Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007

Unread 12-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007

Hello ladies , I'm sorry but I needed to vent.I had my surgery 2 weeks ago everything is gone including my sanity. Taste buds are all hay wired, can't sleep (and love my sleep), stomach is burning or itchy not quite sure on this, and don't sneeze with out a pillow(one snuck up on me and wow thought I was going to drop every organ I had left, through my incision on the floor... Then the hormones, don't get me started on this. I cried when someone ate the gingerbread mans house in that silly phone commercial. My husband was great for about 3 days now he thinks I should be super woman again. You know cook for every one in a 10 mile radius,have the house immacculate, and of course the sex thing. My god you would think the world came to end ,haha.
Well I could go on but .... well I think I will go look at the dishes in the sink again and decide they can wait until later.
Happy holidays or bah hum bug, wow another hormonal discharge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 09:12 AM

I went to the doc for my 2 week visit yesterday and I found out the reason for all the pain I was having on my left side. The stiches on the inside are thicker and the one on my right hasn't desolved yet and is kind of pinchig when I sit or lay a certain way. He checked me vaginally and said everything is fine. He is impressed with the scar healing ( I have been using Aloe Vera straight from a plant, 2 times a day). It looks really good and it takes the itching away, for me anyway. He said I could drive in another week (YAY!). The BM's are better and the pain has lessened like everyone said they would. I feel great, with the exception of the pinch in my belly. The urination has improved. The only downfall right now is I pee without knowing it sometimes and can't hold my bladder. Forget laughing, it just comes right out. Doc also said this will get better. I am a moving fool. I sit down as needed but I feel great. I think just the knowing that my doc said everything looks great, I am more sure. Also it helps that I have lost 4 more pounds! Yay me!
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:43 AM

hello ladies

i got the dreaded call from my gyn on 12/11/07 letting me know the pathology report did show a small section was cancerous so she's
sending me to an oncologist to be sure it hasnt metaticized (sp?)
anywhere else....she also examined me the next day at my 2-week
post op and found some lumps (very painful) on my left side - she
wants to check those out as she feels they developed really quickly
after surgery so am having an ultrasound on 1/3/08.

hope you all are having an "easy" holiday.....my tree only got lights
on it this year but thats better than nothing - next year will go all out

Blessings!!

sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 10:00 AM

Horticulturist

I can live with the no lifting but how do you get around the "no bending over" rule? or do you just ignore it.
Unread 12-14-2007, 10:06 AM

dorothyr-i agree about the no lifting (no big deal) but the one thing i really regret that i didn't purchase to have when i got home is one of those "e-z grabbers" - that would've helped so much - when i have to bend over, i just do it really s-l-o-w-l-y . . . . . . .
Unread 12-14-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetteagal
dorothyr-i agree about the no lifting (no big deal) but the one thing i really regret that i didn't purchase to have when i got home is one of those "e-z grabbers" - that would've helped so much - when i have to bend over, i just do it really s-l-o-w-l-y . . . . . . .
what are e z grabbers and where do I buy them QUICK!!!
Unread 12-14-2007, 10:12 AM

if i have to bend over i find it easier to go real slow ---- i havent had any probs really with picking up stuff - i cant do anything on my feet - (yet)
so if its more than putting on socks i just cant reach them but if i drop
something (and trust me i have gotten even more clumsy after) i just take it
real slow and try to hold on to something if i can
Unread 12-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Dorothyr-
The doctor didn't say no bending over, it's this support I'm wearing. It's a back support, and I'm wearing it so low on my hips that it rubs on the fronts of my thighs. I do ALLOT of walking, so it's irritating the skin. And it's "binding" if I try to bend over. I put my weight on one leg, keep it straight, and bend over to pick something up.
I walked all through Costco at 9 or 10 days post op, I've puttered all around the house from the get-go, except for a few days when my body just said "enough....lay down".
At the end of the day, the pubis bone area is swollen and tender, but it goes away after a night of sleeping. It isn't detrimental to the healing, and I get tons of walking in. The doctor said to do anything I feel up to doing, within the lifting restrictions.
I said last night that I wanted to put the tent tops on, but have little motivation to do it today. I suppose that's my body saying, "I've about had it with you....knock it off for a bit". Plus, I have to make a Waldorf salad today for 26. The family party is tonight.
The support I wear is great, I've sneezed with no discomfort, coughed, etc. so the rubbing on my legs are worth putting up with. Sometimes I've put a towel under the edge and it's helped, but looks bulky, and I'm in public allot now.
Hope that helped explain it....
Diana
Unread 12-14-2007, 11:30 AM

Dorothyr,
FYI, my doc graduated 33 years ago. He is an GYN oncologist. He told me that he won't see me again since he is primarily a surgeon. He was a speaker at a recent ovarian cancer symposium re: his research on response to a controlled experiment of treatment options.
I figure this guy has seen literally thousands of hysterectomies, so when he says "do anything you're up to", I feel confident about it.

Also, I was asked to donate my ovaries to a research group in Seattle that is searching for the DNA markers for ovarian cancer. I believe they were affiliated with the Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center. They are collecting benign, healthy, and afflicted ovaries for comparison. Mine were not healthy, but not cancerous. Hopefully, they can glean some information from them.

Diana
Unread 12-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Tamybing,
I could of swore I wrote that! You are having the exact same systems as me, and I also had my TAH on Nov. 26th. I went to the doc yesterday about the pain around my belly button, she wasn't sure what it was, so I am having a CT scan on Monday. I was also having the bladder issues so they took a urine sample and will find out if I have an infection. She said I'm probably just not used to feeling my bladder in that place as it was being smashed by the huge uterus and fibroid.
Let me know what you find out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register