Bad hospital stay - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bad hospital stay Bad hospital stay

Unread 11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Bad hospital stay

Oh I am so sorry about this, it is total crap!!!! They are there for you and in return thet get their paychecks, so in a perfect world everyone wins. But since we are not in a perfect world thats why they have people to report these things to. That is nothing short of patient neglect!!! Get mad and start screaming until someone listens. We love ya and you are in our prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Bad hospital stay

Does your dr. know that you had NO pain meds for this long and not allowed to even have ice chips. That is almost barbaric. These are absolute priorities. No one should ever have to go without pain meds post op. Especially post op major surgery that is just insanity!!! You must complain to your dr. and to a patient advocate!! If you do not feel you can please have your dh do it. I dont know how you went without pain meds, I would have been on the phone from my bedside calling my dr. demanding that he do something!! I hope that things are better today and that you get to the bottom of this and that you are feeling better soon. Sorry for the dispicable teatment you have received.
Unread 11-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Bad hospital stay

do not wait until tomorrow -- call the DR

NOW

Unless for some reason that you can not take pain meds-- they need to get on top of this now --
this is not helping your recovery.

You need to contact the admistration board to the hospital and tell them what is going on

get names and times so that they can verify who was on duty --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Bad hospital stay

I also had horrible nursing care. I waited until I got home and then called the director of nursing to complain. I let her know that I thought my trip back to the ER was fully the fault of the nurses and I gave her the facts I felt supported that. Well, they must have been able to verify my facts because last Friday, they called me to let me know they would be paying my ER bill. Did it fix that they treated me horribly - no, but I know (well hope) that in the future they show more diligence and care.

Good luck and hugs!!

Starbgirl
Unread 12-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Bad hospital stay

Just curious if anyone else had a BAD hospital stay or am I the only one? The care I received was non-existent, my pain was horrible and it never got below a 5 on the pain scale. When I called for a nurse, the voice would come back "let me see if I can find her" (I pictured her standing outside in the parking lot smoking). No one would show, I'd have to call back 45 minutes later. The whole stay was total frustration like that. When you are in pain, the last thing you need is to wait 45 minutes for anything.

My IV ran dry twice, I was moved to the side of the bed and left alone for hours, (had to call DH at home to come help me up) I got no solid food, they wouldn't allow me ice chips, they had no shampoo or towels but wanted me to take a shower. At nighttime when I would call for pain meds, nobody would show up. Hours later the nurse would come in and say "oh, remember, I came to give you meds, but you didn't WANT any". WHAT?? I knew it was to cover up the fact that she never came at all. I wouldn't see a nurse for 5 hours at a time. It was a horrible nightmare and it's been 3.5 weeks now and I just haven't been able to get it out of my mind. I've never been so scared in all my life!

On a brighter note, my recovery has been stellar and maybe that's suppose to counterbalance the rotten hospital stay?
Unread 12-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Bad hospital stay

Hi MsDee2!

It's great to hear that you are having a stellar recovery! I hope that, with time, the negative memories of your hospital stay will fade. It's a shame that your treatment was inadequate, and let's hope that you never have a similar experience again.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 12-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Bad hospital stay

So sorry to hear of your hospital stay........doesnt sound very nice.....

Wonder if they are like my hospital and sends out an opinion survey of your stay afterwards??

Mine got rave reviews from me..well, except for the lady who stuck the IV in me....she wasnt too pleasant and made me very nervous(only time I cried in the hospital)
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Bad hospital stay

I also had a bad stay because of inadequate care that I believe ultimately lead to a second trip to the ER. I called and complained and the hospital is paying my ER bill. I didn't ask for that but I was glad they did. Just calling them made me feel better to get if off my chest.

I looked in the little handbook they gave me at pre-op and it had the directions for calling in a complaint. Maybe you should do that - one to feel better but also so they don't treat someone else like that. That was my main reason for complaining.

Good Luck - and sorry you also had a bad experience.

Starbgirl
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Bad hospital stay

I agree. You should definately call the hospital and let them know. I would also be sure your dr. knows about the experience. Sometimes the drs. can get results that patients can't.
Unread 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Bad hospital stay

I actually had to tell my Dr at my post op appt how awful the care was at my hospital as well. I definately think you should speak to someone. To leave you without pain meds after a major surgery is a disgrace! I am so sorry that you went through that. I know I woke up scared (TG DH was there), so being scared, in pain and ignored is inexcusable!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register