Dizzy spells at 3 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dizzy spells at 3 weeks post-op Dizzy spells at 3 weeks post-op

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Dizzy spells at 3 weeks post-op

Does/did anyone have trouble with dizzy spells after their surgery? I'm three weeks after and it seems anytime I stand up or walk at a decent pace my head gets left behind. Everything with get staticy ((sorta like the tv when there's no cable)) and I'll need to catch onto something. I've always had a few spells in the past, most likely due to my anemia and low potassium, but these are happening several times daily. I'm getting afraid to carry my daughter because if his happens I'm scared I'll drop her.

Should I be worried, or am I ((once again))being a hypochondriac?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 09:03 AM

I had the same thing at about 2 weeks. I was scared to take a shower. I was so dizzy everytime I stood up and had to quickly sit back down. You might mention it to the doctor. Mine went away a few days later. But, I was really worried when it was happening.
Unread 11-26-2007, 09:58 AM

Thr problem is that this hasn't been just a day or two, it's been for a week in a half or maybe two weeks. It's also been getting worse, yesterday I thought I would faint ((I felt so pathetic at the thought of that)) had to lean of the wal for a few seconds and had a throbbing headache for the other half of the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Goche21, Call the doc and ask about it. Are you still taking pain meds? Are you on other meds? It may be a reaction between them. Just a thought. I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I hope these spells go away.
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:46 PM

Could you possibly be anemic? I know in the past when I have been I felt like that. Also low blood pressure can make you feel like that. You really should probably follow up with your Dr.

Hugs,
Starbgirl
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:48 PM

Goche21,
Be very careful picking up your daughter. No lifting over 10 lbs, remember?
See your DR. My prayers are with you.
C
Unread 11-26-2007, 09:37 PM

I am anemic, also low in potassium and calcium but I take usppliments. Normally I remember to take my iron, it's the others that miss... >>

My daughter is exactly ten pounds right now.
May I ask what excatly can/can't I do, the post-op list is kinda basic and my doctor didn't say anything except 'don't drive' and 'don't lift anything heavier then your baby'
Unread 11-26-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goche21
Thr problem is that this hasn't been just a day or two, it's been for a week in a half or maybe two weeks. It's also been getting worse, yesterday I thought I would faint ((I felt so pathetic at the thought of that)) had to lean of the wal for a few seconds and had a throbbing headache for the other half of the day.
I would really talk to the dr then. It could be anything and with a baby at home, you don't want to take the risk of falling w/or w/o the baby. I'm sure the dr will figure out what the problem is. I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Unread 11-27-2007, 04:58 AM

I doubt it but your not nursing are you? Are you eating properly? I got like that when I was pregnant and it was my sugar was low. I would have a can of orange juice or candy even fruit and it would pass.
With all that happened to you it could be anything and I really think you need to see a doc asap. Today would be best.
Your hormones are bound to be so screwed up with delivery/hysterectomy stress and a brand new baby isn't that easy to recover around since you wake up when she does.

Please make sure you are sleeping when she is to hell with the house friends family you need to rest more then anyone I would think
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:08 AM

I doubt it but your not nursing are you? Are you eating properly? I got like that when I was pregnant and it was my sugar was low. I would have a can of orange juice or candy even fruit and it would pass.
With all that happened to you it could be anything and I really think you need to see a doc asap. Today would be best.
Your hormones are bound to be so screwed up with delivery/hysterectomy stress and a brand new baby isn't that easy to recover around since you wake up when she does.

Please make sure you are sleeping when she is to hell with the house, visiting friends family you need to rest more then anyone I would think

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register