One of my biggest fears became reality - I FELL!!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One of my biggest fears became reality - I FELL!!!! One of my biggest fears became reality - I FELL!!!!

Unread 11-26-2007, 02:49 PM
One of my biggest fears became reality - I FELL!!!!

I went out to lunch last Monday with some friends (12 days post op) and when we were leaving the restaurant, the heel of my clog hit a rock, I twisted my ankle and down I went! I was embarrassed, so I jumped right up again. I was definitely hurting that night, had to take some pain pills again, which I had been off for nearly a week. I checked my incision as soon as I got home and it looked okay. I had my 2 week post op appointment the next day and the doc said it was unlikely that I could have done any real damage, so that was good. I was worried that I pulled my bladder sling loose or something.

tracyellen1619
TAH w/bladder sling 11/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I fell in the toilet my 3rd night home at 4 a.m.
Oh my gosh, I gasped when I read that. OUCH !!!

I haven't fallen but I've been very careful for fear of falling! I always turn the light on the stairs when I go up and down, always go slow.

I tried hopping on one leg once, somwhere in Week 2, to see if I was ready to drive .... definitely NOT. But it sure helped to reinforce how much I did NOT want to fall.

Be careful everyone, it hurts to read this stuff !!!

Unread 11-26-2007, 03:29 PM

I just want to thank everyone for your kind words! I am feeling incredibly sore today, but not as bad as it could have been. My belly doesn't feel like I have done any major damage - Thank God! However, I do have a spot about an inch from the left side of the top of my incision that hurts even when touching very lightly. Could this possibly be nerves waking up? I haven't spotted at all since the fall, which has been a huge relief. Don't want to tear the vaginal cuff!

Wishing everyone a better day tomorrow than today!
Tammy

P.S. tw47 - I hope your DH has learned his lesson and keeps the seat down now. What woman hasn't fallen in at least once because a male left the seat up?! But right after surgery?! Hope all is going well.

It is truly a blessing to have a place to go to vent, complain, ask questions or just find someone who understands the mood swings that go with recovering from such a major surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Falling into a toilet on day 3 would be a major mood swing LOL

Glad you're okay, HB!
Unread 11-26-2007, 04:24 PM

huggybear, I hope you call your dr. as soon as possible. I can't imagine falling the way you did. I hope everything i s ok. Let us know we are all concerned about you and everyone .

I have to tell you I've had a phobia about falling since my hyster, and am still concerned even tho I am gong on 8 wks post op.

tw47, wow.... 3rd day home and falling into the toilet would be a nightmare to me.. glad you did not hurt yourself..
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:57 PM

Well girls, I finally had to call the doctor. My sister and a close friend came over yesterday to take me to my Mom's house for a visit and some girl time. It was nice, felt like old times, until the pain set in. I wasn't even doing anything, they waited on me hand and foot. I started having muscle spasms in my lower right side where ovary used to be. Those little buggers hurt like crazy. They feel like someone stuck a knife in and started twisting. I can not sit for very long at all in a regular chair. Anyone else having this problem?

After describing my pain to nurse (lower right side and upper left side of incision), she thinks that I pulled some stitches and severely wrenched my muscles. The good news is that she says that there is probably no internal bleeding or it would be coming out (like a period). Anyway, she called in some more pain meds - I thought I was done with those. This fall has set me back so far! It's depressing. I have learned that I am a person who would much rather be taking care OF other people than be taken care of BY others.

I have started having issues with nausea. I know it's not the pain pills so what's up with that? I'm still sleeping in the recliner of my couch, because I can't sleep in my bed yet (am a side sleeper). I tried, but with the pulled stomach muscles, it hurt way too much. I am so sorry for this long complaining post. I am just tired of trying so hard to be a good patient and still feeling lousy. Thanks for listening. It does help just knowing that you are all out there somewhere taking the time to care about people you only know through online posts. You truly are a lifeline during this difficult time known as the recovery process.

Wishing everyone a better day tomorrow than today!
Tammy

TAH/BSO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register