2 Week Post-0p Check up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Week Post-0p Check up 2 Week Post-0p Check up

Unread 11-28-2007, 02:07 PM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

Hello Ladies,
My two week post-op check up is tomorrow and I was curious if I would be getting a pelvic exam. I am a little nervous about it as I'm not sure that I am ready for that just yet. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 02:40 PM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

Don't know what kind of surgery you had. At my two week checkup, the staples were removed from my vertical incision for TAH/BSO but no physical exam. That pleasure comes next Monday at my four week checkup. If you do have staples, don't worry it doesn't hurt when they are removed. After they removed staples, they put on those steristrips that are supposed to be left on until they come off or your next appt. at which time they will remove them.

Tammy

TAH/BSO
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

Thanks for the reply Tammy. I had a vaginal Hysterectomy removing my Cervix and Uterus. They left my tubes and ovaries as the doctor said my ovaries were too deep and she would have to do a lot of cutting to get them out. I was a little concerned about that given that ovarian cancer is the hardest to detect. I am also a little concerned about my appointment tomorrow. I imagine that if you are not supposed to have sex for six weeks that they would not be examining me with that cold steel clamp!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 02:51 PM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

I'll let you know what happens when I go to my four week check-up. Not looking forward to the "cold steel clamp"!
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:57 PM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

Thanks Tammy! I also wish you all the very best for your recovery.
God Bless!
Unread 11-28-2007, 03:41 PM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

HI two rivers,

You and I had the same type of surgery TVH. I also kept my ovaries. I don't think that at the 2wk post op you will be having a vaginal exam due to the fact that NOTHING is supposed to be up there and I'm sure that includes metal instruments and doctors hands!!! If you had any repairs done, ie, anterior or posterior or bladder sling repairs I doubt very highly that your exam will entail an internal check. If I'm not mistaken my doctor told me that that would be done at my 6wk post op. Since our surgery involved internal stuff pretty unlikely. I think for you and I this will be a "how are things going" and what you will be released to be able to do and not do. My appt is tomorrow and I can't wait!!! I hope all goes well at your pre-op but remember to still take it easy and follow doctors orders. You may feel like doing more but you need to remember that you have just had MAJOR surgery and your little body needs to heal correctly.

Bobbie In Idaho
TVH, anterior repairs w/TOT bladder sling and kept the O's!
Unread 11-28-2007, 03:52 PM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

Hi Bobbie in Idaho,
Wow, besides having almost identical surgeries, we also had it on the same day. Thanks for the info, I was hoping to hear something along those lines. I am trying very hard to be good. I feel alright so I am probably doing more than I should be. I got in trouble a few days ago by lifting something that was too heavy. My body told me immediately that I had done something wrong, plus my husband could tell by the look on my face and sent me right to bed (I was sent to my room at 48 LOL). I had a little bleeding but other than that I think I am okay. Will definately be finding out tomorrow. I too wish you all the best in your pre-op and in your recovery.
Trish in California
TVH
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:59 AM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

Hi, I had a TVH on the 8th of November, a week later had to go to the doc for I thought I was bleeding too much, I wasn't...but he did use the steel clamp in there, it was uncomfortable but not much pain. Good luck tomorrow at your appointment...my doc didn't want to see me until 6 weeks was up...is it normal to go before that???
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:31 PM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

Quote:
Originally Posted by two rivers
Thanks for the reply Tammy. I had a vaginal Hysterectomy removing my Cervix and Uterus. They left my tubes and ovaries as the doctor said my ovaries were too deep and she would have to do a lot of cutting to get them out. I was a little concerned about that given that ovarian cancer is the hardest to detect. I am also a little concerned about my appointment tomorrow. I imagine that if you are not supposed to have sex for six weeks that they would not be examining me with that cold steel clamp!!!
I had the same surgery as you but they did remove my ovaries and tubes as well. Anyway at my 2 week appt. she didn't do full pelvic exam, but she is insert her finger I guess to make sure everything felt right. She said I was healing.

I was that uncomfortable, she wasn't 'in there" for more than a few seconds.

Good luck,
Barri
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:43 PM
2 Week Post-0p Check up

at my 2 week checkup.I was bleeding and the doctor did examine me,but only to stop the bleeding.He did do the finger part to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register