5 days after TAH/BSO can't stop crying... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days after TAH/BSO can't stop crying... 5 days after TAH/BSO can't stop crying...

Unread 11-29-2007, 07:02 AM
5 days after TAH/BSO can't stop crying...

Good Morning sisters... had my surgery sat... m so happy to be home.. pain is sometimes a little out of control.. but mostly manageable....what's getting to me the most are the hotflashes and I can't seem to stop crying... I am about to start again... I know that all is out of whack with the ovaries gone.. but this is making me nuts..I see my doctor on Dec 11. am not on any hormone treatment yet... any advice in the interim?? zanner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 07:06 AM

I had my tah (left ovaries) on 11/26 and am in the process of crying right now. Just called the doctor and they told me was normal. Said sometimes anethesia could do this. I know we are in different boats, yours is hormonal, but I think mine may be too! We can cry together!
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:09 AM

Zanner,
I kept my ovaries when I had my TVH, though I did have a few days of rollercoaster (to put it mildly) emotions and a few hot flashes. Just wanted to send you a BIG , and it WILL get better! Call your doc if things are that out of sync for you. Take care...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 07:09 AM

Okay we can cry together... I see you are georgia girl... I lived in Alpharetta for ten years... Moved here 3+ years ago... I hope you start to feel better soon too... we can be the sobbing sisters:-) zanner
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:20 AM

Absolutely! Live in Ga all my life--in Hiram right now. I work in a middle school as a parapro and one the teachers I assist has a degree in Latin and knows all the root word meanings. Thought this might give you a giggle--when I googled Hyster- the meaning is--are you ready---

womb, neurotic disorder!!

LOL!!

Big Hugs to you! Hope your day is getting better!

diane

ps--I agree with others--Dec 11 is too far away! I would call today as well!
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:21 AM

If I were you I would call my Dr. office and insist on hormones now. Estrigen will stop the hot flashes or at least slow them down. I use Primrin. I started them the day I came off the resporator. I also use Progesterone cream. The cream keeps my emotions under control. I had both ovaries removed.

I hope that you can get some help today.

Keep in touch.
Joyce
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:39 AM

Thanks to you all for being here!!!! Sisternumber3 (Diane) thanks for a laugh!! Did love Georgia...found and adopted my precious daughter there... Java Jane...lived in Colorado Springs 1970-76...I was born in Boulder... still have oodles of family there...I will call my doctor today and see what we can do.. my sweet husband is not quite sure what to do...we've been married 27+ years and I have always been sentimental.. but this is a little over the top... He has alway teased me when I watch " Anne of Green Gables" and every time Matthew dies I cry... he wonders if I think he might make it this time I watch it:-) Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!! Zanner
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:51 AM

Hyster is where we get the word hysterical from...long ago in the Dark Ages right up until Victorian times, the commmon wisdom was that irrational women had something wrong with their womb. It was blamed for all sorts of odd behaviors and conditions. The Greeks actually thought the uterus was prone to wander around inside your abdominal cavity and might actually strangle a woman. Knowing what we know about hormones now, it wasn't such a bad guess. This is the whole reason that vibrators were invented, btw!
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:59 AM

Oh Trixie, thanks for that!! Too bad my uterus can't go strangle someone else!HAHA! PS--zanner don't make me laugh--makes my incision hurt!

Love to all,

Diane
Unread 11-29-2007, 10:44 AM

Here's my I would recommend that you call your dr and at least get on an estrogen patch. Mine put me on it in the hospital. I had a hot flash the next morn after my TAH/BSO and one crying spell in the hospital and then got my patch and no more problems. Just some headaches but I had those before my surgery.

I hope you feel better soon!!! Do not wait until you go in to see your dr call today!!! There is no need for you to feel this bad.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register