Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 12-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

I had my LSH on Monday, December 3rd
I got at the hospital about 7:30 and they took me back and started my IV. That took 3 attempts. My doctor came and talked to me. The nurse put some stockings on me and they took me to the operating room. The doctor only took out my uterus and said my ovaries looked good. They did have some trouble with my heart rate in the operating room. I stayed in recovery for a while and the doctor said I could go home if I felt like. I was discharged about 6:30 that evening.
Unread 12-05-2007, 02:26 PM

I had my LSH Monday 3 December at 1:30 in the afternoon.
The procedure took around 2 hours and I spent another 2 in the recovery room. Was supposed to go home Tues morning, but wasn't able to pass gas. :-( Came home this morning and can't believe how I feel.

I am sore and moving very slowly, but really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. (I can never sleep in the hospital - too noisy) My belly is a little swollen, but not too bad. I am planning on hanging out in my pajamas for a few more days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 06:28 AM

Hello I had my hysterectomy on 12/3. We got to the hospital at 6:45am. It is funny how things go really slow and then about 20 minutes to surgery everyone starts coming in. I had the ablation done last year and I remembered everything(going into the operating room and still talking) but this time I was asleep before I was even moved.

My surgery was about 2 hrs. The dr found a small cyst on my ovary and he drained that. I was able to have the surgery completely vaginally. I was a
little dehydrated when I came out of surgery so I was on the iv and given extra whatever it is.

The nurse removed my packing and cath around 10pm. Which was nice but then I was up all night going to the bathroom, which I guess was good because I was moving around. The night nurse quit measuring when I hit the 4 liter mark.

I was able to leave the hospital around 10am the next day. In which I sleep all day long. But yesterday my back was really hurting. I feel pretty good today, everyone is gone from the house, dh has been home with me all week.

Did anyone know that there bladder would hurt so bad??? or I guess feel like it is always full.
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:09 AM

Hi all
Had TAH Dec. 4th. My doctor came in and prayed with me right before we went in and let me tell you, that did more than anything to calm me down! When she talked to my family, she told them the endometrosis was very bad - it had my uterus attached to my colon. It tore when she tried to seperate them and she called in a general surgeon to help repair it. It was not a bad tear and he just put in 3 little stitches. She said it should cause me no problems. She also said my ovary was as big as my uterus due to a cyst. I stayed in the hospital overnight and came home the next day. It felt so good to walk into my own house! Now I feel like the really hard part comes and I am grateful to have other women to talk to about my experience and to ask questions. God bless all of you who are still waiting or in recovery!
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:54 AM

Hello ladies,

I had LAVH December 4th. I checked into the hospital at 8:00 a.m., however I was second on the list for surgeries that day so I didn't end up going in until 12:30 p.m. The surgery lasted 3 hours and I was in recovery for an additional 3 hours before returning to my room due to some complications in recovery. My doctor said that the endometriosis was everywhere, however we failed to talk about what if it was found on another organ, like my appendix. He told me that because he didn't have my authorization, he couldn't remove it, or else he would of due to the amount of endometriosis on it. Yikes!! Let's hope that doesn't become a long term problem. I was released from the hospital just this morning, Dec 6th. They left my cathedar in all night on the 4th and took it out on the morning of the 5th so that I could start walking a bit.

Anyways, I'm home now and thankful. I'm in a lot of pain, but am following everyones suggestions of taking my medication on time and drinking plenty of fluids along with lots of rest. Good luck the rest of my sisters...
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:22 PM
home from the castle.....

Hello sisters, I went in on monday for my TAH with removal of ovaries. The surgery went well, I had a reaction to the morphine drip so they gave me other meds instead. I have to say the waiting was the worst part, Oh then there's the gas pains afterward. The day after the surgery I was in so much pain they removed the cath right away so I could get up and walk. I walked for over 2 hrs. they gave me gas-x and also a suppository and nothing worked. I think that was worse than the actual surgery. I am recovering well with no complications. I came home yesterday because I was doing so well. I am moving quite slowly, also my taste buds aren't quite the same. No matter what I have it just doesn't taste right. I am going monday to get the staples removed then we will discuss hrt therapy. Well good luck to all of you who have not gone through it yet. I was a nervous wreck to have this surgery but it was the best thing I could have ever done. I am so glad that I have had this website to help me. I have been talking about it to everyone I meet. It really has made the difference for me. Thank you all for all of your support.
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:17 PM

Hello everyone!

Had my Vaginal Hysterectomy w/anterior repair on 12/4/07. The surgery took a little longer, close to 3 hrs., but doctor said he just wanted to make sure he did everything perfect. I came home today about 1pm. It is good to be home. I am extremely weak, but only have mild pain. Sitting is difficult, husband went and bought a donut pillow and than helps alot. The only painful things were the removal of the vaginal packing and the catheter, otherwise, things went extremely well. Happy recovery. Thanks for the support
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:32 PM

I have just returned home from having my TAH.Surgery was wednesday and all went well, A little sore but glad to home in my own bed.Thank you for all your prayers and i will be back on in a couple of days.
Unread 12-07-2007, 01:12 AM

hi all. i had my tah on 12/3. all is well. glad to be out of "prison" i mean hospital. I was discharged Wed around 2. The doc was great I got to keep my ovaries... very little blood loss and he was happy about the surgery. Waking up Monday was rough... that night was rough. But I walked and peeed on schedule and everyone seemed suprised... (?)

I tried to get up too many times today. My arm is sore but Im getting stronger!

Thx to all the help here I was well prepared. TYVM!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register