Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

hehe, i wasnt going to answer my own thread, but that night, we ALMOST cheated. My husband got half way there and felt stitches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 05:53 PM

Almost at 2 weeks and still doing well. I still am feeling better than I thought I would, so it still makes me a little nervous. Going for my check up on Wednesday.

Just received my first bill for the hospital and it was about $5000. I am thinking the total will be around $15,000, much better than $80,000. Good luck and best wishes to everyone.
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:10 PM
2 week updates

at two weeks, what kinds of activities are you all doing. My husband hasnt let me do anything but rest so far. He is wonderful. Cooks dinner, does my job and his at the business we run together (computer service company) comes home takes care of me etc... I have been out once only to lay on my best friends sofa while my husband put up an awning for my friend. He wont let me do the dishes, because he says i shouldnt be bending, I am not to make dinner because I would have to bend to get the pots and pans. Now at two weeks, I think I should be able to do a few things. I had laposcropy surgery through three holes in my belly, kept my cervix , lost ovaries and tubes. Im getting really reallty board, and I hate seeing him work so hard. Basically, what should I be able to do at this point without hurting myself. My job involves lifting computers and monitors and printers, so im guessing that probably will be awhile.

thanks, Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 07:19 PM

I went out for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday shopping with my husband. He has been great and is telling me to slow down and always willing to help. I try not to over do it, so I am just trying to listen to my body. I am not taking any pain meds or advil so when my legs or stomach start aching I know I need to slow down. Today I went and walk about 3/4 mile and came back and took a nap.
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2play
Almost at 2 weeks and still doing well. I still am feeling better than I thought I would, so it still makes me a little nervous. Going for my check up on Wednesday.

Just received my first bill for the hospital and it was about $5000. I am thinking the total will be around $15,000, much better than $80,000. Good luck and best wishes to everyone.
Where do you live? I'm guessing it's not in the USA! I'm the one with the $78k bill (before doctor fees)! And pathology fees and who knows what tomorrow's mail will bring... Luckily insurance will cover nearly all of it, but these astronomical costs underline the health care crisis we face in the US.

Best of luck for a great recovery!
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiesweety
at two weeks, what kinds of activities are you all doing. My husband hasnt let me do anything but rest so far. He is wonderful. Cooks dinner, does my job and his at the business we run together (computer service company) comes home takes care of me etc... I have been out once only to lay on my best friends sofa while my husband put up an awning for my friend. He wont let me do the dishes, because he says i shouldnt be bending, I am not to make dinner because I would have to bend to get the pots and pans. Now at two weeks, I think I should be able to do a few things. I had laposcropy surgery through three holes in my belly, kept my cervix , lost ovaries and tubes.
Hey there,

I had a TLH but I lost my cervix...so I have the vaginal cuff incision.

I am doing things....starting to go places, can drive now, etc. My doc told me to start adding activites back in to my routine, do as I feel I can, stop when I have pain, etc.

Do you feel like a zombie home all the time? I did....I was so depressed and just didn't feel like myself.

I know that since you kept your cervix, you don't have the vaginal cuff. I know some of my restrictions are because I have that dang cuff.

Of course, ask your doc, but when is your follow up?

I think you will feel better once you start to get out and about....slowly!
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:20 PM

I am feeling so much better, guys. Last night, I overdid and was so sore and achy. I think some of it is bowel and gas pain, still .Today I went to the movies with my kids, sis in law, nephew and mom. I was able to sit and watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. By the way, it is a very cute movie.

My doc released me to do what I can, but nothing in the va-jay-jay for 6-8 weeks. I am so okay with that....as I have said before, I am super scared for sex! :-)

I get to take a bath and am going to lay in it for like an hour...take my tylenol pm and go to bed later.

I am watching the Survivor finale right now!
Unread 12-17-2007, 10:21 PM

First off, I want to thank everyone on here for sharing your stories. It was a great help in having an idea of what to expect.

I work in an OR and had the luxury of hand picking the crew for my LAVH (BSO) on 12/3. I'm not sure that's such a good thing though! I was comfortable with everyone, so didn't take any Versed prior to entering the OR suite. I wasn't nervous....until everyone hovered around for comfort! I felt like I was the main course, and everyone was wanting dinner! I don't remember it, but was told later I was cracking jokes as I went off to sleep. Surgery went great, though, and I was up in my room within 3 hours. I remember sleeping away most of the day, except for the routine vitals that woke me up. The next morning, the dr came by & told me to go home. GLADLY! I got a shower, dressed, and mom picked me up in the lobby. I felt so good we went to the bread company and the grocery store on the way home! Let me tell you, NOT the thing to do! By the time I did all that, then climbed the 15 stairs to get into the house, I was worn out.

From the start, I felt like I was ready to go back to work. Last week I even snuck in and answered the phones for a couple hours (off the clock, of course, since I haven't been released yet!). This Wednesday is my postop visit. My only concern is a huge bruise around one port site. It's still as big as my hand, just changes shape. Last week it was more centered around the incision and the nurse told me that's where the doc had to grab skin for the insufflation needle. Ok, made sense. Now it's almost gone from around the incision and is more midline. I'm not sure what's going on unless I have a small bleeder under there.

Pain was never a problem in the hospital (thank you anesthesia!). I took pain pills the first couple days to ward off any potential. Now I just take one at night because of the bruise discomfort (and it helps me sleep).

Here's a tip for all you suffering BM problems and don't care for pistachios. My doc suggested a tea called Smooth Move, found in the regular tea isle. Let me tell you, it works! A cup before bed and I'm SMOOTH the next day! I've found I can only take a cup every other day or I'm smoothing all over the place.

As for the sexual urges....I've abstained for almost 6 years, and it's not been this bad in ages! I'm not sure why now, but man! So all you ladies fighting the urge.....just think 6 years, and 6 weeks won't seem that long.

Thanks again for all your advice & inspiration. You're a great bunch!

Steviehill
Unread 12-17-2007, 10:38 PM

I see the dr. on the morning of the 19th, but I got a phone call today from the dr's nurse telling me the lab results and pap were in. The pap test came back abnormal show precancer cells but she tells me there is nothing to worry about the lab result on my uterus and ovary didn't find cancer and the pap showed precancer cells were outside the uterin wall. She says precancer isn't cancer yet and not to worry and recommended a pap in a year. don't worry? How can you not? Isn't there something that can be done to prevent precancer cells from becoming cancer. Theres been alot of cancer in the family line and I can't help but let it scare me. I'm still achey in my lower back, right shoulder, cramping seems to come ago depending on the level of my activity. Right now besides the backache I have a pain on my right side, but I'm still glad I had the rest of it taken out.
Unread 12-17-2007, 10:56 PM

Chris did you have a vaginal or an abdominal surgery? I'm just curious because my vagina is no where close to being ready for anything to be inserted and our surgery dates are the same. Take care~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register