Discharge & pain after 2.5 mos | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Discharge & pain after 2.5 mos Discharge & pain after 2.5 mos

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Discharge & pain after 2.5 mos

I've been having a burning pain in my low right abdomen for a couple weeks -- no clue what that is. What do adhesions feel like? I also have a red area on my really low right abdomen, just above the pubic bone area -- no clue what this is either, or if it's related to the pain. Yesterday and Saturday I had some off-colored discharge (reddish brownish). Not a lot, but enough that I noticed it. I am recovering from a yeast infection as well. I have this huge paranoia thought that the red area is going to open up and spew all kinds of nasty stuff! All that probably isn't even related.

I have been to my GP for the pain and the spot and to get Diflucan for the YI and he said he thought maybe the red spot was an infected pimple. No, I don't think so. there is a dark line that goes through it and it can be felt as well. Kinda looks like a vein, but that's not what it is. He also thought the burning pain could possibly be scarring.

Anyone else have anything even remotely similar? Today I have horendous low back pain. I don't want to go back to my gyn again! I want to be finished with doctors!!! I see a rheumatologist in Jan. though, so no luck there. Any help or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:59 AM

Jen, this does not sound too good. I would not hesitate to see my gyn to see whats up. If it is nothing then you will have peace of mind.

Take care , my thought and prayers are with you.
Unread 11-26-2007, 09:35 AM

Hmmmm........Just noticed that I now have a pinkish, yellowish, discharge. Peach? I don't want to go back!!!!!! I want to be finished!!!!

............guess I'll be calling again.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 09:54 AM

Sorry I can understand how you feel, I myself have to go back to my gyn on Tuesday and I'm expecting bad news. I hope your is good news but you need to get things fixed if not. Good luck.
Unread 11-26-2007, 12:54 PM

OK, well I called my dr's office and spoke with a nurse. She wants me to come in and get checked. Off to the doctor's again. I can't seem to make it a full week lately............I guess pain, odor, and discharge cannot be ignored. I'll let you know what happens THIS time.
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM

ScrapperJen:
You have made it this far and generally you must be feeling better. So, go to the DR, get you diagnosis and meds (if needed) and take care of yourself. Frustration seems to be getting to most of us and I guess part of our recovery is realizing sometimes we need help. That is ok.
Keep us posted. You are in my prayers.
C
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:37 PM

Well, I went. He doesn't know what the burning pain could be from. He says the red area is a skin abscess or boil (gross). I have to put warm compresses on that until it either opens and drains or goes away. He did a vaginal culture and a urinalysis, so we'll see what those turn out to be. I also had the "dreaded" granulation tissue. I was totally freaked out when he reached for something and I asked him if that was silver nitrate. He said yes and I groaned. He asked why and I told him that I'd heard horror stories about that stuff. Nothing to worry about -- I never felt it. No burning or anything. I was crampy, if we can still BE crampy, but after all the poking around he did in there, I'd be surprised if I wasn't. So, until the lab results come back, I just go on with my (not so) merry life.

One bit of good news -- if a kitten that I saw at a Humane Society is still there tomorrow and I can hold it, or if it's still there on Wednesday, we get a new kitten! Woo Hoo!!! she's a baby Siamese (mixed with something, but she still has the markings and the incredible blue eyes). Very excited about this!!!
Unread 11-27-2007, 07:21 AM

Good for you for going to the DR. Sounds like he was very thorough.....like you are in good hands. Keep us posted.
Good luck with the kitty being there for you. If it is meant to be, she will still be there.
Love,
C
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:13 AM
discharge

Hi I am new to the forum. Hello everyone. I had surgery in July, kept the overies and I am still having discharge, no pain just discharge. I have been back to the Dr. three time for the same problem, cultures are coming back fine but still no answers to why i am still having discharge. :
Unread 11-27-2007, 02:12 PM

scrapperjen, so happy for you that you went to the dr. This way you can be sure you will be well.

I hope you get the kitten that you fell in love with. I bet it was adorable.

I just got back from my dr app. 8 wks. and he asked the nurse for the nitrate..I said "Oh no!" he said, it worn't hurt just a little nitrate on a stick. I didn't even know he was in "there" I go back to him in a year.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register