Our bond is stronger now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Our bond is stronger now Our bond is stronger now

Unread 12-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Our bond is stronger now

I really am the luckiest. DH has been so wonderful to me. My marriage has actually gotten better since my hysterectomy. We have found new ways of being intimate without being sexual. We have grown so close. We will be married 4 years this Christmas. We won't have clearance until the day after our anniversary. I love the way we cuddle and there's no pressure to 'preform'. He's so attentive to my needs. He hasn't complained about the housework, calls me from work to check on me, makes sure I'm comfy and have everything I need before he leaves, and cooks all my favorite foods. He even invested in lots of sugar free chocolates for me. He's genuinely concerned about my recovery. He's the best husband in the world and I love him very much. I just wish he didn't have to work 12 hour days, 7 days a week right now. That will last up to Christmas, then he will be working 8 hours, 5 days again. I sure miss him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Our bond is stronger now

Wow, that's really terrific. I am tearing up right now - I would LOVE to have had that in my life...but I was married (am still but he's been out of the house or over a year) to a man (for 20+ years) who had absolutely not a caring bone in his body and it was always about "him".

I tell you - I watch those BBC America "Cash In the Attic" shows and when there's a couple on there, especially an older one, being so loving and caring for each other I sit here and cry.

I am a nice person - I sooooo want that. Your husband is being the way he's supposed to be...oh, now I'm crying. You are one lucky lady. I wish you continued happiness...and a speedy recovery.

Mariann
Unread 12-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Our bond is stronger now

NIXIE,

You're a lucky woman!!
I'm sure that your DH is a lucky man to have you also!
It's a bit early but HAPPY 4 th ANNIVERSARY
and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Our bond is stronger now

Thanks guys. And thanks Capemay. Merry Christmas to both of you!!!
Unread 12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Our bond is stronger now

Nixie,
That is such a beautiful thing! I love hearing about couples like you and your husband. My husband and I have been together a while and he is just as attentive to me as from the first day I met him. I had a TAH Oct. 1 (one weeks before our anniversay) and he took two week off from work to take care of me. I didn't realize how much I would appreciate that until after the surgery. I felt so helpless and he was right there and patient with me. I completely understand about feeling even closer now. When actual sex is not an option, it is so nice to be with someone who can appreciate intimacy in all ways, even just holding one another.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story about your wonderful DH!!! Happy Anniversay!
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Our bond is stronger now

Thank you so much!!
Unread 12-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Our bond is stronger now

Thank you for sharing your story. I sometimes feel bad expressing how good my marriage is because a lot of women bash their husbands so badly. I have a wonderful husband as well and he has taken excellent care of me (through the pain and tears and now the surgery). We will be celebrating our first anniversary in January and I can't imagine having gone through any of this without him. We are very lucky women and our husbands are pretty lucky too!
Unread 12-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Our bond is stronger now

DH has helped me thru years of discomfort, pain, gastric bypass, knee surgery and now hysterectomy. He has not once complained about me needing time to get better. He has put me first for so long. I wish I could think of a way to make him first this Christmas. He deserves it.
Unread 12-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Our bond is stronger now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie
I wish I could think of a way to make him first this Christmas. He deserves it.
Nixie -

Perhaps telling him just what you said in your post would do it? Or better yet...show him your post...that was heartfelt and what better testament to show how much you appreciate him than by publicly announcing it to the world like this? I know that would make me just glow inside if someone said that about me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register