Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 12-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

debbiesweety-i have not cheated, but have had the desire to do so. Unfortunately, teacherangel is right in pointing out that we have all had major surgery. I learned the hard way that the doctors put limits on us after surgery for a reason. I pushed it just by doing more that I was supposed to and started to bleed very badly. I have now been on bedrest for 3 days. I too had not had any spotting, discharge..up to this point and am now really paying the price. Just because you feel well does not mean that you are healed internally. In the wholeness of life, this time we are asked to heal is so short.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 10:50 AM

What a good friend you are. There could be many possible reasons that she hasn't already been in touch with you. She may have had a difficult initial recovery, she may be struggling with hormonal balance issues, her mother could have been running too much interference, who knows... But now that her mother is leaving, she's probably going to appreciate hearing from you again. Good luck!
Unread 12-16-2007, 04:12 PM

Hi all, I am 9 days out. I am feeling pretty good cept for the incisions on my upper tummy are hurting a bit today, as well as the muscle right next to them. I probably pushed it a bit this morning as I decided that a walk on the treadmill would do no harm (I previously worked out 5 days a week prior to my surgery) I guess I was wrong. oh well, the rest of today has been spent watching movies and finding/reading this great supportive website. I will know better next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 04:56 PM

Hi Frostyy -

You are such a thoughtful friend! First of all, her mother may have forgotten to mention that you called. So that could be why she hasn't called back.

Everyone recovers so differently. I was able to go to church at 2 1/2 weeks post surgery. I think I went out to lunch at 3 weeks.

I know I sure appreciated the calls and visits (and meals) from my friends. It helped me to feel cared for and connected to the outside world. But some people don't like to have anyone around when they are feeling badly.

I would call again and ask her if she is us to anything.

Your friend is blessed to have you in her life!
Susan
Unread 12-16-2007, 05:01 PM

hello, I had my 2nd surgery 12/10 due to endo. The weather was bad the morning of the 10th and I was scheduled for 7:30am. I arrived a little after 8:00 am. Even the nurses were late. When they took me into pre-op. they had trouble getting the IV into my left arm & they tried getting blood out of that arm also. They had to finally put it in my writing arm. They drew blood out of my right arm also. From all the bruises; I look like a pin-cushion. I had my surgery done at a catholic hospital (local hospital) They were poking me so much; so they could get a pregnancy test before surgery. My last child was born 13 and 1/2 yrs ago. I had a tubal and endo and was in no way able to get pregnant; but due to the tubal, hospital policy says I have to have a pregnancy test prior to surgery, because there is a 10% chance of pregnancy with tubals. The nurse finally gave up on trying to get blood from me and took some urine instead which came back negative as I told them it would. The pre-op nurses knew I could not be pregnant because of the endo, which I had for 16 yrs. (yes my 13 yr old was a miricle) Pre registration said due to my situation I didn't need the pregnancy test but at the last minute during pre-op they changed their mind due to hospital policy. They tell me I was in pre-op for 4 hrs. I don't remember leaving pre-op nor do I remember going in to recovery or talking to my dr. after surgery. I remember waking up in my hospital room and trying to turn over on my side and could not move my lower half due to a spinal block. I got anxiety from not being able to move. I was awake most the night and could not sleep; that morning when I finally went to sleep (unsure as to how long) I remember being wakened by noise outside my room. They had put me on the baby floor and my room was right across from where they kept the babies. The babies weren't to noisy, but the visitors to see the babies were so excited upon seeing the new arrivals; that they were not very quite with their excitment. It made it very hard to sleep. They drew blood from me a couple of times in my room again trying from the left and then moving to the right to make sure my numbers were up before they removed the IV. I saw the dr. the morning of the 11th, and was also released on the 11th, and was never so happy to be going home. I'm still having pains and get tired easily. but I'm happy to be home and looking forward to be pain free.
Unread 12-16-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaToo
Are people getting bills in the mail? All I can say is WOW. Today I got the "for your information" hospital bill. More than $78,000. And that doesn't include any doctor fees. I have insurance. But what if I didn't? Incredible. I was in the hospital for two nights.
I'm in the SF East Bay as well. My hosiptal bill came yesterday-$50K. I was 2 nights as well (at Alta Bates). Thank God we have insurance!! I work for the hospital so I don't pay to benefit myself, husband and 2 children....very lucky!
Unread 12-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Feeling a little better but..............

This makes one week PO for me also. But it has been a bit difficult for me. Six weeks before I had laproscopic surgery on my right ovary to remove a couple of cyst. Three weeks later I had a cyst the size of a orange come back. I have a partial hysterectomy in 2004. So I have actually be cut , major surgery for this issue 3 times. Like I said I am one week PO. I had laproscopic and total hysterectomy at the same time. They started out doing laprosc. but my ovary was barried to deep under scar tissue. So they had to cut me with 2 small incisions and 1 large bekiny cut. Three days after the surgery the incision came open. I had a hole in my stomach. Well had to go back to doctor to get fixed. The dr stated to my husband and I that the nurse took the staples out to soon. So I am trying to heal again. I must say my husband is the best I could ever have. He takes care of me like I am a queen. I love him so much. My 16 yr old son and 12 yr old daughter have been right by my side.
Unread 12-16-2007, 11:33 PM
LAVH with Robotic?

Did anyone have the help of the robotic with your LAVH? I was supposed to and the robotic malfunctioned on the case before me? I feel lucky that it didn't happen on me. My doc said it would have given him more dexterity and it would have been easier to get my left ovary out. I'm wondering if recovery would have been the same etc. I feel really good now.

stroutwoman
Unread 12-17-2007, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaToo
What a good friend you are. There could be many possible reasons that she hasn't already been in touch with you. She may have had a difficult initial recovery, she may be struggling with hormonal balance issues, her mother could have been running too much interference, who knows... But now that her mother is leaving, she's probably going to appreciate hearing from you again. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply.....yes, you mention some good points....I will try again this week to see if I can reach her....
Unread 12-17-2007, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stodd
Hi Frostyy -

You are such a thoughtful friend! First of all, her mother may have forgotten to mention that you called. So that could be why she hasn't called back.

Everyone recovers so differently. I was able to go to church at 2 1/2 weeks post surgery. I think I went out to lunch at 3 weeks.

I know I sure appreciated the calls and visits (and meals) from my friends. It helped me to feel cared for and connected to the outside world. But some people don't like to have anyone around when they are feeling badly.

I would call again and ask her if she is us to anything.

Your friend is blessed to have you in her life!
Susan

Thanks for the response. Yes, I understand that if she is not feeling well, that she probably wouldn't want anybody, other than family, around. I tried to call last night...no answer...I left a message asking if it would be okay if I came over this week.....I will try again today to see if someone answers the phone....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register