One of my biggest fears became reality - I FELL!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One of my biggest fears became reality - I FELL!!!! One of my biggest fears became reality - I FELL!!!!

Unread 11-25-2007, 05:28 PM
One of my biggest fears became reality - I FELL!!!!

Unbelievable! I have been so concerned about the possibility of falling and messing something up. Well, this morning I was standing in the bathroom and decided to take my socks off. Instead of bending over (not happening), I lifted my left foot off the floor and slid the sock off. Next thing I know I'm falling. I tried to catch myself on the wall, didn't work. Bruised left forearm, skinned right elbow, hurt right wrist (don't think it's sprained), managed to jam the second toe on my right foot, and worst of all my right butt cheek and lower back feels like I was walked on by an elephant! I am having pains at the top left side of incision (vertical for TAH/BSO) and bottom right near where ovary probably was. Thank God my two boys and my DH were home - I don't know what I would have done. It took my DH about 10 minutes to help me figure out how to get up without doing any more damage. Now getting up and down is truly an ordeal. I can't even imagine how much more sore I will be tomorrow.

My recovery had been going pretty well. (Everything is relative right?!) I had to visit two families for Thanksgiving and spent entirely too much time in uncomfortable chairs. I paid for it with quite a bit of spotting that night and the next two days. Was just starting to feel better and had planned to go back to church tonight. Now I feel like I have set my recovery back at least a week, if not more.

Sorry for the pity party, but people don't seem to understand how long this recovery process can be for some of us. I just needed to vent to my sisters who I know understand so much more than even my own family (and they do try). I just don't think that you can truly understand until you have been through this type of surgery.

I hope everyone is having a better day than I am!

Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 05:33 PM

I hope you did not do anything to your incision.
I would call my dr if you do not get to feeling better in the morning.

lots of hugs.
Unread 11-25-2007, 05:46 PM

HI - I notice that you're only 3 weeks post op - I would definitely rest up well over the next few days and if you notice anything untoward get it checked out - just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 05:54 PM

tdjeva,
My DH checked my incision and said that it looks fine. Still have 4 of those steristrips on - 2 at top and 2 at bottom. Maybe they are still stuck there for a reason.

Roxy01,
I have done nothing but sit all day. My DH took boys to church and I was ordered to stay on the couch. I didn't listen so well since I am at the computer. But I just needed some input from the girls.

I go back a week from tomorrow for 4 week follow up visit. Just praying that I didn't do any permanent damage. Thanks so much just for listening and being there. It was an absolutely terrifying experience, but it could have been much worse. At least I didn't hit the toilet, tub or countertop.

Tammy
Unread 11-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Hi HuggieBear,
Don't you ever feel sorry, by communicating your pains sufferings and frustrations with us. We understand you, and we really care, because we've been there, and some us are still there!
Hope that you didn't get any major injury, get plenty of rest, and if I were you I would see the DR.
Hope you will recover soon!
Lots of love, Betty.

TAH, kept ovaries
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:40 PM

Please call your doctor tomorrow. Don't wait for your 4 week checkup...
Unread 11-25-2007, 07:01 PM

Huggybear-
I agree. Call your doc first thing in the morning!
Better safe than sorry!

Maybe it'll help you feel better to know
I fell in the toilet
my 3rd night home at 4 a.m.
(Thanks to dh leaving the seat up! )
Had to take a shower at 3 a.m. on a full load of narcotics!
(crying the whole time, of course)
I was ok after I cooled off!

Hope your fall did not make you very
sore.

tw
Unread 11-25-2007, 08:39 PM

I think you should call your dr. in the morning, just to be on the safe side. I hope all is well and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 11-25-2007, 11:23 PM

I would first off like to say I think that you should call your doc in the AM if for nothing else but to tell them what happend.Now with that said I would like to also say you can come here anythime to vent,yell,cry or anything else that you feel like doing.We truly understand.I my self have been throwing a grade A pitty party today and you and anyone else on here is welcome to join at anytime.the more the merrier!So please take it easy call your doc and let us know how you are doing ok?
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:05 AM

oh ouch I can't magine.
It is my fear as well especially now as temps around freezing and often bits of ice or snow on ground. I like to get out each day but get really scared walking up those little ramps to front doors.
Hubby is always grabbing me tohold me but i wonder if that just means we both go down and he falls on me. YIKES

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register