Dizzy spells at 3 weeks post-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dizzy spells at 3 weeks post-op Dizzy spells at 3 weeks post-op

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Dizzy spells at 3 weeks post-op

The lifting thing, my dr told me 10 pounds ONLY with one hand, no tummy type lifting at all.. anyone else told that?? I have had vertigo for years!!! Stress has always been a big factor with my vertigo, and allergies, in the past for me a lack of water too would cause this, toooo many things can cause vertigo. Keep a diary of everything you do daily, eat, drink meds.. this my help you decide what it isnt, i.e. if you are drinking lots of water, if the wind isnt blowing allergens around, taking HRT? Plenty of water. GOOD LUCK, its not easy getting back on track after surgery!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 08:17 AM

I am almost 3 weeks post op and still have the dizziness. In the shower, when I get up, when I'm up for a while just standing in one place. I actually had this before I had the hysterectomy and have gone to every dr I could think of, family, ear, eye, had vestibular therapy. No answers. I hate it. I thought for sure it was hormones and would disappear after the hysterectomy, but it is still there. I feel like I'm going to pass out at times. They even checked the blood pressure thing and my blood. I wish I had an answer for you. It is the worst feeling.

Good luck.
Unread 12-03-2007, 09:05 AM

Good Morning! I was just logging on to ask similar questions.

I am 3 weeks post op today. I am going through the same thing. Dizzy and nauseated all the time. I, too, literally have to hold onto something when I am up because I feel like I am going to pass out. I'm not on pain meds due to an allergic reaction so I know that isn't it. I have thought about whether it could be anemia or low blood pressure. I have really low blood pressure normally 110/60 . . it was incredibly low my last dr. visit, 90/68, but they never seen to be concerned. I have a headache, am nauseated and dizzy all the time and I'm incredily weak.

I have had and continue to have a drainage/discharge of blood, and a yellowish/brown something . .it is the consistency of urine. I can feel it coming out of me (like I'm going to the bathroom) and it makes me self- conscious that I'll go through the pad. Is it normal to have the discharge? Mine has got a terrible odor to it and I am very self conscious of it. Has anyone experienced this??

I ended up with a vaginal cuff cellulitis infection post op. I just wonder if the infection is just not cleared up completely and it is causing all these problems???????

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 11:27 AM

I am pretty sure any kind of odd odor means some kind of infection. On a post op visit to my OB, I told her I have an odor I have never had before and she says you most likely have an infection, she put me on anti botics that day and the odor went away. I would GET IT CHECK OUT ASAP, As far as being dizzy, I too have dizzy issues when the winds kick up and my allergies kick in again, even in the winter for me. Plus if I dont drink enough daily drinking water I get very dizzy, could any of this be your problem too? GOOD LUCK!!!
Unread 12-03-2007, 11:45 AM

I have really low blood pressure too. The same as yours. Even when I was pregnant it stayed low. My dr never says a word either. They think it's great that it is low. I think it that is what makes me dizzy though. Maybe in the new year I will get this checked again once I get over this recovery.
Good luck!
Unread 12-03-2007, 12:12 PM

Thank you for everyone's feedback!
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:28 PM

Wow my moms BP was low and she ened up falling one early morning going to the bathroom I am not sure if too low is good.. I forget to mention, I get dizzy when I am stressed out which being on commission only job I work from home while being a mom is a HUGE amount ... any stress??
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:33 PM

I don't really feel stressed. I am pretty high strung so this not being able to do stuff I'm sure stresses me out some. I'm sure lack of sleep doesn't help either. I taking Ambien to knock me out around 10 or so and by 3 am I'm up again. I lay around all day . . but can't seem to nap.

I'm trying to hydrate better and see if that helps.
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:43 PM

Michelle,

I had a CT scan one week after my cuff cellulitis exam and antibiotics to check progress and mine did show ongoing infection & fluid in my abdomen. I have a follow up CT scheduled for this Friday the 7th to check progress. BTW when I had my CT last Wed I no longer had a fever so I was sure it was gone but it wasn't. I was upset about having to have the CT at first, but then I was glad becasue were not see through and the contrast shows EVERYTHING!

Maybe you can ask your Dr to check like this so you know for your own peice of mind that it is or isn't resolved.

I also felt very week and dizzy when I first had mine diagnosed.

Good Luck,

Starbgirl
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:47 PM

Starbgirl -

Thank you so much. I will definitely call and ask my dr. about it tomorrow. My doctor just put me on antibiotics and ever since my fever broke she doesn't seem worried at all.

Not to get to personal but were you having the smelly discharge also??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register