Aunt Flo's last visit... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's last visit... Aunt Flo's last visit...

Unread 11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

I hope!

I'm puttin' on those jumbo pads for the last time!

I only hope she doesn't decide to sneak in one more visit early, as I'm having my TAH on Day 23.

It does concern me that my period is due only 2-5 days after my TAH. Removing a blood-swollen uterus doesn't seem like a good idea... I'll have to ask my doc about it.

One question for those of you post-op: Will the PMS edginess, headache, bloating, etc still continue after the TAH? (I'm keeping my ovaries.) If so, I'm going to continue my "Queen for the Day" bit of lounging about, watching chic-flics, doing minimal housework, etc, once a month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

The period symptoms will be gone woohoo but any symptoms from ovulation and the hormone changes that happen with ovulation might still happen . mine has lessened but still there .. good luck woohoo last period that is great news .
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

Lisaanne, Your TAH was on my 40th birthday. How 'bout that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

Aunt Flo visited me the day before my hysterectomy. For me it was a good thing so doc could see the amount of blood loss for himself. The last thing I remember was him walking into the OR and saying, "That's OK, we'll fix her up so she'll feel better." The nurses showed him how fast I was bleeding. They had changed the chuck under me twice in an hour before my surgery.
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

I never know when mine will so up anymore. I know with my luck it will be the day I go in.
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

Dear Aunt Flo was with me from April through my surgery in August, so Flo or no Flo, the surgery was on!

As for PMS, I kept my ovaries, and as a sufferer of severe PMS this was one of my biggest concerns. I'm thankful thus far (3 months post-op) that my PMS symptoms have been so minor that I haven't been able to nail down where I'm at in my cycle at any given time. I've been extremely fortunate and hope that will continue!

Good luck to you - keep us posted!

(P.S. I kissed Auntie Flo goodbye on Aug 21, and haven't missed that old biddy for so much as a split second!!)
Unread 11-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

I had my hysterectomy in August (24th)

I had Miss flo visit me for about 3 months before.....

I had a TVH and keep my ovaries.....

I really can't say that I've had any PMS symptoms...I never knew exactly were I was in my cycle anyway, but I definately can say that I not experiencing any of those symptoms now....

Hope you will be as LUCKY as some of ther rest of have!!!
Unread 11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

I am having everything taken out at once. My daughter is hoping that the PMS will go away. She asked just the other day how long it was until I get HRT.
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

Wow - thanks for all the support and info!

emt2005, my daughter, 20, is wanting me to totally stop having PMS as well. When I told her that I might be a little "hormonal" since I was keeping my ovaries, she suggested I have them out... She's a moody one herself, so we sometimes clash...

Seeing how many of you were bleeding right up (and on) to the OR table, I feel much better about it myself.
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Aunt Flo's last visit...

I just had my last period and I jumping up and down happy. My only worry is that I will be having mine around ovualtion time. I almost always get a cyst and I am so afraid that he will take my right ovary. I am praying that I ovulate from my left side this month.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register