back pain anyone? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back pain anyone? back pain anyone?

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:19 PM
back pain anyone?

Hi...Yes, I am 10 days post op and have noticed a mild discomfort in my lower back that started about 2 - 3 days ago. I thought I may have lifted something wrong? but after all the posts, It may just be part of the "post op recovery" : )) Hope you begin to feel better soon and get stronger each day......Blessings to You....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:14 PM
back pain anyone?

Back pain is almost worse than anything else. I have had pain since before the TVH on the 30th. I did end up in the ER on day two for a Retro Peritenial Hemotoma (spelling??) which is a pool of blood that collected near my kidney. Very painful, lots of nerve endings, but getting better. I will probably need another CT scan next week to make sure the blood is being absorbed. That on top of the regular pain from sitting/lying around for the last week.

I don't want to scare anyone. It is unusual and probably the best outcome, the Dr. thought my kidney was nicked and I would need emergency surgery to repair.

Best wishes to everyone! A toast to all we are going through and to the best results for the future!!
Julie
Unread 12-08-2007, 10:44 PM
back pain anyone?

i had my surgery 12/04/07 and am regretting it. my back hurts really bad and since im a stomach sleeper...im miserable. im also afraid to release my bladder or maybe it just hurts to...does that make sense? I had everything but one ovary removed and had a rectocele fixed. im not sure if its the emotions of all this but i find myself crying for no reason. i had no pain previously but my doctor recommended it because of a huge cyst i had on my right ovary. will i ever survive this? i know....im usually not this wimpy!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:01 AM
back pain anyone?

My back, stomach, and chest will hurt every now and then. I take a pain pill, a hot shower, and lie down and wait for it to pass.

I think I'll try a massage and heat pad from now on though, lol ^^
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:56 AM
back pain anyone?

bonnie71-

You sound like you are feeling low.
I regretted it, too, for the first few weeks. It was very demoralizing for me because I am in very good shape and have always been able to count on my body.
It was surprising and disappointing for me because I had bounced right back from my three c-sections.
I couldn't read my best support, my Bible, because my eyes were bleary from the pain meds.
I am just beginning to see that it WAS the right decision to do this.
Hope you will soon feel that way too!

Hang in there!
Best wishes for your recovery.

tw
Unread 12-09-2007, 07:42 AM
back pain anyone?

My lower back started ache while I was still in the hospital, despite pain meds. It helped to lie flat on my back with pillows under my legs. I also think it helps to change positions every hour or so. Do a little light walking, some sitting, & back to lying on my back with the pillows. I feel for all of you. At least we're in this together.
Unread 12-09-2007, 08:36 AM
back pain anyone?

My lower back still aches some. I still seem to have bladder pain if I let my bladder get too full. I have found that heat and some walking seems to help. I know this may sound crazy but when my back and abd seem to ache I get up and walk to the mail box then apply a heating pad when I come back inside. Our bodies respond differently and it seems that mine responds differently to different combinations as I recover.
Unread 12-10-2007, 01:46 AM
back pain anyone?

Well it does seem we are never alone in any of this pains during recovery. It has been 3 weeks since LAVH, which only leaves me with a small incision next to tubal incision, but I am an insomniac (notice post time) when I am able to sleep, I can only sleep on my stomach. My husband, who has been incredible considering he works upwards of 100hrs a week, teases me for the compensating position I have came up with to be able to sleep when I can.
I use my leg to keep the pressure off my stomach and incision, difficult to explain but it works.
This back pain is surprisingly easier to deal with than the labor like cramps I would get during my cycle. Saddly our mattress is horrible but if I lay flat on my back with my knees bent the pain subsides. Pain relievers do nothing for me, not even morphine, so I must use positioning to compensate. Makes it very interesting for the docs though.(tend to wake up in OR instead of recovery room)
I would love to be able to just hang on the couch (w/recliners) but our 3 dogs and cats tend to mall me (1 of the dogs is huge and thinks he's a lapdog) so this is not an option. Therefore I spend most of my recovery in my room, which is stocked with all necessities, (phone, TV, Laptop, tissue, cuddly bears and my cocker spaniel who will not leave my side). I am not able to safely do much walking outside, with the snow, ice and endless inclines, even in the driveway. It is driving me crazy stuck in the house. Thank God for this site, so I know I'm not the only one.
I guess I can understand why some may regret the decision to have this procedure, but personally I am thrilled to not have to EVER deal with the pain from my cycle, or have to make sure I am stocked with supplies and the suitcase in my truck for the inevitable changes of clothes. The only thing I questioned was if the decision was drastic considering it was only over the pain and annoyance of EXTREMELY prolonged menses ( 3 wks - 6 MONTHS). But after 20+ years of trying to get some relief, this is definitely the only thing that has worked for me. So I'll take the back pain that I have now and thankfully I don't return to work until April so I have plenty of time to get accustomed to my new body and all it's new quirks.
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:21 AM
back pain anyone?

Hi jconway,
I sympathize / empathize with you and all the other ladies suffering with back pain!
I have had lower back pain since my operation, which extends into my right hip and thigh.
Initially, I could only sleep on my back, which aggrevated the situation, and I could not sleep, which meant I spent a lot of time walking trying to ease the pain, but that did not help, and just made my abdominal pain worse!
Since coming home, I have been able to sleep on my side, which has helped a little, but I still have the back, hip and thigh pain.
I hope you all get relief from your pain soon.

Snowflake
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:40 AM
back pain anyone?

I had endo so have always suffered from backpain. Thanks for whoever mentioned the thermal heat packs. Mine is hurting since surgery but doesn't feel like the same pain as before. I assumed it was from surgery. I have had multiple laps for endo and always have a back ache for a couple of weeks after.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register