Vivelle Dot Hormone Patch Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle Dot Hormone Patch Question Vivelle Dot Hormone Patch Question

Unread 11-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Vivelle Dot Hormone Patch Question

I just decided to try the patch again...I had a skin reaction with the generic estradiol patch and my doctor gave me a couple boxes of these to see if perhaps the glue wasn't as bad.

I am amazed...I opened up the directions and then opened the little pouch thing they encase them in and this thing is TINY! It is smaller than a dime - I had to look IN the pouch to make sure it wasn't still in there. The other one I used was huge compared to this one - hopefully I won't have a reaction this time.

My question is that the instructions say to put it on the abdomen (the other one I used said backside or abdomen), making sure there are no cuts, rashes, etc., on your skin. The only thing I am concerned about is that I have all these horrid stretch marks from my pregnancies on my belly. Their website doesn't address this at all and I figured I'd ask here in case anyone else had any problems/no problems doing the same.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 06:37 PM

I put it on my stretch marks.
By the way, I just noticed you're in Alabama. Me too! What part are you in? I'm in NW corner.
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:28 PM

I go around with mine My dr said I could put it on back side so I just rotate. You probably should ask before you put it on back side though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmchicks
I put it on my stretch marks.
By the way, I just noticed you're in Alabama. Me too! What part are you in? I'm in NW corner.

I am in the Montgomery area...wish I had a friend here, been here 17 years and I'm social as anything and have absolutely no friends. Seems everyone has relatives or friends they have and you can't break into their "circle of friends" - I have no clue what that is about. All my friends are online hundreds/thousands of miles away and altho it's nice to talk to them it's just not the same as face-to-face contact.

And when I came out surgery they had put one of the patches on my chest. When I filled the prescription after taking the patch off about a week later, it clearly states "Do NOT put patch on your chest area"...sooooo you got me how much damage it did, if it did any. You'd figure they'd know - maybe they wanted it where they knew I'd see it so I wouldn't leave it on for days and days and days...who knows.
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:54 AM

Hi NPWriter
I started out wearing the patch on my tummy because the dose was a little strong for me. I have eventually switched it to my back side because my needs changed and you get a little better absorbency there. I'm not sure if stretch marks make any difference, but I would guess not. The estrogen should absorb through the skin in any case.
's, Rita
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:41 AM

Hi all! I'm originally from Alabama too (very southern part), but now live in Florida. Hello to all you Alabama folks!
I was getting ready to post to ask a question about the patches too, but did a search and found ya'll! I'm on the Vivelle Dot patch too (I think the dose is .075?, but I'd have to look to be sure). My patch is about the size of quarter, but it is rectangular shaped. Anyway, the question that I have is HOW DO YOU GET THAT YUCKY RESIDUE OFF when you take the old one off to replace it??? Seems everything I've tried does no good. The only way that really works is for me to just rub it off, but with all the rubbing that I have to do, I end up with sore, red skin! Yucko!!
As far as all the other discussion on this thread:
I had a different patch in the hospital after my surgery....it was HUGE! I was so relieved to see the tiny, clear patches that my doctor gave me later!
As far as stretch marks...yep, I have those too. I just stick it on over them.
As far as where to put it...I was told by my doctor to ONLY put it on my abdomen, and just to make sure that I didn't put it on the same spot twice in a row. So I just put them on from one side to the next, and sometimes change up and just put it in the middle somewhere. I also try to put it higher and lower, alternating each time. I just try to get a different spot each time! But I would suggest you ask your doctor and do what he/she says. Every individual is different, and I have found that some doctors prescribe medicines to be used or taken differently from what the inside packets suggest. The doctor should know you best, and so you should do what they say. There are no silly questions to them!..that's what they get paid to do and better safe to ask than be sorry!
But if I don't find an easy, effective way of removing the glue I'm going to look like a piece of art with all the little residue lines that are always on me! There's little sillohettes of rectangles all over, or, red, irritated, rubbed skin! Hard to feel sexy this way! (but it 's hard to feel sexy at 50 sometimes, especially with "swelly belly" and not having my old energy back yet! HELP!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register