Sex drive coming back? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex drive coming back? Sex drive coming back?

Unread 11-26-2007, 04:32 AM
Sex drive coming back?

Has anyone else had this happen or is it all in mind like my DH thinks!

I'm 3 months out from my TAH BSO, and the first 4 weeks I was a ***** toad. Then at about 6 weeks the desires went away. Then about 8 weeks I had NO feelings even when I tried.

The about 3 weeks ago,,I started have a teensy tiny response to breast and clit simulations, and I had a tiny O, not as intense as before but I had one.

Has this happen to anyone else?

I'm excited but I don't want to get too excited, if its going to go away again.

no HRT!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Sex drive coming back?

lyb

I hope some ladies will be along soon to share.

In the meantime, try to think positively and I hope things continue to improve for you!

Unread 11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Sex drive coming back?

Thanks

I really excited but at the same time, don't want to get my hopes up.

My lack of sex drive is really putting a strain on my marriage.

I mean really how important is sex? I mean I agree it usually feels good, but if I don't have it weekly or monthly,,I can still enjoy life, but that is not the case for my husband.

he has a VERY high sex drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Sex drive coming back?

It should come back. I am six weeks post op and my partner has tried a few times to get me to orgasm with his fingers. It didnt work for a while cos i was nervous of the consequences. The suddenly it happened....and it was wonderful. We have since tried penetration - i was terrified of pain - but again - it was lovely. Just take it slow and as your confidence comes back, so will the feelings.
xxxx
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Sex drive coming back?

Hey.. this is my first post to the forum.. just discovered this web site by accident yesterday! Boy.. wish I had known about it when I realized I had to have my surgery. Anyway.. I had a total abdominal with ovaries removed. I am doing HRT (patches). I'm 4 1/2 weeks post-op and really have no desire at all. Not sure if it is physical or because I am scared to death of having physical contact! Glad to hear that when the time comes it will not be a horrible experience. My DH is getting very anxious.
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Sex drive coming back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyb
Thanks

I really excited but at the same time, don't want to get my hopes up.

My lack of sex drive is really putting a strain on my marriage.

I mean really how important is sex? I mean I agree it usually feels good, but if I don't have it weekly or monthly,,I can still enjoy life, but that is not the case for my husband.

he has a VERY high sex drive
Dont worry - everybody goes at their own rate. Your husband will have to realise you have had MAJOR surgery in your most sensitive areas. It is not an easy thought for us knowing something is going to go inside that tender part and then move around and i was terrified that the contractions from the orgasm would somehow hurt the internal stiches or that where they sewed up after they took my cervix out would be tender but everything was fine. I only had a small cautious orgasm, like you but i think as it goes on it will get better. i felt very slightly sore afterwards but it soon went. think it was only cos i hadnt done it for so long! i had ZERO interest before surgery cos of the pain and bleeding i was going through. now i cant wait to get back to it! (Sex maniac!) not really but i DO enjoy it. And in answer to your question, yes, sex is very important in a relationship but that is just my opinion. I know a lot of people dont value it very highly but its a brilliant way of expressing physical love!

hang in there honey - you will be fine xx
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Sex drive coming back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrl
Hey.. this is my first post to the forum.. just discovered this web site by accident yesterday! Boy.. wish I had known about it when I realized I had to have my surgery. Anyway.. I had a total abdominal with ovaries removed. I am doing HRT (patches). I'm 4 1/2 weeks post-op and really have no desire at all. Not sure if it is physical or because I am scared to death of having physical contact! Glad to hear that when the time comes it will not be a horrible experience. My DH is getting very anxious.
tell him you will be fine. it really didnt hurt but we were very careful. i dont think you can indulge in rodeo style sex for a while! ha hahaha
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Sex drive coming back?

Thanks for all the post.

Sex is important in our realtionship, if only because of how important it is to him! I truly believe that he sees it as one of my ways of saying "I Love you" it took me 11 years with him to learn that.

Wish I was a sex maniac!
Unread 11-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Sex drive coming back?

Lyb, HA HA HA HA! I hope I didnt sound like i was delivering a lecture. It was just my opinion. I am so mad about my partner, I just want to love him in every possible way and luckily he is the same so its important to both of us. But like everything else, everyone's libidos are different. Whats right for one is not for another. I know you will get back to enjoying your husband. And you will feel well - I didnt before the op and now I feel wonderful - it all makes such a difference. I am sure it will be great for you xxxx
Unread 11-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Sex drive coming back?

Those initial post-op days I was like an animal in heat. LOL! While no expert, I credit that to the surge in hormones. A couple months post-op, I was having difficulty sleeping. After trying a variety of medications, they've finally found something that helps me sleep. However, my desire to "engage" is non-existent.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register