Lower pelvic pain 7 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lower pelvic pain 7 weeks post-op Lower pelvic pain 7 weeks post-op

Unread 11-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Lower pelvic pain 7 weeks post-op

Hi everyone!I'm seven weeks post-op and started having these pulling, stabbing type pelvic pains low on both sides of my pelvis this week. I started back to work last Tuesday, but so far have only worked 4 days (2days on at a time). I also have been very bloated and swollen in the lower abdomen by the end of the day, which I know is normal. I've taken the last two days to just mainly rest since I've been off, but it seems like anytime I do any type of activity the pain comes back. I haven't had any discharge or bleeding. I'm thinking this is probably muscular or ligament pain since I also had a bladder suspension done, along with the TVH. Any suggestions to help ease this. I feel silly calling the doctor, but this is starting to worry me a bit. I'll be starting back to my regular work schedule starting this weekend so I'll be on my feet even more. Thanks for any suggestions that you may have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Lower pelvic pain 7 weeks post-op

I've been wondering the same and I'm 10 weeks post op. I was pain free from week 5-9 and then I overexerted myself with Thanksgiving dinner prep and cleaning. For a week now I have felt pressure down there, crampiness, pulling in the groin and tired legs. Swelly belly came back after disappearing for a couple of weeks. I'm thinking it is also ovulation in my case that may cause some symptoms. I haven't really rested since then and have to do so this weekend. I'm also not looking forward to calling my doc because I feel she'll just tell me to rest.
After this weekend if I'm not back to feeling great I will call the doc Monday.
I don't think you have anything to really worry about since we truly are healing still. I recall my 6 week appt where I was told to expect on/off pain for 6 months.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register