3 yrs post op, blood in urine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 yrs post op, blood in urine 3 yrs post op, blood in urine

Unread 11-29-2007, 07:23 AM
3 yrs post op, blood in urine

Hello, my Dr is checking for kidney stones because of blood in my urine. My questions is this:

I am three years post op, two years post divorce and 4 months into my first physical relationship since both; I am using an Estring which I remove before relations as it is uncomfortable without a cervix to hide behind! Is bleeding with UTI's a norm post hyst?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 08:25 AM

It's funny because I just had this come up yesterday. From what I understand blood in the urine after post-op is not normal. I am only three weeks post-op and they found white blood cells in my urine and said it was a UTI. I was having pain in my kidneys that almost sent me to the ER and they were looking for red blood cells in my urine to indicate possible kidney stones, and sent me for a ultrasound yesterday. They did not say anything normal about blood in urine after hyst. From what they are saying white blood cells indicates your body is fighting infection but actually red blood in urine can indicate kidney stones. They seem to want to get that fixed right away and never said that red bleeding in urine is normal since I had a hyst. I do wonder how many of our sisters have problems with kidney stones and kidney infections after hyst????
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:14 AM

UTI's are normal when it's been a while since sexual activity and you've recently started up again. It's like being a teenager all over again!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 11:58 AM

Hi Seemstome
I agree with what has been said, and just want to add that blood in the urine can be very normal with a uti. I've had several that were that way. For me, the infection was raging and I had no doubt there was a bladder infection by the time it got to that point. I had just put off seeing a dr for some dumb reason.

I hope you can find answers soon. Do you have symtoms of a bladder infection? It seems the dr would have immediately ruled that out. Let us know what you find out. I hope you feel better soon.
's, Rita
Unread 12-01-2007, 10:42 PM

Is this blood you can see - or is it microscopic? I always (at least 20 years I know about) have blood in my urine (not where you can see it) and have been to a urologist who says that if you took 10 people off the street...probably 2 of them would have it without any other problems happening. I've also heard that if you have blood in your urine, it's not normal. Of course any visible blood would not be normal.

Here is a site which addresses blood in the urine:

Blood In Urine

Hope you are okay.
Unread 12-10-2007, 03:33 PM

I am having the same problem I did have white blood cells in urine with infection of kidney, that I know is normal . However red blood cells for a while now. Mention of tumors in bladder is what they will look for next if after this last round of anti biodics doesnt get rid of the blood. I can not see it. But now I myself am scared. Has anyone else had this I had my hyst. in 2002...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register