Abcess or Hematoma? Need help! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abcess or Hematoma? Need help! Abcess or Hematoma? Need help!

Unread 11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Abcess or Hematoma? Need help!

I'm glad I could help barbrell. Something good should come from this!

Apparently the CT (mine was with contrast) shows in detail everything so they can really see what is going on. It's not fun and I'm kind of sad I have to have another one, but it isn't the end of the worls either. Good Luck!! I hope they figure it out! Oh and BTW, I read of another woman on here who had an abscess diagnosed many months after her surgery so it can happen.

Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 01:38 PM

Good Luck to you as well. It's always good to have someone to talk to who can relate to what you are going through. I truly believe that your pain will get better real soon. Hang in there.
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Pain, pain, pain

Had a vaginal laproscopic full hysterectomy on Oct 30. Went back to work on Nov 16. Now, in intense pain in the tummy/back area and cannot be off of the percacet without wanting to scream. My doc did a ultrasound on Friday and showed fluid (hemotoma/abcess?). She put me on strong antibiotics and prescribed more percecet for the pain. Can't take the pain anymore and am going to call her again this morning. I don't want to sound like a whiner but I can't take this pain. I am wondering, can they suck that abcess out or relieve it somehow other than "waiting and seeing what happens?" I'm running out of leave time at work and this really concerns me. I want to go back to work but don't want to do anymore damage or do too much. I really don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 08:42 AM

Hi vb diamond -

My Dr said if I had an abcess that it would be drained. My CT showed fluid and an infection but he told me it hadn't balled up into an abcess yet. I also took the HEAVY antibiotics and my last CT on the 7th while not normal did show improvement. I feel much better. Can you ask your Dr to do a CT? I know it is more definitlive than an ultrasound. It was no fun drinking the barium and getting an iodine IV two weeks in a row, but I was GLAD to have an exact picture of what was going on and it helped my Dr make the best decision on how to treat me. Now unless my fever, pain and lethargy returns I am free until we repeat my CT one more time in 6 weeks to ensure all has resloved. From what I have read on here it does seem that my Dr is going way beyond what most have to treat my symptoms, but again I'm glad.

Good Luck!!

Starbgirl
Unread 12-12-2007, 11:20 AM

Yes, and abcess will be drained -- mine was. You're right in going back in and demanding attention now. I was told I had about 6 hours left on this earth had I not gone in when I did. My abcess required emergency surgery and it took another two weeks to recover from that as well. I'm 8 weeks post-op on the hsyter, and 6 weeks out on the drain, and although I have a viral head-cold, I'm feeling like strides have been made, and most importantly, the abdominal pain and bloating is GONE.

Keep us posted, please.
d.
Unread 12-12-2007, 12:06 PM

We know OUR bodies and when something is not right! We must demand our drs listen when we know we are not well.

I have a question for you all. I recently finished antibiotics for a bladder infection and had been experienceing the same pain you are describing. Now I have lump on my lower right side and it has been hurting since last Friday. I am so very tired more than I feel I should be. Called my dr yesterday they said it was just my internal stitches and inflamed tissue and to come in Thursday to have it check if I was still concerned about it. I think it is something more though. How would I know if it's an abscess???
Unread 12-12-2007, 12:16 PM

Lulu, are you doubling over from the pain? With mine, I was passing out every time I stood up. how big is the lump?
d.
Unread 12-12-2007, 02:05 PM

The pain is better today. It was pretty bad all weekend and yesterday.

Not doubling over but walking very slow until today and moving a little better.
Unread 12-12-2007, 02:07 PM

Oh yeah the lump is about the size of a meatball.
Unread 12-12-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
With mine, I was passing out every time I stood up.
Passing out as in feeling faint or passing out as in the pain was so bad you thought you might pass out? Not that it is any of my business, it just might help me understand my own situation better (if you don't mind). Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register