feeling really fat | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling really fat feeling really fat

Unread 11-24-2007, 08:49 AM
feeling really fat

i'm 4 weeks post -op i'm feelign really fat, has anyone else had this problem, i feel really bloated and and my stomach is just out there. i dont think its going to go away i can t fit into my clothes, has anyone else had this problem and please tell me my bloated belly will leave soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 12:28 PM
feeling really fat

i had "swelly belly" for almost a month after my TAH... it goes away eventually but i am now 7 weeks post-op & still feel a little swollen.
Unread 11-24-2007, 12:40 PM
feeling really fat

I am only 1 week post op and I look kinda pregnant - like 6 months pregnant. I think we have to remember that really there is a lot of work that was done and there is bound to be swelling for a long while. I am hoping once I get back to the gym it will help as well. I am also drinking alot of water and I think pills to stop retention will help. I have low blood pressure and because they were worried about it when I came out of surgery they pumped me full of saline - the day I left the hospital I was so swollen I could hardly see - my eyes had been swollen almost completely shut. So there is that as well. Good luck - call your dr - maybe some water retention pills could help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 12:47 PM
feeling really fat

I'm four weeks out, too and feel a bit pudgy. The kids' Halloween candy didn't help the situation any but lack of regular physical activity other than short walks is the culprit. It is a catch22: if you do more physically, you hurt and swell. If you don't, you plump up.

I'm going to stary walking at the gym's track this week. We'll see how it goes.
Unread 11-24-2007, 12:57 PM
feeling really fat

I know how you feel, it has only been 9 days since my TVH but I had recently within a year lost 80 lbs so I am really having a hard time with this. My clothes are not fitting, and my stomach looks awfu!! I don't mean to sound vain but I worked hard with crunches to keep my stomach down (no six pack) by no means but as flat as possible and this is depressing... Oh well maybe it will soon be over, I just want you to know that I definitely know where you are coming from...
Unread 11-24-2007, 01:15 PM
feeling really fat

my doctor said it can take up to a year for the swelling to go completely away. yuck.
Unread 11-24-2007, 10:05 PM
feeling really fat

Me too! I feel so bloated and have the worse gas. Halloween candy and a few Thanksgiving feasts didn't help one bit. My appetite isn't like before but I'm attributing that to the pain meds. I'm still on them as a matter of fact. Have cut them down, but not out completely.

Yikes - ONE YEAR? Holy cow.......
Unread 11-25-2007, 03:02 AM
feeling really fat

Hi Ladies!

I will be post op 5 weeks on Tuesday, a year they are joking!

I feel really fat!!! I am over weight by about 50lbs anyway, was bigger had been trying to diet before op. My clothes still dont fit either and am struggling hard to maintain. It is nice to know though that other people are having the same trouble, I am spending my life in lounge pants. This does worry be a little as mine was a VH so I dont even have the incision?

I am going to stay positive and maybe join a slimming club in the new year and take up some sort of exercise (maybe yoga?) to help me get life back on track. Am trying to walk more but still feel tightness, crampy etc especially where the vaginal cuff is.

Nice to chat

Heather - 40

TVH 23/10/07 - due to prolapse uterus/ heavy bleeding also
cystocele.
Unread 11-25-2007, 05:32 AM
feeling really fat

I'm actually here to ask the same question after TAH 4 1/2 weeks ago. I went out yesterday and squished myself into my jeans (which used to be loose). Boy do I regret doing that and I only lasted a hour. I only have one pair of elastic pants and don't want to buy any clothes. My belly also hurts to touch and I've noticed stretch marks. Its so discouraging since I had lost 50 lbs last year and was looking good. I have been pushing the limits on what I can do and I know I have to be patient but I want my life back. Also I feel like I have pms which is probably why I feel like this. I guess we have to learn to be patient. Take care, we are not alone!
Unread 11-25-2007, 07:08 AM
feeling really fat

I am glad I am not alone. My biggest fear is weight gain. I am already very much overweight and a diabetic. I was hoping to feel better after the surg.,but havent yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register