Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 12-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

I'm just over 2 weeks. I am still having on and off pains. Like some of you discribed it feels alot like cramps sometimes. I am also having some pains in my left side I guess from the left ovary and mess that he removed. I still get tired easy and have only been out of the house twice so far. I am having spotting on and off mostly during a bm or if I've just done too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2007, 04:14 AM
2 weeks post-op

Wow! I can't believe it has been 2 weeks already. I am doing great, I had my 2 week Dr. visit yesterday & she was delighted with my progress. I have a few twinges inside once in awhile, but for the most part- I feel great. I have only gone out a couple of times, but I am now allowed to drive! Today is my dept. Christmas party that I am going to go & crash. *partysign The guys are going to be so excited(they have been greatly concerned). I have only been walking around & playing on the puter(I know not to overdo it), so getting out on my own is going to be great. Take care everyone and Merry Christmas to all!
Unread 12-20-2007, 04:54 AM
cramps??

Hello Ladies!

I am 15 days PO from a TVH and still having to take it slow. I had one very good day and then "paid for it" the following, so again you can "listen to your body," but you need to listen to common sense as well and even if you feel great one day, stop and pace yourself. I have been having "cramps" and asked my doc at my 2 week check up, we figured out that I was most likely ovulating. Before surgery, I would get sort of these cramps when I ovulated and I guess my body is getting back down to business as usual. Here is a tip-I have been using Thermacare pads for cramps, they are those self-heating pads that adhere to the inside of your underwear. Anyway, they have been a life saver. Not sure if they would help if you have an abdominal incision, but for me they are great. Had an emotionally bad day yesterday, just getting frustrated with not being able to do all that I would like, had a nice long cry with hubby and starting a new day today with a more positive attitude. That's all for now. Take care everyone.

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2007, 07:00 AM
My update

Okay well I had my LAVH on Dec. 6th they ended up taking everything I had endo all over my bladder and colon so she had to burn it off and take everything else. I also had a cyst on one of my ovaries and scar tissue from another cyst that had burst when I was a teenager. She put me on HRT. I am now getting night sweats at night and yesterday I had my first hot flash. I don't see the Dr. until Jan. 18th.

I am feeling really good I was doing light housework all last week but taking 2 hour naps during the day while the kids were at school. This week I am feeling good except for I am having the pain in the right side and am feeling constipated. I stopped taking hte stool softners because I was going good.

I ended up with an infection called vaginitis. That seems to have cleared up.

Tomorrow I am going Christmas shopping because my poor dd has nothing for Christmas yet. My dh was supposed to handle it but all he bought for was my son. LOL
Unread 12-20-2007, 07:40 AM

I too started having period style cramps yesterday. I checked my calendar and it was time for my period to start. This was very acute as I have been pain free almost from second day after the surgery.
I started a thread called Phantom Period in Post Op. I am curios how many women have these and how often they will reoccur.
Chris
LSH 12-06-07
Unread 12-20-2007, 08:40 AM

I had my 2 week post-op visit yesterday (LAVH on 12/3). I was released to start driving and to go back to work part time. I asked my doctor about sexual activity and she said that having orgasm's is fine but nothing internal until I am 6 weeks post-op. She said that the stitches that are placed internally can come loose and my intestines could fall out! Say no more...no cheating here...since my husband was also at the appointment I know there will be no presure. His face grimiced when the doctor said "your intestines could fall out of your vagina". Ah, you just gotta laugh sometimes.

I am going on a mission trip to S. Africa in March and want to bungee jump off the 3rd hightest bridge inthe world while I am there. I did get clearance for that!
Unread 12-20-2007, 10:35 AM

I just got back from my 2 week too. The good news is that the cancer has been removed, margins are clear, lymph nodes are clear. All I have to do is have a blood test every 3 months for 5 years to make sure my tumor levels don't go up.
The bad news is that he wants me to keep the staples in for one more week. They itch SO BAD I almost cried, but I've got a big belly, so I guess that's the price I pay. They come out next Thursday.

I'm thankful that I"m healing and that I'm cancer free. That's a big load off. I guess I'll deal with the staples.
At least I can get out of the house now. He cleared me to drive too. I don't plan on any marathons, but I'll definitely take a trip to Kohls this afternoon. It's right down the street from me and I still have 3 presents to get.

to all
Unread 12-20-2007, 11:52 AM

Hi everyone
I had a TVH with removal of both ovaries on Dec. 4. I was awake during the surgery and did very, very well. I have not taken one pain killer, as I have had no pain EXCEPT due to an exasperating case of constipation that left me with some other little problems -- nothing a little Ibuprofen and Preparation H can't take care of.

I'm doing so well I have to remind myself I just had surgery. I went back to work 1 week post-op but I have gone home early a few times to rest. Christmas is coming and my 16 month old grandson will be here. I hope I don't cause myself any problems picking him up or playing with him.
Unread 12-20-2007, 12:15 PM

I drove today! I had LSH and have really been taking it easy so I thought I would take a short drive today. It went really well. I brought a pillow just in case to put between me and the seatbelt but I didn't need it. I'm a little tired now but otherwise doing well. The one down side to driving is now I'll be more tempted to overdo it so I know I have to be careful, I'm still healing. Now if I could just figure out how to deal with the itching...
Unread 12-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Yesterday I had my 1 week post-op. I still very tired. and achey in my lower adomen and back. My pap results came back after I had the surgery for endo. The pap was adnormal showing precancer cells. When the doctor was in surgery he found an adenmyosis of large size as well as the endo. I learned on the 19th that because of what he found he had also pulled my cervix as well. Now my gyn tells me he would of done things differently if he had the pap results back before the surgery. He says he thinks the precancer cells were flushed down from the uterus and they should die out on there own. He says he's pretty sure the cancer was contained in the uterus and there is nothing to worry about because there is nothing left for it to attach itself to and grow. I told him I wasn't comfortable with it should or pretty sure. He agreed to do a more extensive work up on my uterus, left ovary and cervix and said he would call me if he wasn't comfortable with the patholists findings. The gyn said that if he had to go back in and kill the precancer cells he would, but it would be 6 months from now to allow my body healing time. I'm not sure I like that idea if the precancer cells don't die out on there own, 6 months is a long growing period. I'm told my tiredness and aches and pains will pass in time, but in my case it wasn't just a hysterectomy and the healing time will be longer. So here I am playing the waiting game and due to the holiday season probably won't no anything until after the holidays. The trip to the dr's was exhausting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register