Post-op intimacy question, for those who had repairs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op intimacy question, for those who had repairs Post-op intimacy question, for those who had repairs

Unread 11-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Post-op intimacy question, for those who had repairs

I am a little embrassed to ask this but I am wondering if anyone can tell me how it felt for the husband the first time you had intercourse after the surgery.

I am only 2 weeks post op but am worried it won't feel right to him and that he won't enjoy it.

I am also worried about the reconstructive surgery the doctor did down there. I was very tight prior to the surgery and hope that the doctor didn't repair me too tight or too loose either.

thanx for any help you can provide.
I hope i didn't embrass anyone and that I put this in the right area of the website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 11:12 AM

Hi wondering, glad to hear your doing well. My dr. cleared us for sex just shy of 5 weeks. the first time was a little tense for both of us. He was really afraid of hurting me & a little gun shy. I was a bit tender, but ooohh it felt so good! Each time it got better, it was like being a virgin again! we've talked about this alot, both before & after. I asked him point blank, can you feel a difference, he said no. It is a little different for me, not bad just different & he still has the same enjoyment he has always had. I hope this helps. I know how you feel, I felt the same way before we got the green light.
keep healing well & remember to pamper the princess. don't be afraid to ask these questions, this is a place you can come with out fear & ask the most intimate details of recovery & rediscovering yor sex life. there are lots of ladies willing to share. Just ask & you'll see, we are here to help.
Unread 11-30-2007, 05:41 PM

HI - Had my first intimate moment yesterday! I was more nervous than he was - I wasn't very relaxed - he said it felt the same to him - it didn't hurt but it was uncomfortable for me - probably because I was anxious! I wasn't hugely aroused to begin with.

I had a very small bloody discharge initially but nothing now.

We'll see if it gets better as time goes by!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 05:58 PM

My physician made me wait for 12 weeks before we were allowed to resume intercourse. I experienced no complications post surgery, but she wanted to make sure that everything was well healed. I was very worried that it might hurt or be sensitive the first time and hubby was worried about hurting me. Fortunately that wasn't the case. Hubby and I both very much enjoyed ourselves and there was zero pain or discomfort. I was also a little worried that things might feel different for hubby, but he said it felt no different than it did before my hysterectomy. No need to feel embarrassed asking that question as I am sure that just about every one of us wondered about the same thing.
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:06 AM

Thanx for all your honesty. I really appreciate it. It makes a world of difference being able to ask these questions and have people share their experiences.

I still won't get the all clear for another 6 weeks but at least I know what to expect for both of us.
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:30 AM

My DH tells me that it feels no different to him and his only concern was getting caught up in a stitch!!

Now, 4 monthts on, things feel better than they ever have and it's like someone turned on a switch or something - can't get enough!!!

Unread 12-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Thanx for the help. Glad things are better in that department.
Unread 12-04-2007, 04:14 PM

We waited 9 weeks as I had bleeding/discharge for 8 1/2 weeks. Similar story as the other ladies - little tender at first but that didn't last. Now things are better than ever.

I understand your anxiousness - it was a relief to get that "1st time" overwith so we knew everything still worked!

Take care of yourself!
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:12 PM

Here is an answer from the other side. The first time post op (4 months) was extremely painful for me, and I am pretty tolerant of pain. I am glad all the other posters had little or no problems, but I have to admit I am reluctant to engage right now because this was not a feel good moment for me. I have no hormones so that also causes loss of libido, dryness etc. Luckily, I can be close and intimate with my husband in other ways so I don't feel some idiotic pressure to do something that will take some time to adjust to. After experiencing the surgery and the possibility of having ovarian cancer the last thing my husband or I think about is whether sex will "feel the same for him". My goodness, he is just happy that I am alive and healthy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register