has anyone else had a pelvic mass? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

has anyone else had a pelvic mass? has anyone else had a pelvic mass?

Unread 11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
has anyone else had a pelvic mass?

Hi, everyone!
I have not been online for a long time. I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy in July 2004. In the last few months I have had some pain in the left and lower part of my abdomen. Then one day while I was at the office working I started having to run to the bathroom a lot thought it was too much fluid because I retain a lot. Then I started bleeding when I would urinate. The bleeding started at 4:30pm and I went to the hospital and by 8:30 PM they had be do a urine sample and it looked like blood drawn from my arm!. After a few hours it stopped on its own. They said in the ER that I had a kidney and Urinary track infection and a kidney stone. They started me on a lot of anitbotics. Two days later for a followup I went to my family Dr whom I have great confidance in. He said I did not have ANY infection and the stone has not moved in years. He then put me thru a lot of tests. I went to a urologist and had a cystiscope done because they thought it might be bladder cancer. Then it came back good. When they ran a CT and then a vaginal and abdomial ultrasounds they found a fluid filled mass in the pelvic area between the badder and the rectum. They also have found a small node on the right lower lobe of the lung. I now have to go back to the James cancer hospital in Columbus Oh. Has anyone else had this or heard of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Sorry I can't give you any specific info. Hopefully the cancer hospital will answer your questions. There are other tests that can be done and being in the hands of a gynie/oncologist is the best. Hope this all turns out benign and you have nothing to worry about. Good luck.
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:49 PM

I had a recurrance of cervical cancer a mass was near my bladder , the tumor was on a ligamint and was removed, but it is not the same as your mass i am quite sure....good luck with everything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 11:11 PM

Sorry, I don't have any info concerning the mass . . . I've been doing some research on lung nodules, though, because I currently have a new one mid-left lung. From what I've read, nodules in the lower parts of the lungs are more likely to be benign than ones in the upper portions. Hopefully, this will turn out to be the case in your situation.

Hugs and prayers to you!!!

monami
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:46 AM

Dear Dessie,
I have not had anything like that. My pelvic mass was my OvCa. Hugs. I hope all goes well at James Cancer Center. Please keep us updated.
Bertha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register