Pain after 1 year | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain after 1 year Pain after 1 year

Unread 11-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Pain after 1 year

I've had some strange problems since my TAH last year. Extra fluid in my abdomen, pain during sex, spotting. Everything always checks out normal with ultrasound, exams, etc. Anybody else having anything similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Pain after 1 year

Hi there,
I also had TAH in Sept 06 and had fluid until recently and still have pain
during sex (hardly have had since hurts and UTIs), no spotting. Mostly I've just had numerous UTIs and just posted a cry for help. Glad to hear everything checked out with your ultrasounds, etc. At my 9 month check up
my Gyn said it takes about a year to come back from a TAH (I had a benign
ovarian tumor) but I honestly don't remember her saying it took about a year before! Don't think I would have overlooked that comment.
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Pain after 1 year

sorry your still haveing pain and stuff one year out. i hoe the drs can help you soon.
hugs
lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Pain after 1 year

I Had Some Bleeding Today More Like Spotting. Have Not Had That For A Long Time Since Surgery. Lifted A 28 Pound Turkey Several Times On Thursday ( Could Be The Reason)... Also I Have A Bad Toothache, I Am A Mess Today.... Anyone Else Having Strange Things Happen To Them?????????
Unread 11-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Pain after 1 year

I'm almost 10 weeks post op, I had like a week that I was practically pain free, but now I'm experiencing some pain again especially in the left and right side of my waist and also in the area of my back.
It's very frustrating, because when you finally get some relief you automatically think that everything is OK and when you begin experiencing some of the pain again it can overwhelm you, like in my case.
Let's keep our head high, knowing that this will not be for ever, and let's thank God for all He has done for us!
Betty.

Unread 11-26-2007, 04:21 AM
Pain after 1 year

I Thanks God Every Day...i Just Have To Take It A Bit Easier....somethimes We Think We Can Do It All...our Bodies Remind Us That We Are Still Healing.....
Unread 11-26-2007, 04:23 AM
Pain after 1 year

I Thank God Every Day...i Just Have To Take It A Bit Easier....sometimes We Think We Can Do It All...our Bodies Remind Us That We Are Still Healing.....
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:30 PM
constant pain!!

I am having the same pain and I am 8 months post op for TAH/BSO. I am very frustrated and uncomfortable having to deal with this pain every day. Part of me thinks it is still part of the healing process and the other part thinks there are other things going on. The problem I find is there may not be just one thing happening, there are different types of pain...there is the sharp pain near where my right ovary used to be( may be scar tissue) other side is fine...then there is the dull ache that wakes me up at night that is usually right beneath the scar kind of a deep pain (feels like it is my bladder?) then there is this new crampy pain that is happening after sex...I finally called the doctor and they are starting off with some urine tests to rule out any kind of UTI or bladder infection then we will go from there. Any input from anyone else who has gone through this would be helpful.
And any advice about the bloating and swelling that never ends...my stomach is so swollen as the day goes on especially right before bed....would any dietary changes help??
Continued recovery to all.....let's all try to stay hopeful!!
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Pain after 1 year

Hi Hockeynut,
Posted above and had similar pains as you besides the UTIs that I was
having regularly which led to other problems. Point is, it really wasn't until
my 9 month checkup that I actually began to feel liking I was getting back
to normal. Swelly belly did finally go down, pulling near where ovarian
tumor removed along with ovary ceased, tenderness around vertical
abdominal scar ceased. I was becoming a happy camper, except for the
UTIs... I really was shocked when my Dr said it takes about a year to
recover from an TAH - like I posted above - I would have remembered that!
Best to all of you,
Janice
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Pain after 1 year

I'm sorry to hear anyone is going through the same frustration I am, but also relieved that I'm not alone. So I've had spotting and a weird upper abdominal pain for 4 days. My doctor says it could be gall bladder because of location, but that that should not cause bleeding, especially vaginally. Of course, they can't see me until Monday, which just gives me enough time to stew about everything. I've been to emergency 3 times in the last year for strange pains. Everything always checks out fine. I had intense sharp pain in my abdomen -- the drs thought it was gas! I had very low pelvic pain, dull, ultrasound was clear. Pain during sex, eveything checks out normal. Now this. Do you ever really recover? Are things still shifting around in there? I'm a fit, healthy person with a good diet and no smoking/drinking habits. I should feel good!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register