Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007

Unread 12-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007

Pamir, thanks for the Lamaze breathing tip.

Mill2, it sounds like we are on the same page. Last night I tried prune juice and it helped. But eeeeuuuuwwwwww! That stuff is nasty.

Joey, your procedures and right after sound awful! I'm sorry you had to go through so much. I'm glad that you are feeling better. I haven't had much bleeding, just a bit of spotting the first few days. My doc said that discharge is normal but should taper off over the first 6 weeks. She said to call her if it's heavy (filling 1 pad per hour for 4 or more hours). I would still call your own doc, though, if you have any concerns. It's interesting how different everyone's doctor is.

Has anyone had any incision issues? I have a bit of oozing, but not much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 02:58 PM

wow, I'm doing really good after reading these posts! I had my surgery LSH with bso, and some adhesion work, on the 28th, and I"m back to work, and went to a party last night! No longer on any pain meds, (I too, had to do the prune juice stuff, yuck is right) I was a little sore after yesterday, but today got the tree up/decorated.....Good luck to you all......wishing you a speedy recovery!
Sue
Unread 12-08-2007, 05:35 PM

Hi All! I too am having bleeding.Although, after the last 2 years, this is nothing!! Am a little concerned. Some days it is brown and old blood, other days it is brght red and very period like!! Sneezed a while ago-- YIKERS!! Remind me not to do that again! I managed to stop it half way through. Thank goodness. 'Still having major GI problems and am surviving on bananas and applesauce, some rice. I would love toast but am gluten intolerant so the regular toast is out. I can not stand the rice bread and haven't found a bread I like yet. Oh well. Anyone sill having GI issues? Surgery was TAH/BSO 11-27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:22 PM

I had to have both a TAH and a gallbladder removal at the same time on Nov. 26. I came home three days later, and have
been recovering since. I have some pain still, mostly at night. I was doing well until a day or two ago when I tried to help my aunt with Xmas decorating(I felt OK), then had stomach pains.
I am eating regular food again, but sometimes still have vomiting. I want to know how long I can expect to be "laid up"
before I should try to do stuff like clean house, go to church, etc. I just got my staples out last week.My aunt is hosting the family Xmas gathering this year, and I usually help with everything. I really feel guilty that I can't help decorate, shop, or clean.She is a senior citizen, but has the energy of a 30 yr. old! This site has been a great hepl to me; I only wish I had found it sooner; I was 2 wks. pre-op when I discovered it.
Unread 12-08-2007, 06:43 PM

I had to have both a TAH (for fibroids and painful periods)and a gallbladder removal at the same time on Nov. 26. I came home three days later, and have
been recovering since. I have some pain still, mostly at night. I was doing well until a day or two ago when I tried to help my aunt with Xmas decorating(I felt OK), then had stomach pains.
I am eating regular food again, but sometimes still have vomiting. I want to know how long I can expect to be "laid up"
before I should try to do stuff like clean house, go to church, etc. I just got my staples out last week.My aunt is hosting the family Xmas gathering this year, and I usually help with everything. I really feel guilty that I can't help decorate, shop, or clean.She is a senior citizen, but has the energy of a 30 yr. old! This site has been a great hepl to me; I only wish I had found it sooner; I was 2 wks. pre-op when I discovered it.
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:49 PM

Sue - wow! That's an amazing recovery. It's hard to believe that you are just 2 days ahead of me.

Spencersaunt - I am having GI issues, too, but not to the extent that you are. I normally avoid additives and preservatives, and I'm sure my meds are loaded with them. I think that is part of my problem. I wonder if your meds have any gluten in them?
Unread 12-08-2007, 08:10 PM

A few threads back there was discussion about pain meds It really does make things better if you take your vicodin and then wait 2 hours to take your motrin. I did that this afternoon and my abd. soreness has subsided for hours now. Thanks to who ever offered that info...
Unread 12-09-2007, 03:05 AM
Day 12

My surgery was 11/27. I'm doing pretty well. I did a little too much on day 8 and paid for it - sore and tired! Pathology report received and no more adnormal cells detected! YEA.

Have experienced emotional ups and downs. Found my most emotional moments are quickly followed by sleep. I attribute some of the emotional issues to coming off the pain meds. Rich foods not tolerated well - drinking lots of water and trying to be more upright (sitting) and doing short laps inside the house - I did find that my legs - particulary my calfs feels crampy at times...but that goes away once I walk around a bit....
Unread 12-09-2007, 08:28 AM

11 days post op
This thread sure illustrates how each and every one of us and our situations are different. Even though we are all definitely in the same boat, our bodies respond differently. My TAH with TT was on 11/28, home on 12/01. The only thing I'm still really dealing with are the drains associated with the TT. I can't have them removed until the output is under 25 ccs in a 24 hour period and right now I'm having around 30ccs in a 12 hour period. But even though they are a huge pain in the butt, and makes me look like I have testicles when I wear pants, I figure they are necessary in my recovery. If I didn't have them, they'd have to stick a needle in my stomach to drain the fluid. I'm not experiencing any pain, any gas, any bowel problems, am eating normally, only used 13 of the 40 percocets prescribed, am sleeping well, just have to pace myself. If I do too much one day, I pay for it the next. I'm walking, drinking lots of water, and generally taking it easy, leaving the decorating, tidying, etc., to my sweet husband, who has earned a special place in heaven for everything he has done, from helping me in the shower to cleaning out my drains. Talk about for better or worse, in sickness or in health The hardest part pre-op was the waiting and anticipation; the hardest part post-op is wanting to get back to 'normal' too fast. Patience is not one of my virtues.
Unread 12-09-2007, 08:38 AM

Had my TAH BSO Friday Nov 30th, out of recovery around 4PM. Longer cut than expected as was my surgery. I did it with a spinal. Ate dinner about 6PM fruit and fish. Only pain meds was Motrim. Slept good and then had my cath out about 2AM. Walked the halls. Been walking ever since. My only big issue was the antibiotics which tend to always give me the back-door trots. UGH! So I got lots of walking in to the bathroom for a few days. The good side was no constipation issues. Home Sunday morning. It was painful to transfer to and from bed or chair but once I was where I wanted to be not so bad. Lots of water and walking. Day 4 my staples came out. All looks good. Day 5 no more motrim - drug free. Started a hormone patch will see how that goes. I am wearing a binder. Really like that security. Thanks for all you help and wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register