Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!! Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Unread 11-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Is ANYONE having a good hysterectomy recovery?!!!

Hi ladies.... I just read over all the posts and I thought Id let you all know how Im coming along. I WILL NOT touch my taped by my belly button yet and Im just letting the soapy water run over it til I get to the docs. Im such a scaredy cat. I feel real good today and all my weight from surgery has melted off and more. I grow more and more excited about getting on with my life by the day. I still have the fear of something going wrong cuz everything is gong so right. But my 1st check-up is on wednesday and Im keeping my fingers crossed. I have been through so much since the surgey. One son got sick,strep throat. One had his asthma work up on him and his now recovering and another son of mine just got in a bicycle accident today Dont worry, everyones fine! Well, that just leaves 2 more boys to get through and we will all have been to the hospital in the past 2wks. But , I made it and Im doing fine and we are all on rest. I guess God has his ways of helping us all I will let you all know ** Im doing after my wednesday check-up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraJo
I was so afraid B4 I went in and now here I sit 7 days later and I feel great. My surgical strips itch something bad but otherwise I feel very good.Ive had #2 now 3 days in a row , Ive lost close to 14lbs, Im off the pain meds, and Im getting around pretty well [occasional dizzy spell when I overdo it ]... I wish I could give my recovery to everyone. oh yeah, whats with the strange dreams?? Ive been told they will go away. Anyone know how long that takes? I am so releived and I feel like its all to good to be true Am I right? Ive heard so many problems from others with just awful recoveries and ladies that are in terrigle pain for weeks. I hope my body is not playing a dirty trick on me. And trust me, I am taking it slow and getting lots of fluids. I learned my lesson the hard way. I feel bad for the ladies that had an awful time in the hospital. I feel guilty for having wonderful nurses and a great doctor. Has anyone had a good experience or am I the only one. I mean, yes there was pain after surgery and alittle at home B4 my 1st bm but over all this has been MUCH easier than ANY of my monthlys. Now those were T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. PLEASE, someone share a good recovery story with me....
I am six weeks post op and I feel great. I was out of hospital 2 days after the surgery, off pain meds after 2 days at home and havent had much discomfort at all. I was driving at 4 weeks and am doing most things now except lifting and vacuumimg stairs. I think a lot pf people have a bad time but there are a lucky few of us who dont. My trouble was that I have felt so much better than I did before the surgery that i tend to over do things and then get VERY tired. other than that - fine! xxx
Unread 11-27-2007, 07:16 PM

I had my surgery on the 19th of Nov. I spent 2 nights in the hospital and came home. Haven't taken a pain pill since the 22nd. Only take a couple of Advil now a day. I walk fine, feel fine and wondered if that was ok or if I was missing something. Thanks for asking the question, a forum needs to meet the needs of everyone, not just those in pain. It really helps me to know I'm not totally crazy post-oping so easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
weeks 4 - 6

My mom told me tonight that she talked with someone who told her that lots of healing happens at weeks 4 - 6.

Remember in the healing process that some folks heal quicker than others, but I wonder if the different types of hyst make a difference. I have no idea, but I wonder if the type of hyst and/or which parts are taken/left make a difference in how quickly one heals.

I have to think and review sometimes how far I've come. At first, just going poo-poo was exciting. Then I was able to get up without pain. Then I could walk further and further. I can sleep on my side now. I think some of my feeling is better, but still have lots of numbness. I was glad to realize that not all of my parts are numb.

My next goal is to drive again. I just don't feel like it. My body just doesn't want to twist, like to back up. My belly still likes a pillow under the seat belt. I have 3 drivers in my house which helps and gives me this gift of not driving yet.

I still want my sweats and jammies. It seems like everything will come, in time.

Wow-zee! Some parts still work. My DH just touched my leg tonight and I knew that some parts still have a hum! In this area, I would not come close to wanting anything to touch my belly region. I guess that will come.
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:31 PM

Other than some bladder problems (they are healing) I am having a wonderful recovery. I feel great at 4 weeks and am enjoying my time away from the stress of work. I still sleep a lot but that is what our bodies need after this surgery.

Glad you are doing so well. Just don't overdo it.
Unread 11-28-2007, 04:14 AM

hi i had my sub hysto on the 16th nove and like your self doing really well very little pain. the pain that i do seem to have is from the wind and some times b4 a bm other wise doing really well
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:56 PM

Hi everyone!!! I got back from my 2week check up today and I slept for once solid... I have been having sleepind problems bcuz I have worried about the fact that I feel good and I have been waiting for something to go wrong... Well, I DID IT.!!!! My doctor said I am doing great besides a slight UTI and he has givin me permission to go ahead and get back out my total gym on restrictions of no twisting and no lifting heavier than 25lbs. Im allowed to mop [ THANK GOD ] and I can drive as soon as Im ready [ Ive been getting alittle nausea while in cars}... When I got home I slept from exhaustion of nothing more than all the worrying Ive been doing since the day I found out I was having this surgery about a month ago. It has all gone by so fast and over with too.. Im still healing but the relief of my doc saying "Your doing GREAT" is what Ive been waiting for. I am so proud of myself for going through this and braving it by myself. Its 1am now and Ive been awake for about an hour and Im ready to go back to bed and get somemore of that healing sleep My five boys have been helpful but they are boys and they have gotten in just about as much trouble as myself the last 2weeks. 3 have now gotten sick and one is recovering from his bicycle accident. God works in mysterious ways. On one hand Ive had to learn just how strong I am, and on the other he has given me the means to proccupy myself . And now I can BREATH and recover withease on my mind. I did it ladies and Im so proud of myself
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:50 PM

Overall I've had a pretty good recovery. I did have some lingering nausea for about a wk post op and some tenderness but it's all gone at 2 wks. I still have some bruises but the discomfort is gone except for when I wear jeans and bend over which I don't do unless I need to (doc appts, errands, etc). The first few days were the worst but I've been off pain meds since 6 days post op. And the ones I was taking weren't all that strong.

I have lost a couple of pounds according to the home scale (though the scale at the appt today showed differently but it was the first time I'd been on that scale) but my problem also lies within thyroid disease. I hope to be able to start exercising more after the first of the year....sadly I just don't have the energy to right now.
Unread 11-29-2007, 08:36 AM

The last couple of days, I have woken up feeling like I've been taking pain pills (but haven't) or wrung out. I don't know how to really describe it. I said a few days ago and someone agreed, I feel the need for a full body stretch.

I'm walking and moving around. I'm doing very, extremely light arm movements with walking.

I'm going to the bank today to sign some paperwork and then out for lunch. I'm just wondering what to wear ... it may be one of those wonderful velour suits.
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM

LOVETOWALK!!!!!,,,,I rolled over on my stomach lastnight and SLOWLY stretched and it gave me MAJOR goosebumps. It felt sooooooo good. I have been stretching my tummy everyday for about a week just alittle bit at a time [Im such a scaredy cat ] and I just decide to do it last night since I got the thumbs up from the doc on my progress... Oh, the heavenly feeling. I almost fell asleep that way but I didnt dare knowing I would be stuck in the morning , haha!! Give the stretch a try. Dont push it. If it feels good do it again alittle more. If that feels good,Do IT AGAIN !!! Easy does it but if you can the feeling is heavenly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register