generic lotrimin cream. It has cleared it right up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM

I'm another one who's had a great recovery. I'm now nearly 4 months along and really the only thing that reminds me that I had the TAH is my lovely scar from belly button to.... well... you know That's not to say I didn't have some bumps along the way, but they weren't directly related to the TAH and they were easily recovered from.
I had a great surgeon, great nurses and great support from my family and DH. My mum and dad came to stay with me and made sure I did absolutely nothing for 2 weeks.

Life is great - no pain, no worry. All I have to do is be fit and healthy and get on with the rest of my life. I started at the gym last week!
Unread 11-25-2007, 03:31 PM

I am having a great recovery too and must say I will take this post-op pain over the other pain I lived with for so long ANY DAY!!! Just as you when I came home the first few days were not fun but I expected that b/c I just had major surgery. I feel more tired on some days more than others so I just rest more on those days. Some days I hurt a little more so I will take a pain pill and rest more on those days. Crazy I know but it has been two weeks today and only if I NEED my pain meds do I take them. The not lifting anything over 2 lbs is sooo hard but my boys are really helping me with that.

So yes I am really lovin how great I am feeling and must say even my estrogen patch is working great so far. I was a little freaked about the whole hormone thing but so far so good!!! I'm still not eating a lot but hey the holidays are coming up and my amazing friends still have meals coming every other day so I am sure that will change I even decorated a little for Christmas today!

THANK YOU for sharing your great stories it is nice to hear how well others are doing!!!

TAH/BSO
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:09 PM

I think I am doing pretty good too. I had TAH on 11/20. I was supposed to have, oh I forget the abbreviation, a lap asst vag. Dr. had to switch during surgery. I was a little anxious about the abdominal recovery but, so far so good. I've read a lot of threads and I seem to be right on track with you guys. I am off pain meds for 3 days now and even took a little, very little, walk outside today. YAY!
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:28 PM

I think I am having an excellent recovery as well after listening to all of you. I have used very little pain meds, either. In the hospital, the nurses couldn't understand why I didn't need more and my family told them probably compared to the pain I was in on a daily basis this wasn't so bad and it wasn't. I am very active and taking it easy is hard. But I am making myself, because I don't want any problems.
Unread 11-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Today I am 3 weeks and 3 days post op and I am feeling really good. I think my recovery is going well also. I now only need motrin once per day and that is at the end of the day. After I have been up all day and doing lots. I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

My bm's just turned a corner in the last 2 days. That has been the worst of it for me. They were excruciating for the first week and then really painful for the second week and then just painful for the third week and now they are uncomfortable. The build up is worse then the exit. I hope that isn't grossing any one out.
Love, peace and good recovering to all!
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:45 AM

Another positive... If I couldn't see my incision I'd never know it was there. The incision isn't raised at all and it feels wonderful. I can't even find it by touch. To look at it it appears like a red pencil line. It's that thin! (Wish I could say the same for me.)

It's a horizontal 7".
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:35 PM

Yes, and I felt kind of...like survivor's guilt because some people just have awful complications. I had a TAH and went back to work in two weeks and backpacked the Grand Canyon 58 days after my surgery. I was sooo fortunate. I am a chubby 45, not Wonder Woman. I walked alot as soon as I could, but followed all the orders on driving and lifting to a T. This site has been wonderful, but it is hard to read about Princesses having complications, additional operations, etc. I have been teased since I was so fortunate to be able to do all this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register