back pain anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back pain anyone? back pain anyone?

Unread 11-30-2007, 04:43 PM
back pain anyone?

I am 2 weeks post op today. I have been experiencing a lot of lower back pain. Has anyone else had this. How long does it last?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 06:07 PM
You are not alone

My back pain started at two weeks and I still have some problems with backpain at 4 weeks. I do notice it gets better with walking but then I get sore in abdominal area from walking. The more you get moving around I think the better you will feel. Although check with dr, since my lower back pain was also from a UTI along with lack of movement from healing.
Unread 11-30-2007, 06:25 PM
back pain anyone?

I will be 6 weeks tuesday. My back started hurting at about 2 wks out also. Lower back and hips both sides. Hard to stand and walk and rolling over in bed was cause for a loud "owwwwwl". Was finally able to go to chiropractor today. After talking to him, all makes sense. We also talked about estrogen replacment causing si joints to relax more, just like when pregnant being the cause of some of it. I need to work on strenghtening abs to orginal before surgery. Not used much after surgery and get lazy quick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 06:47 PM
back pain anyone?

I notice that the more im up doing things and walking around it gets worse. Ive been using the heating pad alot which seems to help a bit.
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:43 PM
back pain anyone?

Yep, my back was aching at two weeks post-op too. My Dr. said it was because the back muscles are compensating for the tummy muscles. Makes sense to me. But getting up and moving around helps some as long as I don't overdo it. When it gets really bad, I lie down and put a heating pad under me while lying flat with knees elevated with a pillow. This seems to help the most.

Of course, if I'm really hurting - I'll take a pain pill and drink some calming tea...
Unread 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
back pain anyone?

rockgal-
Sorry to hear about your problem.
I had bad back pain even in the hospital!
Went for massage because I didn't feel up to chiropractics. My therapist told me that some of the pain was from just being "handled" during surgery.
An added bonus: the back muscle pain was in places being sent to nerves in my front.
My chiro won't do me till I'm 10 weeks, so I am glad that after only a couple of sessions of massage the pain went away.
Oh, yeah--the heating pad was a GREAT relief, too!
Hope this helps!

tw
Unread 12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
back pain anyone?

Yes, I've got back pain as well. I think it's from spending all this time on my back. The only comfortable position the last few days has been semi-reclined with a pillow under my knees. This goes for laying on the couch and sleeping, so I think all my weight it pressing into my lower back and hips. I get up and walk around as much as possible and that seems to work out the kinks. I tried to sleep on my side last night...NO WAY...felt like the left incision was going to pop open after about 20 minutes. I think the best remedy is to keep up with the anti-inflamatory drugs, massage as needed, and move when you can.
Unread 12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
back pain anyone?

I am still sleeping on my reclining couch four weeks after surgery. Lying on my side for very long is miserable. I finally slept in my bed this past Friday night and woke up hurting everywhere (I sleep on my side). Won't try that again for a while. As far as back pain, I have days that are worse than others. It seems to gradually be getting better, but I went back to church for the first time today and left with the worst backache! Needless to say, I didn't make it back tonight. Sitting upright in even a well cushioned chair for well long leaves me desperate for some form of pain relief. I just try to remind myself that this too shall pass.

Wishing you a speedy and complication free recovery!
Unread 12-07-2007, 09:29 AM
back pain anyone?

I have never been happier than to see this topic discussed - I feel the back pain is worse than the abdominal, and as some say, walking it out then makes the tummy hurt - just feel like it's never going to get better but I know I must be more patient - knowing that others are experiencing this back pain makes it feel a little better already!! Thank you (as I sit grimacing in pain - agh!)
Unread 12-07-2007, 09:32 AM
back pain anyone?

I think for me, my lower back pain was due to laying around so much (like we have a choice in the matter, right???)

Even when I came back to work, I'd get back pain...but this time it was right between the shoulder blades...I have no idea why.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register