Embarrassing Question About Discharge - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Embarrassing Question About Discharge Embarrassing Question About Discharge

Unread 12-06-2007, 07:39 AM
Embarrassing Question About Discharge

I think the problem with me is I feel so time crunched, like the Dr. feels like he has spent his time with me and he almost is dismissive, I realized recently that a Dr. is more of a scientist of the body and sometimes I am the test tube,because of all our differences it boggles them to so they just state they will order more tests if time doesn't clear the issues. Maybe I put to much pressure on them to have all the answers, I just don't know anymore. I just keep my faith and talk lovingly to my body and try to get my mind off of the strangeness of my body (when I catch myself) the anxiety does not promote positive feelings, but alas I am so very human. I begged the doc for more hormones but he said to wait for 2 more weeks, boy do I hate that word ---wait. I feel like I got all my periods in a few short weeks with this surgery,I feel like a "lady in waiting or is it wanting" to feel balanced again so that I can truly act like a "punctured princess".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 07:40 AM

I think the problem with me is I feel so time crunched, like the Dr. feels like he has spent his time with me and he almost is dismissive, I realized recently that a Dr. is more of a scientist of the body and sometimes I am the test tube,because of all our differences it boggles them to so they just state they will order more tests if time doesn't clear the issues. Maybe I put to much pressure on them to have all the answers, I just don't know anymore. I just keep my faith and talk lovingly to my body and try to get my mind off of the strangeness of my body (when I catch myself) the anxiety does not promote positive feelings, but alas I am so very human. I begged the doc for more hormones but he said to wait for 2 more weeks, boy do I hate that word ---wait. I feel like I got all my periods in a few short weeks with this surgery,I feel like a "lady in waiting or is it wanting" to feel balanced again so that I can truly act like a "punctured princess".
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:59 PM

Just two things to this: 1) would you let your mechanic get away with that? or the sales lady at Bath & Body Works? Don't let your doctor get away with it (and I'm the boss of a group of docs, so I can tell you that you really shouldn't). You're supposed to have questions. But, look at it this way. That's why you hired him or her - and that's EXACTLY what you did! You hired them to do the job. Make sure they finish it.

On the second note, though, you said something very interesting. When you distract yourself, the "weird" things happening in your body seem to go away a little (sorry if I'm misinterpreting this). I would say that healing is still about balance and if you focus on something too much, you'll find all sorts of things "wrong." Our minds are extremely powerful. We can talk ourselves into or out of almost anything. So, you may also want to shift your focus just a little. This would give you, perhaps, a little less anxiety and maybe things would clear up as your doctor promised.

However, please don't think I'm going back on my first thought - he does work for you and you have a right to ask all you want. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:57 AM

Yes, Doctors have busy schedules (especially the good ones).
Yes, Doctors have $$$ invested in themselves, so their time is valuable.

But, NO - their time is no more valuable than yours, particularly if you are hurting. It is their job to heal you. It is your job to get one who will, if they don't. This self-absorbed so-and-so is not deserving of your business. You deserve care, you deserve answers, and you are ENTITLED to them! That said - the doctor can't answer questions you don't ask, and he is busy, and will go on his merry way unless you stop him and make him make himself understood.

If you don't get the answers or explanations you need to put you at peace, then at that point you can only blame yourself. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, and I know changing doctors can be a giant pain. But as the previous poster said, this guy (or gal) works for you - and if he is not doing his job, fire him and get another one.
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:03 AM

I appreciate the encouragement, I used to be a medic in the Air Force so Dr.s and I go a long way back. I have been privy to listening to them complain about patients and also privy to more medical knowledge, which doesn't help when I have no medical expertise is Hysts and hormones, so I have enough knowledge to give me anxiety and not enough to feel educated. So I've decided to hit the books again and research this and I will bring my nurse pratitioner on board, she had her thesis on ovary removal printed in a medical jounal and she is very caring and devoted to women and their medical care. I think one of the biggest things in all this is knowing that someone cares that has medical knowledge, I mean someone that cares about if you are doing well in the holistic sense of the way, because this is one of the most personal things I have gone through and I will take ,I mean take more of my Dr.'s time next appointment and demand more answers, if that is to no avail I will find another Gyn Dr. thank you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register