What am I stupid? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What am I stupid? What am I stupid?

Unread 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
What am I stupid?

Here I am a full two months post op after a TVA/RSO, pretty much relased by my doctor to do whatever. So, what do I do? My diabled grandmother and disabled uncle live right next door to me, my disabled big brother take care of them majority of the time, but doesn't do things like decorating for christams, so I decided that I could do this tasks for them. I lifted on boxes and totes that weighed anywhere from 25-75 lbs. Overhead, carrying across rooms, and alost anything else you can think of. DUMB!!! Anyways not only am I tired beyond all reason, but I am hurting in places that I have not hurt in since my surgery. I knew that it was more than a 1 person job, but I thought wel if I just do a little at a time, all will be fine. I still have alot to do over there, and all I am hearing from dear sweet gram's is that I have no excuse not to have it all done, because when she had her hyst. back almot forty years ago, she didn't miss a lick and I'm just using it for a cruch, or excuse not to do everything that she might want done. I love her, but my hormones are still adjusting I might hurt her if she keeps on.

Sorry about hte major rant, just had to vent. DH is out tonight with the guys and I'm about to scream. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 06:52 PM
What am I stupid?

younglady27- I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling yucky after all that you were doing. You must be so kind of heart to do that for your family. That was very sweet of you. But, don't forget you are still healing.I hear it can take six months to up to a year to really fully heal. So remember to take it easy. And don't feel quilty about grandma. We know you are not using your surgery as an excuse. It can be hard when people compare your surgery to theirs. My aunt said in two weeks she was back to normal and doing everything. I always think about that when I am still feeling blah, and not lifting things. But, I have to remember everyone is different. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:14 PM
What am I stupid?

I know how you feel. About 10 weeks out, my water heater sprung a leak and I had to turn off the water to my house for the weekend. I didn't think anything about going to the neighbors to borrow buckets of water to get me by. It didn't seem like that bad an idea until I started spotting. It turned out nothing to worry about after all, but I was kind of sore and really scared and felt so stupid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 07:34 PM
What am I stupid?

Quote:
I am hearing from dear sweet gram's is that I have no excuse not to have it all done
You know, since you're doing this out of the goodness of your heart, I'd say she should be showing a little gratitude instead of insensitive judgment! If I were you, I'd be D.O.N.E. with the decorating for her, for sure.
Unread 11-26-2007, 08:06 PM
What am I stupid?

Lord have mercy. That is so unkind. I'm very sorry you heard this, I'd want to cry.

Unread 11-26-2007, 10:30 PM
What am I stupid?

I also just did something STUPID -- because I had the least invasive type of hyst there is (LSH) and was feeling so good after 8 days -- I decided I was up to steam cleaning my carpets on day 9.... all 2,300 square feet of them -- WHAT WAS I THINKING??!!! I am paying for it now and am concerned I might have really messed myself up! Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:01 AM
What am I stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglady27
Here I am a full two months post op after a TVA/RSO, pretty much relased by my doctor to do whatever. So, what do I do? My diabled grandmother and disabled uncle live right next door to me, my disabled big brother take care of them majority of the time, but doesn't do things like decorating for christams, so I decided that I could do this tasks for them. I lifted on boxes and totes that weighed anywhere from 25-75 lbs. Overhead, carrying across rooms, and alost anything else you can think of. DUMB!!! Anyways not only am I tired beyond all reason, but I am hurting in places that I have not hurt in since my surgery. I knew that it was more than a 1 person job, but I thought wel if I just do a little at a time, all will be fine. I still have alot to do over there, and all I am hearing from dear sweet gram's is that I have no excuse not to have it all done, because when she had her hyst. back almot forty years ago, she didn't miss a lick and I'm just using it for a cruch, or excuse not to do everything that she might want done. I love her, but my hormones are still adjusting I might hurt her if she keeps on.

Sorry about hte major rant, just had to vent. DH is out tonight with the guys and I'm about to scream. Thanks for listening.
Oh poor you. You MUSNT listen to your gram. I know they were tough old birds in her day but they also had a lot of stuff wrong with them that they didnt know how to deal with. My doc told me the full recovery takes from 6-12 months. if you carry heavy stuff you may be doing stuff inside that you dont know about. You may bleed a bit and get adhesions and then you will have them for life and apparently they hurt badly. Please slow up - I know you have a lot to deal with but you will be better for everyone around if you get better properly.
xxx
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:30 AM
What am I stupid?

Oh goodness jlm!! Steam cleaning your carpets was something you were supposed to do BEFORE surgery!

Hopefully you're just sore and this is a reminder that you really MUST rest and relax, as hard as it is. YOU MUST !! No matter how un-invasive the procedure, you've just had MAJOR surgery.

I hope you're feeling better this morning!! If not, maybe you should call your doctor ... I think she/he is going to yell at you LOL.

Seriously, I hope you're okay. You REST today, do NOTHING!! Those are orders from your fellow hystersisters !!!

Unread 11-27-2007, 08:42 AM
What am I stupid?

To Younglady27:
Sometimes elderly people speak before they think. I bet if your Gram knew what she said hurt your feelings, she would be ashamed of herself. Also, I wonder if women who had hysts years ago, really remember their recoveries. I'm pretty sure in 5 or 10 years, we will be remembering our recoveries quite a bit different than what they really are. Let people's remarks go in one ear and out the other. You are a good soul.
C
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:01 AM
What am I stupid?

Don't you love that outdated 'walk it off' attitude? My father-in-law has that bad, and my mother-in-law to some extent.

Let it go in one ear and out the other, this time is about you and your recovery. If she persits, let us talk with her! lol ^_^

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register